On this page:
- Ayyappan is a film editor.
- profession: Film editor
- Ayyappan a.k.a. Rajivan Ayyapan is a film score composer.
- read more about Rajivan Ayyapan
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2009 film 2 Harihar Nagar.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2009 film Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2010 film Thaskara Lahala.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 1993 film Venkalam.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 1997 film Bhoothakkannadi.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2006 film Chinthamani Kolacase.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2009 film Patham Nilayile Theevandi.
- Ayyappan is a fictional character from the 2012 film Bachelor Party.
There are other characters with Ayyappan in their name, like ayyappan pillai.
Ayyappan is a Hindu deity who is believed to be the son of Harihara, a rigvedic deity fused with both Shiva and Vishnu. He is generally depicted in a yogic posture, wearing a jewel around his neck, hence named Manikandan, Literally meaning "With bell around the neck".
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ayyappan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ejim Volume 2 (2009) (2010)
by Maarten Bode, Rene Tj Cappers, Jan Em Houben, Jan Meulenbeld, H. Friso Smit
Ayyappan is a popular Hindu deity in South India, especially in Kerala. 35 'Pinda—sveda or Navara—ki_zi is one of the ...
by Annelies Wilder-Smith, Marc Shaw, Eli Schwartz
Lord Ayyappan is a symbol of religious unity and communal harmony and the temple to all, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, social status or nationality.
by Suresh Chandra
2H Ayyappan language. Bhrighu Samhita consists of 4 books and about 10,000 pages. The Hindu god of Astrology is Lord Subramanyan, the son of Lord Siva. Some say that once upon a time, astrology was a very well developed science, but ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
AYYAPPAN. \9!-y'-p'n\, also called Sartavu, or Uesta, in HINDUISM , a deity who is always and at all times celibate,
by K.R. Gupta & Amita Gupta
The festival lasts for 41 days which coincides with Makaravilakku celebrated in Sabarimala Ayyappan temple, which is a great attraction for the people of India and abroad. Maramon convention held every year on the Pumba riverbed is the ...
Bibliography by Karl H. Potter
Ayyappan and P.R.Srinivasa, Story of Buddhism with special reference to South India. Madras 1960 GB573 Edward Conze, A Short History of Buddhism. Volume Three: Religion, Philosophy and Science.
by P. K. Mohanty
Ayyappan is another deity whom they worship, and whose aid they beseech in all 220 Encyclopaedia of Primitive Tribes in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ayyappan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1Y4Y4A1P3P3A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ayyappan to find many related words and phrases!