On this page:
- Definition of the noun Barcelona
- Phrases with Barcelona
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Barcelona
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barcelona
- Photos about Barcelona
- Video language resources about Barcelona
- Quotes about Barcelona
- Scrabble value of B3A1R1C3E1L1O1N1A1
- Anagrams of BARCELONA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Barcelona
What does Barcelona mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a city in northeastern Spain on the Mediterranean; 2nd largest Spanish city and the largest port and commercial center; has been a center for radical political beliefs
- examples: Barcelona is in Spain. | I was born on 23 March 1969 in Barcelona. | Barcelona is the capital city of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain. | We are traveling to Barcelona. | A lot of sport clubs are still burdened by a monumental amount of debt. The worst thing about it, is that some of them are clubs that play a heavy role in leagues; clubs like Barcelona and Chelsea, and others more, are on the list that goes on and on. | I was born in Barcelona on March 23, 1969. | We went to Barcelona. | I need to find a flat to rent in Barcelona. | Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia, and is the second biggest city in Spain. | I won't put a pistol against anybody's chest in order to stay in Barcelona.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: city / metropolis / urban center = a large and densely populated urban area; port = a place (seaport or airport) where people and merchandise can enter or leave a country
- part of: Espana / Kingdom of Spain / Spain = a parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula
Alternative definition of the noun Barcelona
- The capital city of Catalonia (Spain)
Phrases with Barcelona
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Barcelona
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Travel & Tourism (2005)
AS Level for OCR : GCE AS Level Double Award by Hilary Blackman
Barcelona is a modern, cosmopolitan city, but has inherited many centuries of history. Its geographic location and the open character of its inhabitants are the reasons why the city is being culturally enriched all the time. It has a valuable ...
Digital Literacies (2014)
by Nicky Hockly, Gavin Dudeney, Mark Pegrum
Barcelona is a city in Spain. It is the capital city of Catalonia, which is a section of Spain. Barcelona is on the Mediterranean coast. The city is between the rivers ofLlobregat and Besòs, and south ofthe Pyrenees mountains. Barcelona is the ...
Comparative Case Studies of European City-regions by W. G. M. Salet, Andy Thornley, Anton Kreukels
However, the intemationally well-known Barcelona is the city itself, especially since the 1992 Olympic Games. The intemational profile acquired by the city as a resuh of this event increased intemational tourism during the 1990s. Urban tourism ...
A Complete Pronouncing Gazetteer Or Geographical Dictionary of the World Containing Notices of Over One Hundred and Twenty-five Thousand Places ... by Joseph Thomas
Barcelona is the terminus of four railways, and has of late years grown considerably, its N. portion, the new town, being regularly and handsomely built; but in the old town the streets are irregular and narrow. To the E. of the town, and ...
Miscellaneous Series ... (1922)
by United States. Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce
Barcelona is the capital of the State of Anzoategui. It is a trading center with a few importing wholesalers. There are also some retailers who make direct importations. . A fairly good business is transacted with the neighboring cities. Barcelona ...
The Wines of Spain (2006)
by Julian Jeffs
Cataluña'scapital Barcelona is a wonderful city,and the second most important inSpain– thoughthe Catalans would certainly putitfirst. Thereare many excellent restaurants wherethe localwines can be enjoyedtothe full. Anyone exploring ...
Tales from the New Barcelona by Donald McNeill
Here, Barcelona is the defeated city ...
Cinema of Outsiders (1999)
The Rise of American Independent Film by Emanuel Levy
Jokingly described as “Metropolitan meets Where the Boys Are meets Year of Living Dangerously,” Barcelona is a darker, more acidic comedy than Metropolitan, given the terrorist element in the story. Set in the early 1980s, it's a tale of two ...
Encyclopedia of Life Writing (2013)
Autobiographical and Biographical Forms by Margaretta Jolly
Barral, Carlos, Años de penitencia, Madrid: Alianza, 1975 Barral, Carlos, Los años sin excusa, Barcelona: Barral, 1978...
Cuando las horas veloces, Barcelona: Tusquets, 1988 Cela, Camilo José, La cucaña: memorias, Barcelona: Destino, ...
A Guide to Laws and Theorems Named After Economists by Julio Segura, Carlos Rodríguez Braun
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Buchanan 's clubs theory Badenes Pla, Nuria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid. Spain Kaldor-Meade expenditure tax; Tiebout's voting with the feet process; Tullock's trapezoid Barbera, ...
by Jack Cazes
Silvia Lacorte IIQAB-CSIC Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain Anna Rigol University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain INTRODUCTION Monitoring of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the environment has become a subject of concern ...
by James Pustejovsky, Pierrette Bouillon, Hitoshi Isahara, Kyoko Kanzaki, Chungmin Lee
Translation and Language Sciences Department, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain e-mail: [email protected] R. Saurı Voice and Language Group, Barcelona Media, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain e- mail: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barcelona
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Barcelona
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Barcelona
Click on an item to play that video:
- Barcelona Meaning
Video shows what Barcelona means. The capital city of Catalonia (Spain).. Barcelona pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- Gaslight Anthem American slang Barcelona 8 11 2012
- Avatic Abogados participando en el programa de Radio Kanal Barcelona Social Slang
- Oasis-The meaning of soul. Barcelona 13/02/09
- Barcelona Language Study Abroad
Billy Corbett discusses his study abroad experience on Dartmouth's Spanish Language Study Abroad in Barcelona, noting the importance of living with a host ...
- Salsa class and Language Exchange in Barcelona
Sunday 10th of May,Salsa Class and Language Exchange in Barcelona ! Join! more info: ...
- BCN LIP - language school Barcelona
Language school in Barcelona.
- Barcelona - Spatial Awareness and the use of Body Language
Watch how the Barcelona players check their surroundings PRIOR to receiving the ball. They position their bodies so they can turn away from pressure and use ...
- Innovate ELT Barcelona Jaime Miller The Future of Teaching ESL Online a discussion
- Messi amazing magic free kick goal barcelona vs almeria in armenian language 2015
- Barcelona Language Exchange Promo
Promotional advertisement of a facebook group for language exchange in Barcelona.
- New Language Center at La Salle Campus Barcelona
Learn languages and improve your CV. Now, La Salle Campus Barcelona opens its new Language Center. Next September 26th helds a Level Exam for ...
- EF Live The Language Barcelona on Vimeo
- Inclusion in school-age competitions in Barcelona (promotional clip with audio-description)
Eva is 8 years old and plays basketball with her friends in a school team outside school hours. She uses a wheelchair but still plays an active part with the rest of ...
View more videos about FC Barcelona.
See also the pronunciation examples of Barcelona!
Quotes about Barcelona
Scrabble value of B3A1R1C3E1L1O1N1A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BARCELONA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Barcelona!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Barcelona to see it in context!