On this page:
- Definition of the noun athena
- Phrases with Athena
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Athena
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Athena
- Photos about Athena
- Videos about Athena
- Quotes about Athena
- Scrabble value of A1T1H4E1N1A1
- Anagrams of ATHENA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun athena
What does athena mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- (Greek mythology) goddess of wisdom and useful arts and prudent warfare; guardian of Athens; identified with Roman Minerva
- example: When Achilles would draw his sword to slay Agamemnon, Athena, invisible to all else, holds him back by a lock of hair. Here Homer shows us the gods as the psychology of ancient Greece.
- domain: Greek mythology
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- scientific names: Athena / genus Athena / Speotyto / genus Speotyto / Spheotyto / genus Spheotyto / Athene
- synonyms of Athena: Pallas / Pallas Athena / Pallas Athene
- instance of: Greek deity = a deity worshipped by the ancient Greeks
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
"Athena" is a platform arcade game, produced and published in 1986 by SNK. It was later ported to the NES, developed by Micronics. Conversions were done also for the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and Amstrad CPC in 1987 by Ocean Software under their Imagine label. However, only the NES version was released for North American homes until the PlayStation Network saw a release of the arcade original in 2011. The game's protagonist, Princess Athena, has gone on to appear in later fighting games by SNK as a secret character or assistant to her descendant Athena Asamiya, a frequent main character in these games.
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: SNK Playmore
- genres: Platform game, Action game
- publisher: SNK Playmore
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Athena" is a romantic musical comedy, starring Jane Powell, Edmund Purdom, Debbie Reynolds, Vic Damone, Louis Calhern, and Norma Varden, and released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- also known as Athen
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Richard Thorpe
- producer: Joe Pasternak
- art direction by Cedric Gibbons & Paul Groesse
- written by Leonard Spigelgass
- music by Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin
- costume design by Helen Rose & Walter Plunkett
- set decoration by Edwin B. Willis & Henry Grace
- genres: Romance Film, Musical, Musical comedy, Comedy
- released on (61 years ago)
- "Athena": Discover why the chicken did cross the road in Athena.
- Athena is a fictional deity in the Marvel Comics Universe based on the Greek Goddess of the same name. Athena first appeared in the pages of Thor #164, written by Stan Lee and drawn by Jack Kirby.
- Athena is a fictional character on the television series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Young Hercules and Xena: Warrior Princess. She has been portrayed by three different actress, each giving the character differing personalities. Actress Amanda Lister was the first to portray Athena on Hercules, Jane Fullerton-Smith portrayed the character on Young Hercules and Paris Jefferson portrayed the character on Xena.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2007 Japanese animated CG film Appleseed: Ex Machina.
- Athena is a fictional character form the 2008 film SupahPapalicious.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2014 play The Anthem.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2011 film Red Sky.
- Athena is a fictional film character.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2009 TV series Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2005 film Just Friends.
- Athena is a fictional character from 2012 anime TV series Campione!.
- Athena is a fictional character from the book Black Ships Before Troy.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2008 film Remarkable Power.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 1965 film The Naked Brigade.
- Athena is a fictional character from the 2011 film Immortals.
- "Athena" is a song written by Pete Townshend and recorded by The Who. It appears as the first track on the group's tenth studio album It's Hard, released in 1982. It was released as the first single from that album, achieving moderate chart success at number 28 on the US Billboard Hot 100, but received good airplay on album-oriented rock and later classic rock radio formats.
- "Athena" is a musical album of Athena.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "ATHENA" is a musical single of -OZ-.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Athena": Athena is a 1982 single by The Who.
- released in (34 years ago)
- Athena a.k.a. Nozomi Tsuji: Nozomi Sugiura, known professionally by her birth name of Nozomi Tsuji is a Japanese tarento. In 2000, she began her career as a singer for Japanese idol band Morning Musume. Tsuji later found success with related groups Mini Moni and W. She has participated in the shuffle groups 10-nin Matsuri, Odoru 11, and 11Water, H.P. All Stars, as well as being a member of the Morning Musume splinter group Morning Musume Otomegumi.
- read more about Nozomi Tsuji
- Athena a.k.a. Cynthia Cidre is an American screenwriter and producer. She is the showrunner and executive producer of Dallas. Cidre was the creator and an executive producer for the drama series Cane in 2007 and wrote the scripts for the films, In Country, A Killing in a Small Town and The Mambo Kings.
- read more about Cynthia Cidre
- Athena Andreadis is an Anglo-Greek musician, singer and songwriter born in London. In 2008, she was featured in a British television documentary.
- read more about Athena (singer)
- Athena Sophia Rhossa Alejandro Tibi, known by her stage name Athena, or Athena Tibi, is a singer, stage actress and movie actress from Manila, The Philippines, raised in Saitama, Japan.
- Athena is an actress.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Athena (actress)
- AthenA is a hip hop/rap vocalist.
Athena is a musical group.
- albums: "A New Religion?", "Inside, the moon", "Twilight of Days"
Athena Co. Ltd. is a Japanese video game developer, founded in July 1987.
- read more about A Condominiums
- Athena was a 1990s Lockheed Martin expendable launch system which underwent several name changes in its lifetime.
