The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun banner:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun banner
- Definition of the adjective banner
- Phrases with Banner
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Banner
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Banner
- Photos about Banner
- Videos about Banner
- Sign language
- Quotes about Banner
- Scrabble value of B3A1N1N1E1R1
- Anagrams of BANNER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun banner
What does banner mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: banners
- long strip of cloth or paper used for decoration or advertising
- a newspaper headline that runs across the full page
- any distinctive flag
Alternative definition of the noun banner
- A flag or standard used by a military commander, monarch or nation.
- Any large sign, especially if constructed of soft material or fabric.
- A large piece of silk or other cloth, with a device or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in some conspicuous place.
- By extension, a cause or purpose; a campaign or movement.
- [journalism] The title of a newspaper as printed on its front page; the nameplate; masthead.
- [internet, television] A type of advertisement in a web page or on television, usually taking the form of a graphic or animation above or alongside the content. Contrast popup, interstitial.
- [heraldry] The principal standard of a knight.
- A person etc. who bans something.
Definition of the adjective banner
What does banner mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- unusually good; outstanding
- example: a banner year for the company
- similar: superior
Alternative definition of the adjective banner
- Exceptional; very good.
- Banner is a village in Fulton County, Illinois, United States. The population was 149 at the 2000 census.
- Banner a.k.a. Banner, Wyoming: Banner is an unincorporated community in southern Sheridan County, Wyoming, United States. It lies along local roads near Interstate 90, south of the city of Sheridan, the county seat of Sheridan County. Its elevation is 4,580 feet. Although Banner is unincorporated, it had a post office, with the ZIP code of 82832, which closed in 2004. Public education in the community of Banner is provided by Sheridan County School District #2.
- read more about Banner, Wyoming
- Banner a.k.a. Banner, California: Banner is an unincorporated community in San Diego County, California. It lies at an elevation of 2743 feet. It is located on State Highway 78.
- read more about Banner, California
- Banner a.k.a. Banner, Virginia: Banner is an unincorporated community and coal town located in Wise County, Virginia, United States.
- read more about Banner, Virginia
- Banner a.k.a. Banner, Wisconsin: Banner is an unincorporated community located in the town of Forest, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, United States.
- read more about Banner, Wisconsin
There are other places with in their name, like Banner Elk, Aohan Banner, Banner County, Jalaid Banner, Hanggin Banner, Banner Township, Ejin Horo Banner, Heshigten Banner, Evenk Autonomous Banner and Horqin Right Front Banner.
Banner a.k.a. The Banner is a hardcore punk band from Bloomfield, New Jersey.
- read more about The Banner
Banner is a dog actor.
- read more about Banner (film actor)
- Banner is a fictional character from the 1993 film Boiling Point.
- Banner is a fictional character from the 1963 film Stop Train 349.
"Banner" is a musical album of Desperation Band.
- Banner: A banner is a flag or other piece of cloth bearing a symbol, logo, slogan or other message. A flag whose design is the same as the shield in a coat of arms is called a banner of arms.
- also known as 横幅
- banner: The Unix banner program outputs a large ASCII art version of the text that is supplied to it as its program arguments. One use of the command is to create highly visible separator pages for print jobs.
- The banner, in the context of Australian football, is a large crêpe paper and sticky-tape constructed banner made weekly by each team's cheer squad. It is hoisted before the start of every Australian Rules Football game. When hoisted before each game, it reveals an encouraging or celebratory message to the team; then, as the players take to the field, they run through the banner, breaking it. Traditionally, the captain, or a milestone achieving player leads the team when breaking the banner. The banners have become standard at all AFL games.
- Banner is a family name.
Phrases with Banner
Phrases starting with the word Banner:
- Banner Ad
- Banner Goby
- Banner Roll
- banner cloud
- Banner Blenny
- Banner Clubtail
- Banner Lyretail
- Banner blindness
- Banner-Tailed Kangaroo Rat
Phrases ending with the word Banner:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Banner
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alan J. K. Sanders
a banner is a khoshuu; a league is an aimag. Abaganar: Abaganar banner, Xilin Gol ...
A Dictionary of Marketing (2016)
by Charles Doyle
banner ad A graphical advertising unit especially created for use on the *World Wide Web. These have become the dominant form of advertising online. The accepted standard size is 468×60 pixels .
