On this page:
- Definition of the noun Atlantida
- Phrases with Atlantida
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atlantida
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atlantida
- Photos about Atlantida
- Videos about Atlantida
- Scrabble value of A1T1L1A1N1T1I1D2A1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Atlantida
What does Atlantida mean as a name of something?
Atlantida is a genus of Plectorthidae, described by Havlicek in 1971.
- synonym: genus Atlantida
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Brachiopoda
- class: Rhynchonellata
- family: Plectorthidae
- Atlantida a.k.a. Atlántida Department: Atlántida is a department located on the north Caribbean shore of Honduras, Central America. The capital is the port city of La Ceiba.
- read more about Atlántida Department
- Atlantida is the traditional name of an ancient city in the Amazon River valley believed to have been founded by Phoenician explorers more than 4,000 years ago. The finds were made by Dr. Luis Bueno Horta Barbosa who was travelling with General Candido Rondon in late 1929. They discovered inscriptions carved on rocks rendered in hieroglyphics. Aside from rock formations the explorers recovered pottery inscribed with hieroglyphics along the Cumina River, in the state of Pará, Brazil. Their work indicated the Phoenicians may have traversed the Amazon River and established a city in South America.
Atlantida is a publisher.
- "Atlantida" a.k.a. "Atlántida" is an opera by Manuel de Falla based on the Catalan poem L'Atlàntida by Jacint Verdaguer.
- also known as Atlàntida
- music by Manuel de Falla
- "Atlantida" is a musical album of Lucie Vondráčková.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Atlantida" a.k.a. "Atlantīda" is a composition.
- "Atlantida" is a French novel by Pierre Benoit published in February 1919. It was translated into English in 1920 as Atlantida. L'Atlantide was Benoit's second novel, following Koenigsmark, and it won the Grand Prize of the French Academy. The English translation of Atlantida was first published in the United States as a serial in Adventure magazine.
- also known as L'Atlantide
- language: English Language
- genre: Fantasy
- released in (96 years ago)
- "Atlantida" is a book by Borislav Pekić.
"Atlantida" is a 2014 film written and directed by Inés María Barrionuevo.
- also known as Atlántida
- countries: France, Argentina
- language: Spanish Language
- producer: Paola Suarez
- production design by Carolina Vergara
- written by Inés María Barrionuevo
- costume design by Sol Muñoz
- genres: Coming-of-age story, LGBT, Drama
- released in
Atlantida a.k.a. Atlántida was a general interest and women's magazine published in Argentina between 1918 and 1970.
Phrases with Atlantida
- Genus Atlantida
- Cellaria Atlantida
- Neumania Atlantida
- Species Cellaria Atlantida
- Species Neumania Atlantida
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atlantida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Atlantida is a model for conducting household sample surveys, while Agrostan is the case study for the 1970 round of agricultural censuses. Providencia covers all aspects of conducting an economic census. Popstan is the latest country and is ...
Post-Soviet Women (1997)
From the Baltic to Central Asia by Mary Buckley
Atlantida is a new Russian information association. According to its statute it includes Atlantida magazine, an information agency, radio and TV programmes, a publishing house, cultural and educational centres for holding international ...
Brazilian Cinema (1995)
by Randal Johnson, Robert Stam
Carnaval Atlantida is the film where one can best trace the relationships between parody, chanchada, and Carnival, presented so that each is absorbed and explained within the limits and sphere of the others. Thus, parody arises as the only ...
The Atlantis Encyclopedia (2005)
by Frank Joseph
Atlantida. Literally “Atlantis”; an opera (sometimes performed in concert form) by Spain's foremost composer, Manuel de Falla (1876 to 1946). When ayouth, de Falla heard local folktales of Atlantis, and learned that some Andalusian nobility ...
Chambers's Encyclopaedia (1868)
A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People
4th, Nilotic Atlantida>, occupying the water-system of the Upper and Middle Nile. The leading tribes are the Gallas, Ago ws, Nubians, and Bishari, forming the population of Abyssinia, Adel, and Nubia. It connects by imperceptible gradations ...
by Germán Bleiberg
Madrid: Atlantida, 1926. El tributo de las siete doncellas. Madrid: Atlantida, 1926.
by Don Michael Randel
In addition, after Falla's death Halffter undertook to complete the unfinished scenic cantata Atlantida, ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1922)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Edward Aloysius Pace
It was erected 2 February, 1916, by the division of the diocese of Comaya- gua, of which it takes in all the northern part and comprises the civil provinces of Cortes, Islas de la Bahia, Atlantida and Colon. It is confided to the care of the Lazarists.
Atlantida (Atlantis), and 1999.
by Walter Robert Thurmond Witschey, Clifford T. Brown
Atlantida Choluteca Colon Comayagua Copan Cortes El Paraiso Francisco Morazan Gracias a ...
by Philip G. Altbach, Edith S. Hoshino
At the beginning of the twentieth century new names were added to the industry, such as Crespillo, Laserre, Atlantida, and Kapelusz¦ firms that are still active in publishing today. But it was in the late 1930s that cultural and publishing activities ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atlantida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Atlantida
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Atlantida
Click on an item to play that video:
- La verdadera Historia: Sumeria y la Atlantida
- Documental - Atlantida - LA REALIDAD SUPERA LA FICCION
Documental - Atlantida - LA REALIDAD SUPERA LA FICCION bbc documental,bbc,national geographic,documental,national geographic documental,Structure ...
- Atlantida Legenda (Desene TRADUS IN ROMANA)
- Atlantida - DOCUMENTAR IN ROMANA
Atlantida - DOCUMENTAR IN ROMANA) documentare.
- Ar Tai Tikra Atlantida 2005 LT
Ar Tai Tikra Atlantida 2005 LT dokumentika lt.
Scrabble value of A1T1L1A1N1T1I1D2A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Atlantida to find many related words and phrases!