On this page:
Definition of the noun aureolaria
What does aureolaria mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- small genus of North American herbs often root-parasitic and bearing golden-yellow flowers; sometimes placed in genus Gerardia
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Aureolaria: genus Aureolaria
- more generic term: asterid dicot genus = genus of more or less advanced dicotyledonous herbs and some trees and shrubs
- member of: family Scrophulariaceae / figwort family / foxglove family / Scrophulariaceae = a family of dicotyledonous plants of the order Polemoniales; includes figwort and snapdragon and foxglove and toadflax and speedwell and mullein
- Aureolaria pedicularia / Gerardia pedicularia / false foxglove = multi-stemmed North American annual having solitary axillary dark golden-yellow flowers resembling those of the foxglove
- Aureolaria virginica / Gerardia virginica / false foxglove = sparsely branched North American perennial with terminal racemes of bright yellow flowers resembling those of the foxglove
Phrases with Aureolaria
Phrases starting with the word Aureolaria:
- Aureolaria flava
- Aureolaria Glauca
- Aureolaria patula
- Aureolaria calycosa
- Aureolaria dispersa
- Aureolaria levigata
- Aureolaria Purpurea
- Aureolaria laevigata
- Aureolaria pectinata
- aureolaria virginica
- Aureolaria auriculata
- Aureolaria microcarpa
- Aureolaria reticulata
- Aureolaria Tenuifolia
- Aureolaria Flava Flava
- Aureolaria grandiflora
- aureolaria pedicularia
- Aureolaria Skinneriana
Phrases ending with the word Aureolaria:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aureolaria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Parasitic flowering plants (2008)
by Henning Heide-Jørgensen
Aureolaria is a North American genus occurring primarily in USA and Mexico. There may be eleven species with rather large yellow flowers except the pink Aureolaria gerardia. The genus is closely related to Agalinis (= Gerardia) and several ...
by Joel Ellis Holloway, Amanda Neill
Aureolaria grandiflora Downy Oakleech SCIENTIFIC NAME: Aureolaria, from Latin, aureo, golden, for the flower ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Aureolaria Raf. Scrophulariaceae ...
by Tatiana Wielgorskaya, Armen Leonovich Takhtadzhi͡an
eastern South America Aureolaria Raf.
by Carole J. Skelly
FEVERWEED (Aureolaria Pedicularia, Formerly Agalinus Pedicularia AndGerardia Pedicularia) [Scrophulariaceae] American Foxglove; Bushy Gerardia; False Foxglove; FernLeaved False Foxglove; Lousewort: This Is AParasitic Plant That ...
by Donald Wyman
FOXGLOVE FAMILY = Scrophulariaceae FOXGLOVE, FALSE = Aureolaria flam FOXTAIL. See setaria.
by Abraham Rees
AUREOLARIA, in Entomology, a species of PHALENA (Geometra), of a small size, that inhabits Germany. The wings are deep yellow, with three streaks and the marin brown. Fabricius. AUREOLUS, MAN1Us Acilius, in Biography, a native of ...
The Cyclopædia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Literature. By Abraham Rees, ... with the Assistance of Eminent Professional Gentlemen. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings, by the Most Disinguished Artists. In Thirthy-nine Volumes. Vol. 1 [- 39] (1819)
AUREOLARIA, in Entomology, a fpecies of PHALAENA (Geometra), , of a fmall fize, that inhabits Germany. The wings are deep yellow, with three streaks and the margin brown. Fabricius. AUREOLUS, MAN 1 vs Aci livs, in Biography, a native ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aureolaria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aureolaria
Annual False Foxglove (Aureolaria pedicularia)
Knapp Mound, Jackson Co., WI
Photo credit: aarongunnar
Scrabble value of A1U1R1E1O1L1A1R1I1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aureolaria to find many related words and phrases!