On this page:
Who is Attia Hosain?
Attia Hosain was a writer, feminist and broadcaster. She was born in 1913 in Lucknow in a taluqdar background. She moved to Britain in 1947.
- also known as Attia Hussein
- born in (103 years ago) in Lucknow
- nationality: India
- profession: Writer, presenter, author
- parent of Waris Hussein
- died on (17 years ago)
- written works: "Cooking the Indian way", "Phoenix fled", "Sunlight on a Broken Column"
"Attia Hosain" is a book by Raj Kumar Kaul.
- also known as "Attia Hosain: a diptych volume"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Attia Hosain
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by M K Bhatnagar
Narayan and Mulk Raj Anand, the female or great women novelists are Markandaya, Jhabvala, Dalal, Desai, Attia Hosain, Shakuntala Shrinagesh, Santha Rama Rao, Nayantara Sahgal, Vimala ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Attia Hosain
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Attia Hosain for some fun with words!