Heinemann First Encyclopedia (2005)
by Heinemann Library (Firm)
see also: American Flag, Flag 'The Star-Spangled Banner" is the national anthem of the United States of America. A national anthem is a nation's official song. It is a symbol for that country. A patriot's poem In 1814, the United States was ...
by William Berry
Banner, or Flag, disveloped or displayed.
by Cori Dusmann
designs, wash them off one layer at a time in a cauldron, and copy them using a blank banner. You can craft lots of patterns, including stripes, borders, shapes, and symbols. Experiment with them and check the wiki for basic recipes.
A Cyclopedic Reference to More Than 7,000 Words, Names, Phrases, and Slang Expressions that Define the Game, Its Heritage, Culture, and Variations by Paul Dickson
banner 1. Syn. of pennant, 2. 1st Use. 1880. (New York Herald, Aug. 30; Edward J. Nichols). 2. A paper or cloth sheet emblazoned with a message from ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Banner
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Banner
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: diongillard
Photo credit: Tigist Sapphire
Created by Grandma and Aunt Michele.
Photo credit: P Pogo
Photo credit: Angela N. Hunt
Poulsbo Viking Fest
Photo credit: taylor.a
Photo credit: rykerstribe
A transmission line within Western's service territory
Photo credit: Western Area Power Admin
Photo credit: Earls37a
- Tupac banner
No rights claimed. Made to honor the artist.
Photo credit: Paal K.
- Vintage Halloween Banner
Photo credit: riptheskull
Photo credit: chrisjtse
- Clap Banner
BANG!! Attention grabbing promotional merchandise? Why yes, thank you. (Item: Clap Banner)
Photo credit: CompleteMerchandise
- New Banner
Photo credit: sukiilou
- SXSW Banner
The SXSW banners are pretty nifty.
Photo credit: WoogyChuck
- Banner familia
Photo credit: biel_bispo
- Banner Bags
Entrepreneurial students Laura Watkins (r) and Sonam Swarup have been given a Top 3 Green City award by the City of Surrey for their Banner Bags project which turns unwanted banners into reusable shopping bags.
Photo credit: SFU - University Communications
- Tradeshow Banner
Photo credit: amandadevries
- Royal Banner
Photo credit: Gurney5
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Banner
Click on an item to play that video:
- David Banner Reveals The Meaning Behind His Goatee and If He Would Consider Cutting It
Parental Advisory: Explicit Content * Jackson, Mississippi rapper/producer/actor/activist, David Banner, sits down with DJ Smallz and reveals the meaning ...
- Ponyscope Banner Explanation
Taurus's good microphone was being repaired. So he had to use a cheaper one. He blames Aries.
- Color War 2013: Banner Explanation - Green Team
- Color War 2013: Banner Explanation - Blue Team
- Color War 2013: Banner Explanation - Yellow Team
- Color War 2013: Banner Explanation - Red Team
- Star- Spangled Banner meaning
Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at...
- Banner Meaning
Video shows what banner means. A flag or standard used by a military commander, monarch or nation.. Any large sign, especially if constructed of soft material ...
- Color War 2014: Banner Explanation - Green Team
- Color War 2014: Banner Explanation - Yellow Team
- Step 6 - Brief explanation on banner formats and target URL.
Brief explanation on banner formats and target URL.
- Color War 2014: Banner Explanation - Blue Team
- Color War 2014: Banner Explanation - Red Team
- 02 23 2009 Blue Star Banner Explanation
- Yam Juniors Banner Explanation
- Flood Wall St Banner And Explanation
- JP 2 Family 09 Banner Explanation
- Showcase | new logo and banner | channel name explanation
- Banner placement demonstration and explanation
- Meaning and Pronunciation of BANNER
- How to make a description banner on GIMP
- Language of Caring at Banner Desert Medical Center
Positive impact on employee engagement, mission and the patient and family experience with the Language of Caring at Banner Desert Medical Center.
See also the pronunciation examples of Banner!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Star Spangled Banner in sign language
9 year old Cheyenne doing the Star Spangled Banner in sign language.
- SFU American Sign Language students sign the Star Spangled Banner
- The Star Spangled Banner (Sign Language)
- Dramatic Interpretation of the Star Spangled Banner in American Sign Language
This video was created on May 16, 2011 when the Dalton Elementary choir sang at the Colorado Rockies game. You can hear in the background the 80 or so ...
- Star Spangled Banner Sign Language Performance Carson Graduation 09'
Mr. Blanks ASL class performs the star spangled Banner in sign language before he retires. Go class of 09 :)
Quotes about Banner
Scrabble value of B3A1N1N1E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BANNER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Banner!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Banner to see it in context!