On this page:
Definition of the noun Arte
What does Arte mean as a name of something?
Arte is a genus of Geometridae, described by Stephens in 1829.
- synonym: genus Arte
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Geometridae
- genus: Chiasmia
Arte is a Franco-German TV network. It describes itself as a European culture channel and aims to promote quality programming especially in areas of culture and the arts. Its facilities are located in Issy-les-Moulineaux near Paris and Strasbourg in France and Baden-Baden in Germany. Because it is an international joint venture, programs cater technically to audiences from both countries.
- also known as 아르테, 아르떼, 德法公共电视台
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Documentary - "The Saga of Life" (The Unknown World), with Eriksson Television, Wanngard, Sveriges Television, ZDF, Channel 4 & WGBH
- Peabody Award - "Odyssey of Life" (Odyssey of Life), with WGBH, SVT1, ZDF & Channel 4
- International Emmy Award for Documentary - "The Saga of Life" (The Unknown World), with Eriksson Television, Sveriges Television, ZDF, Channel 4, WGBH & Wanngard
- nominated to German Film Award for Best Feature Film - "Beyond Silence", with Caroline Link, Claussen + Wöbke Filmproduktion GmbH, Roxy Film, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Schweizer Fernsehen & Süddeutscher Rundfunk
- German Film Award for Best Feature Film - "Beyond Silence", with Caroline Link, Claussen + Wöbke Filmproduktion GmbH, Roxy Film, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Süddeutscher Rundfunk & Schweizer Fernsehen
- nominated to International Emmy Award for TV Movie/Mini-Series - "The Manns - Novel of a Century", with Bavaria Film, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, ORF, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Norddeutscher Rundfunk, Swiss Broadcasting Corporation, Schweizer Fernsehen
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Arts Programming - "The Tragedy of Hamlet", with Agat Films & Cie, NHK, British Broadcasting Corporation
- International Emmy Award for TV Movie/Mini-Series - "The Manns - Novel of a Century", with Norddeutscher Rundfunk, Bavaria Film, Swiss Broadcasting Corporation, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, ORF, Schweizer Fernsehen
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Documentary - "Life Goes On", with Hessischer Rundfunk & StarCrest Media GmbH
- nominated to German Film Award for Best Feature Film - "Solino", with Wüste Filmproduktion, Wüste Film West GmbH, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, Bavaria Film, Multimedia Film- und Fernsehproduktion
- Peabody Award - "Storyville" (Chavez: Inside the Coup), with Irish Film Board, Raidió Teilifís Éireann, ZDF, YLE, Omroep NTR, CoBo Fonds, British Broadcasting Corporation
- Peabody Award - "Great Performances" (Degas and the Dance), with NHK, Musée d'Orsay, Sveriges Television, Algemene Vereniging Radio Omroep, PBS, Paris Opera, WNET, Idéale Audience, Scorer Associates, ORF, Bayerischer Rundfunk & British Broadcasting Corporation
- International Emmy Award for Documentary - "Life Goes On", with StarCrest Media GmbH & Hessischer Rundfunk
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Arts Programming - "Knowledge Is the Beginning", with ZDF & EuroArts Music International
- Peabody Award - "Why We Fight", with Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Charlotte Street Films Ltd., BBC Television, TV 2, Yle TV2, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie, Sveriges Television, VPRO, NRK, Media Plus Program, Eesti Televisioon, Televisión Española
- International Emmy Award for Arts Programming - "Knowledge Is the Beginning", with EuroArts Music International & ZDF
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Documentary - "Smiling in a War Zone", with Network Movie, Cosmo Film, Sveriges Television, Hepp Film, Klaffi Productions, Film i Skåne, Flying Enterprise Productions, DR2, Swedish Film Institute, Finnish Film Foundation, Danish Film Institute, YLE Co-Productions, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Nordic Film och TV Fund, AVEK, ZDF, British Broadcasting Corporation
- nominated to International Emmy Award for TV Movie/Mini-Series - "Mein Leben - Marcel Reich-Ranicki", with Trebitsch Entertainment & Westdeutscher Rundfunk
- Peabody Award - "Independent Lens" (Reel Injun: On the Trail of the Hollywood Indian), with National Film Board of Canada, CBS News, Rezolution Pictures, Aboriginal Peoples Television Network, documentary, Ici ARTV, Algemene Vereniging Radio Omroep, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Knowledge Network & Independent Television Service
- official website: www.arte.tv
Arte is a fictional character from the 2009 film Lunopolis.
