On this page:
- Arthur Hall: Arthur Charles Hall VC was an Australian recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry in the face of the enemy that can be awarded to British and Commonwealth forces. His Victoria Cross was won for his actions in September 1918 on the Western Front during the First World War.
- Arthur Hall was an English Member of Parliament, courtier and translator. According to J. E. Neale a "reprobate", who gained notoriety by his excesses, he was several times in serious trouble with Parliament itself, and among the accusations in a privilege case was his attitude to Magna Carta. What were his incidental attacks on the antiquity of the institution were taken seriously, a generation later, by Sir Edward Coke, as undermining Parliament by "derogation". He produced the first substantial translation of The Iliad into English.
- Arthur Hall: Arthur William Hall was a New Zealand politician of the Reform Party.
- born in (136 years ago)
- died on (84 years ago)
- Arthur Hall was a former Australian rules footballer who played with Carlton and Fitzroy in the Victorian Football League.
- born on (97 years ago)
- died on (13 years ago)
- Arthur Hall is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Arthur Hall (actor)
- Arthur Hall a.k.a. Arthur L. Hall was an African American dancer, choreographer, and teacher.
- read more about Arthur L. Hall
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arthur Hall
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frank Hoffmann
Nichols, Frank (Arthur Hall*) Nielson, Varna (Aileen Stanley) Noble, Harold( Scrappy Lambert) ...
by Geraldine Rhoades Beckford
Shober, James Francis Wilson Hargrave, Frank Settle Mitchner, William Arthur Winston—Salem Bruce, William Henry Carter, Edward Randolph Cunningham, Isaac Summerville Eaton, Chester Arthur Hall, H. Humphrey Hall, Henry Williams ...
by Molefi Kete Asante, Ama Mazama
Arthur Hall) of the famous IléIfè Cultural Center. The priestess who is presently in charge ...
by Walter P. Wright
Arthur Hall, ruby Garibaldi. maroon Ruby Grinsted, yellow ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arthur Hall
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Arthur Hall to find many related words and phrases!