- also known as 雅典娜系列運載火箭
- Athena is a clipper-bowed three masted gaff rigged schooner built by Royal Huisman in 2004 for Internet entrepreneur James H. Clark. Clark purchased a 47.4 meter sloop, Hyperion, from Royal Huisman in 1998. As Hyperion was nearing completion, Clark began to consider the possibilities of a larger yacht, which could include a theater, library, more guest space and a more capable galley, taking inspiration from the 1920s Krupp built motor yacht "Talitha".
- Athena is a British art retailer, and was formerly a large retail chain, famous for its distinctive posters.
- official website: www.vivarti.co.uk
- ATHENA is a European Union funded project which aims to provide content to Europeana. It is led by the Italian Ministry of Culture, and "takes its origins from the existing MINERVA network.
Phrases with Athena
- Ytu Athena
- Genus Athena
- Appias Athena
- Cupido Athena
- Morpho Athena
- pallas athena
- Bibasis Athena
- Chromis Athena
- Mysidia Athena
- Euselasia Athena
- Lepanthes Athena
- Castianeira athena
- Calamotropha Athena
- Ophioplinthaca Athena
- Species Appias Athena
- Species Cupido Athena
- Species Morpho Athena
- Parapachydiscus Athena
- Species Bibasis Athena
- Species Chromis Athena
View more phrases with the word Athena in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Athena
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tom Donovan
Athena is that best friend that Odysseus can always count on.
Hierophantic Landscapes (2011)
Lighting Up Chalice Well, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Rondanes, and Oaxaca by Richard Leviton
Pallas Athena is the master mentor and overseer of the metaphysical science of astrology, not, mind you, the distorted version of it that passes for Western astrology, but the real thing, the actual perception of solar probabilities and influences ...
Third International Conference, CNSA 2010, Chennai, India, July 23-25, 2010 Proceedings by Natarajan Meghanathan, Selma Boumerdassi, Nabendu Chaki, Dhinaharan Nagamalai
Athena: Athena is an automatic model checking tool developed by Dawn Song and Perring in 2001 . Thayer, Herog...
A Virgin Conceived (2002)
Mary and Classical Representations of Virginity by Mary F. Foskett
Thus Athena plays an integral role in all that upon which civilization depends—politics, wisdom, arts and crafts, and reproduction. Athena is the goddess most identi¤ed with the work of ...
Gods, Monsters, Myths and What's in Store for Jason, Piper and Leo by Natalie Buczynsky, Jonathan Shelnutt, Richard Marcus
In contemporary American literature, Athena is the mother (again by virgin birth) of demigoddess Annabeth, ...
by William Stewart
oo Athena (Athene) Queen of Heaven (Minerva - many goddesses were called 'Queen of Heaven' as was the Moon). One of the most important goddesses in Greek mythology. In Roman ...
Abridged from the Larger Dictionary by Sir William Smith
G8 ATHENA. the residence of the tyrant Hermias, with whom Aristotle resided some time. ATAX (-acts: Aude), originally called Nar- bo, a river in GnIHa Narbonensis, rising in the Pyrenees, and flowing by Narbo Marlins Into the Lacus ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Athena \a-'the-na\ or Athene \a-'the-ne\ In Greek mythology, the city protectress, goddess of war, handicraft, and practical reason or wisdom, identified by the Romans with Minerva. Athena was probably a pre-Hellenic goddess later accepted ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Athena
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Athena
Click on an item to view that photo:
@ Vatican Museum
Photo credit: &koia&
via Instagram ift.tt/20k74F5
Photo credit: bnilsen
Photo credit: marsupium photography
Photo credit: toehk
Photo credit: abdallahh
Photo credit: bird&monster.
Photo credit: ♥♥Mary♥♥
Inside the parthenon, the nashville Athena.
Photo credit: EazyIanish
Photo credit: wetribe
111121 NY - 597.raf
Photo credit: iurikothe
Photo credit: Francisco Anzola
The old odeon cinema in Leicester. Now called the athena
Photo credit: Cubwolf (Dave Smith)
Photo credit: RedButtons
On the trampoline
Photo credit: monkeypuzzle
Photo credit: AZAdam
Athena sculpture at Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek sculpture museum in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Photo credit: Justin Tung
Not technically part of Sandy, but Athena came as Hoboken was still picking itself up from the hurricane.
Photo credit: alecperkins
- Athena with the Medusa Aegida
Photo credit: Cea.
- Brenden, Justin, Brandie and Athena
Photo credit: TenSafeFrogs
- Athena at 3 months
Photo by Aimee.
Photo credit: jbj
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Athena
Click on an item to play that video:
- Athena Meaning
Video shows what Athena means. The goddess of wisdom, especially strategic warfare, the arts, and especially crafts, in particular, weaving; daughter of Zeus ...
- Yu-Gi-Oh Card Explanation (Athena)
Good card to inflict damage to your opponent. Hope this video helps. Dark World Yugioh. Out!!!
- Description of Athena without words
See also the pronunciation examples of Athena!
Quotes about Athena
Diving and stealing the pearls from the oceans of knowledge
Waiting to face gladly, the ocean keeper's trident
Don't call me a genius as they're the mind-born childs
Of the Athena, still now I'm an irregular student. (Durgapuri Babu)
more quotes about athena...
Scrabble value of A1T1H4E1N1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ATHENA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Athena!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Athena to see it in context!