"Arte" is a book by Thomas Hoving.
- "Arte" is a musical album of Antonio Calò.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Arte" is a musical album of Anticonceptivas.
- released in (8 years ago)
ARTE a.k.a. The Arctic tern is a seabird of the tern family Sternidae. This bird has a circumpolar breeding distribution covering the Arctic and sub-Arctic regions of Europe, Asia, and North America. The species is strongly migratory, seeing two summers each year as it migrates along a convoluted route from its northern breeding grounds to the Antarctic coast. Recent studies have shown average annual roundtrip lengths of about 70,900 km for birds nesting in Iceland and Greenland and c. 90,000 km for birds nesting in the Netherlands. These are by far the longest migrations known in the animal kingdom. The Arctic tern flies as well as glides through the air, performing almost all of its tasks in the air. It nests once every one to three years; once it has finished nesting it takes to the sky for another long southern migration.
- read more about Arctic tern
Phrases with Arte
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arte
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Markets and Myths (2014)
Forces For Change In the European Media by Anthony Weymouth, Bernard Lamizet
ARTE is an innovatory, experimental channel in three ways at least.
In summary, ARTE is a channel exclusively committed to the broadcasting of cultural ...
FOREWORD Commedia dell'arte is a form of theatre filled with accepted conventions; filled with well-established, familiar stock characters; and each character has a repertoire of well-known lazzi, or "acts" or "turns." It is, on the whole, played ...
by Mark Evans, Rick Kemp
Commedia dell'arte is a play of urgency and survival: all passions and drives of the characters are pushed to an extreme in a...
The word Arte means Profession: it is what you do well with your hands, your skills from which you earn your living.
Journalism Across Boundaries (2012)
The Promises And Challenges Of Transnational And Transborder Journalism by K. Grieves
Arte is a cultural and information channel run by a FrenchGerman public service television partnership and airs programming in both languages to audiences on both sidesoftheborder.1AsEuropeans increasinglyseekcommon ground among ...
by Dr Eric Nicholson, Professor Robert Henke
arguably, commedia dell'arte is an eighteenth-century term applicable only to an eighteenth-century phenomenon—one which had developed and altered considerably since ...
On Camera Strategies for Actors from a Casting Director by Nancy Bishop
The New Crimes Commedia dell'Arte is a highly physicalized form of theatre, accompanied by an insane, thumping rock and roll drumbeat. It seems unlikely that this style could be useful for film acting, which is grounded so fully in realism.
The Original 1925 Version by William Butler Yeats
Italian commedia dell'arte is a form of improvisational theater still performed today, but popular from the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries. Performances include juggling, acrobatics, and humorous plays based on a repertoire of ...
Converting Words (2010)
Maya in the Age of the Cross by William F. Hanks
The colonial Maya arte is a published work by a named author, endorsed in a series of approvals and licenses by named individuals at stated dates and places , and appearing under a title page stating the year and place it was made final by ...
by F. Arturo Rosales
ARTE PUBLICO PRESS From its beginnings in the Hispanic civil rights movement to its current status as the oldest and most accomplished publisher of contemporary and recovered literature by U.S. Hispanic authors, Arte Publico Press and ...
by Matthew Pilkington
De Pictura, prtestantissima ct nunquam satis laudata arte, &c. a Leone Baptista Alberti. Basil, 1649. 7 Museum Florentinum. 6 Lamberti Lombardi Vita, ab Ul Goltzio. 9 Gerardi de Lairesse pictoris Opus. Per Nic. Visscher edituin. 10 De Arte ...
Dictionary of the Theatre (1998)
Terms, Concepts, and Analysis by Patrice Pavis, Christine Shantz
Commedia dell'Arte; Sp.: commedia dell'arte. 1. Origins Commedia dell'arte was once called commedia aU'improviso, commedia a soggetto, commedia di zanni and, in France, Italian comedy or comedy of masks. Not until the eighteenth ...
by Shirlee Emmons, Wilbur Watkins Lewis
COMMEDIA DELL'ARTE: a popular, improvised art form that flourished from the sixteenth through the eighteenth centuries, performed by a group of professional actors playing masked characters who were found in stock dramatic situations.
by Delia Gaze
Galeria de Arte Mexicano, Mexico City, 1940 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arte
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arte
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Arte
Alexandre le Grand Arte 2014 10 25 20 45
History of Alexander the Great.
See also the pronunciation examples of Arte!
Scrabble value of A1R1T1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine