On this page:
Arth is sometimes a misspelling of loud.
"Arth" is a 1982 film directed by Mahesh Bhatt, starring Shabana Azmi, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Smita Patil, Raj Kiran and Rohini Hattangadi. It features a memorable soundtrack by Ghazal duo, Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh.
- also known as The Meaning
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, English Language
- producer: Kuljit Pal
- art direction by M. S. Shinde
- written by Mahesh Bhatt & Sujit Sen
- based on a story by Mahesh Bhatt
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Inder Malhotra
- Smita Patil as Kavita Sanyal
- Rohini Hattangadi as Pooja's Maid
- Shabana Azmi as Mrs. Pooja Inder Malhotra
- Mazhar Khan as Harish
- Raj Kiran as Raj
- Gulshan Grover as Gulshan
- Siddharth Kak as Anil
- Purnima as Hostel Principal
- Shammi as Mrs. Bhalla
- Om Shivpuri as Dr. Puri
- Gita Siddharth as Aparna
- Dalip Tahil as Dalip
- Chand Usmani as School Adminstrator
- Dina Pathak as Kavita's Mother
- cinematography by Pravin Bhatt
- edited by Keshav Hirani
- music by Jagjit Singh, Chitra Singh
- costume design by Manya Patil Seth
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released on (33 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Anu Arts) nomination for Kuljit Pal
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Mahesh Bhatt
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Smita Patil
- Filmfare Award for Best Story nomination for Mahesh Bhatt
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination for Shabana Azmi
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Rohini Hattangadi
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress, received by Shabana Azmi
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress, received by Rohini Hattangadi
- Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue, received by Mahesh Bhatt
Printed books with definitions for Arth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ABC of Hinduism (2017)
by Prem P. Bhalla
Arth means wealth or money. The Hindu way of life recognizes that every human being is driven by four basic aims – dharm, arth, kaam and moksh. In that sense, arth is one of the four human aims or objects of life. It relates to the concept of material prosperity. Some look down upon such a concept. Hinduism accepts it as a basic aim of every householder. However, it is desirable that material prosperity should be attained ethically within the dictates of morality prescribed in the Vedas.
The arth is a parfect bed offlower8 — and look! ses! how the river falls over them little ledges ; and isn't it charming the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Arth
Arth and part of Goldau
Viewed from Rigi Scheidegg
Photo credit: vasile23
Scrabble value of A1R1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARTH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Arth!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Arth to find many related words and phrases!