On this page:
Definition of the noun Attentat
What does Attentat mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: attentats
- An act of political violence or terrorism, especially a political assassination
Attentat was a Swedish punk band originating from Askim, Gothenburg, Sweden and established in 1978. It fronted Mats Jönsson on vocals. Original members also included Magnus "Paddan" Rydman, Martin "Grodan" Fabian and Dag Wetterholm. The band was known as The Frogs before being renamed Attentat. The first singles were on their own label "Rickman", but the debut album Tatuerade tårar was released in 1981 on Hiss Records, before being signed to Transmission. The band was on a hiatus after 1984 but had a comeback in 1991 and 1992 after signing with Arda Records. They also came together in 1998 for the 20th anniversary and in 2003 for the 25th anniversary. Later line-ups included Mats Jönsson on vocals, Magnus "Paddan/Remdo" Rydman on guitar, both from the original band as well as Cristian "Crippa" Odin on bass and Peter Björklund on drums. The compilation album Fy Fan! released in 2013 on the band's own Rykkman Records raised interest in the band's legacy and climbed the Swedish Albums Chart reaching number 20.
- genre: Punk rock
- albums: "Pilsner, punk & poesi", "Ge fan i mej", "Här & nu", "Tatuerade tårar", "I denna stan", "Fågel", "Attentat lever", "Born to Be Malaj", "Stila dej inte", "Gilla mej", "Sweet & Slade", "Tvärs över tiden", "Occupy Wall Street", "Fattiga och rika", "Dö som en hund", "Jag ska inte bli som dom", "Fy fan!", "Alt Kan Brenne", "Fy fan svenska man", "Nerv", "Attentat är bäst!", "Mera pilsner, punk och poesi", "Like Yesterdays / I Love You Love Me Love"
- official website: www.attentat.nu
- "Attentat" is a musical album of Koffi Olomidé.
- "Attentat" is a musical EP of Soundkail.
- released in (16 years ago)
"Attentat" is a Belgian novel by Amélie Nothomb. It was first published in 1997.
- released in (19 years ago)
"Attentat" a.k.a. "Attentat.": Attentat is a 1980 crime-fiction film written and directed by Poul-Henrik Trampe.
- also known as Assassination, Attentaatti, Merénylet
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- director: Bent Christensen
- producer: Just Betzer
- production design by Palle Arestrup & Viggo Bentzon
- written by Poul-Henrik Trampe
- based on a story by Poul-Henrik Trampe
- Jesper Langberg as Kriminalassistent Kurt Jørgensen
- Lise Schrøder as Edith Jørgensen
- Lene Gürtler as Kirstine Jørgensen
- Ole Meyer as Jens Jørgensen
- Paul Hagen as Knudsen
- Bent Mejding as Vicepolitikommissær Georg Hein
- Preben Borggaard as Politiinspektør Helmer Thomsen
- Tommy Kenter as Kriminalassistent Sundbye
- Claus Strandberg as Kriminalassistent Holm
- Søren Steen as Kriminalassistent Henningsen
- Susanne Breuning as Kriminalassistent Ruth Bjerring
- Hans Rostrup as Kriminalassistent Jucker
- Kjeld Nørgaard as Folketingsbetjent Rolf Askjær
- Buster Larsen as Vagtmester Hornemann
- Susanne Heinrich as Gladys Sørensen
- cinematography by Erik Wittrup Willumsen
- edited by Maj Soya
- music by Ole Hoyer
- costume design by Marcella Kjeltoft
- genre: Crime Fiction
- released on (35 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Attentat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Law Dictionary (1986)
Fachwoerterbuch der anglo-amerikanischen Rechtssprache einschliesslich wirtschaftlicher und politischer Begriffe by Dora von Beseler, Barbara Jacobs-Wüstefeld
Angriff m, Anschlag m, Attentat n arrest ~ ( — to arrest ) Festnahmeversuch assassination ~ Mordanschlag, -versuch, Attentat bomb — Bombenanschlag, -attentat escape ~ Fluchtversuch rescue ~ Rettungsversuch, ...
by Clive Parry, John P. Grant, J. Craig Barker
attentat clause 'The first attempt [to limit the political offence exception to ...
by Frederick Stroud, Elsie May Wheeler, John McDonald Burke
ATTENTAT. — “ An Attentat, in the language of the Civil and Canon Laws, is anything whatsoever wrongfully innovated or attempted in the suit by the Judge a quo, pending an Appeal” (1 Addams, 22, n). quired to be “ attested, ” the meaning is, ...
Port, attentat; Sp. atentar ; Ital. attentate ; Lat. attento— to reach after, to try; freq. from attendo =...
by Andrew Spicer
-backed Uruguay government and the Tupamaro guerrillas, while Yves Boisset's L'Attentat (Plot, 1972) recounts the kidnapping and probable ...
by John Jamieson
attentat: Du Cange. ATTER-CAP, ATTIR-COP, s. 1. A spider, S. Attercop, attercob, id. A. Bor. Montgomery. 2. An ill- natured person ; one of a virulent or malignant disposition, S. A. S. atter-coppe, ...
by Ph. D Newmark
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Attentat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Attentat
Video shows what attentat means. Anything whatsoever, as a ruling, by the judge of a lower court in a matter pending an appeal.. Any step wrongly innovated or ...
Scrabble value of A1T1T1E1N1T1A1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Attentat for some fun with words!