Atal Bihari Vajpayee
is an acrostic for abv.
On this page:
Who is Atal Bihari Vajpayee?
Atal Bihari Vajpayee is an Indian statesman who was the eleventh Prime Minister of India, first for 13 days in 1996 and then from 1998 to 2004. A leader of the centre-right Bharatiya Janata Party, he is the first Prime Minister from outside the Indian National Congress party to serve a full five-year term.
- also known as Ваджпаи, Атал Бихари; 阿塔尔·比哈里·瓦杰帕伊
- born on (91 years ago) in Gwalior, child of Krishna Devi and Krishna Bihari Vajpayee
- ethnicity: Kanyakubja Brahmins
- nationality: India
- religion: Hinduism
- education: Master of Arts (Political Science) at DAV College, Kanpur
- profession: Politician, poet
- written works: "Meri ikyavana kavitaem", "Kucha lekha, kucha bhāshaṇa", "Nayī cunautī, nayā avasara", "Vikasita arthavyavasthā kī ora", "Values, vision & verses of Vajpayee", "Gaṭhabandhana kī rājanīti", "Bindu-bindu vicāra", "Āndhīoṃmeṃ jalāye bujhate diye", "Decisive days", "Atalji, the pathfinder", "President's addresses, 1980-1986", "Na dainyaṃ na palāyanam", "Vicāra-bindu", "Dynamics of an open society", "Four decades in parliament", "Aṭala Bihārī Vājapeyī, merī saṃsadīya yātrā", "Jang nah hone den̲ge", "Kaidī Kavirāya kī kuṇḍaliyāṃ", "New dimensions of India's foreign policy", "Suvāsita pushpa", "Rājanīti kī rapaṭīlī rāheṃ"
- award: - Padma Vibhushan (Public Affairs)
- official website: www.atalbiharibajpai.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by the staff of Congressional Quarterly,
parties, and itsfounder, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, a moderate, became prime minister. The BJP favors economic privatization and protection from foreign competition. It advocates astrong defenseand development of nuclear arms. In the spring of 1998, the.
Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, 2nd Edition [6 volumes] (2010)
A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices by J. Gordon Melton, Martin Baumann
In 1998, while inaugurating a large new Krishna temple in New Delhi, India's prime minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, praised ISKCON for its success in the “globalization of the message of the Bhagavad Gita.” Although some view ISKCON ...
by Lawrence R. Sullivan
Indian prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee signed a declaration on principles for relations and comprehensive cooperation between China and India that reiterated the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence. Among the issues dividing China and India are the latter's claim to sovereignty over the Himalayan kingdom of Sikkim, which borders China, and continued Indian sheltering of the Dalai Lama and the Karmapa Lama (the third most esteemed figure in Tibetan Buddhism), who in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Photo credit: pranshurathi