On this page:
- Definition of the noun Barra
- Phrases with Barra
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Barra
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barra
- Photos about Barra
- Videos about Barra
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of B3A1R1R1A1
- Anagrams of BARRA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Barra
What does Barra mean as a name of something?
Barra is a genus of Anthribidae, described by Jordan in 1904.
- synonym: genus Barra
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Coleoptera
- family: Anthribidae
- species Barra gounellei
Alternative definition of the noun Barra
- [Geordie] A hand-pushed cart of the type commonly used in markets.
- Barra is an island in the Outer Hebrides in Scotland. Apart from the adjacent island of Vatersay, to which it is connected by a causeway, Barra is the southernmost inhabited island of the Outer Hebrides. In 2011 the population was 1,174, almost 100 higher than the 1,078 counted at the time of the 2001 census.
- also known as 巴拉岛
- part of Outer Hebrides
- Barra is a neighborhood located in the south zone of the city of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Barra is one of the most traditional neighborhoods of the city, and is also one of the most popular neighborhoods for tourists, with many attractions, like Farol da Barra Lighthouse, Morro do Cristo Hill, Farol da Barra Beach, and Porto da Barra Beach.
- also known as ברה; בארה, סלבדור; פארול דה בארה
- Barra is an eastern suburb of Naples, southern Italy with a population of some 40,000 inhabitants Barra occupies the easternmost section of the Naples comune's territory, ranging from the sea to the Vesuvio's slopes, bounding with Poggioreale. The area has suffered much the same fate of urban decay as the rest of the eastern periphery of Naples, a fate that includes drugs and entrenched organized crime.
- Barra is the non-traditional name of Niumi, the Gambia.
- also known as Barra, Gambia
- part of Gambia
There are other places with in their name, like La Barra, Barra Head, Barra Funda, Barra Isles, Barra Longa, Barra Mansa, Barra Velha, Barra de Mira, Barra do Ouro, Gougane Barra, barra do piraí, Barra do Turvo, Barra da Tijuca, Barra do Chapéu, Barra do Garças, Barra Do Quaraí, Barra de Navidad, Barra de Santana, São João da Barra and Conceição da Barra.
- Barra a.k.a. Finbarr of Cork: Saint Finbarr or Finnbarr, in Irish Fionnbharra, very often abbreviated to Barra, was Bishop of Cork and abbot of a monastery in what is now the city of Cork, Ireland. He is patron saint of that city and of the Diocese of Cork. His feast day is September 25.
- read more about Finbarr of Cork
- Barra is a musician, musical artist.
- born on (46 years ago)
- read more about Barra (musical artist)
Barra is a venture funded company.
- also known as Barra Inc; Barra, Inc
Barra a.k.a. Giuseppe Barra is a fictional character from the 1972 film Don't Torture a Duckling.
- read more about Giuseppe Barra
"Barra" is a composition, cataloged instance.
Phrases with Barra
Phrases starting with the word Barra:
Phrases ending with the word Barra:
- Genus Barra
- Urbanus Barra
- Achaearanea Barra
- Cryptachaea barra
- Species Urbanus Barra
- Urbanus Carmelita Barra
- Species Achaearanea Barra
- species Cryptachaea barra
- Subspecies Urbanus Carmelita Barra
Other phrase containing the word Barra:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Barra
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Barra Poems by Florence McNeil
Barra is the home of the McNeils. Kisimul Castle, now restored, sits on a rock outcroppping in the bay, appearing to...
Clearing the Bases (2008)
The Greatest Baseball Debates of the Last Century by Allen Barra
Allen Barra is a sports columnist for the Wall Street Journal, the Village Voice, and the New York Sun and is the author of several books, including The Last Coach: A Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant and Big Play: Baira on Football. Bob Costas is a ...
Barra is a pretty island, with its central core of hills and circular road. The western side is almost all beaches. Over 1,000 species of flowers have been recorded. The view over Castlebay from the Madonna and Child statue, on the top of Heaval ...
Costa Rica Alive! (2003)
by Bruce Morris
Barra is the end of the line before the border with Nicaragua. Of the three points of focus for exploring the northern Caribbean area, Barra is by far the most remote, the hardest to get to, and has the most ...
by Tim Burford
Between the ANCAP petrol station and the tourist information centre, the Paseo Real de la Barra is a small group of galleries, including the B&W photographer Roberto Fernández Ibañez (Local 23; Ø 42 602297; ...
Ancient Geography (1835)
As Connected with Chronology, and Preparatory to the Study of Ancient History; Accompanied with an Atlas. Compiled Chiefly from D'Anville, Adam, Lavoisne, Malte Brun, and Other Standard Works. To which are Added Problems on the Globes, and Rules for the Construction of Maps. To Accompany the Modern Geography by William C. Woodbridge by Emma Willard
BAM BARRA is a large and powerful kingdom, bordering on Manding. It is generally fertile, and is remarkable for the shea, or vegetable butter-tree. The inhabitants are a mixture of Moors and Negroes. It appears to be populous, and has a ...
The Outer Hebrides (2010)
by Mike Sullivan, Robert Emmott, Tim Pickering
Barra is a very attractive destination as you can walk on to the ferry with your kayak, set it on the water in Castlebay and reach some superb camping spots within half an hour. It is also the base for Clearwater Paddling, who guide trips in this ...
by Emily Freeman Brown
stranghetta, barra; Sp. barra de compás.) bar number. The sequential number of a bar in a piece. Orchestra scores and parts usually contain bar numbers in order to facilitate rehearsal. They are often placed every ...
by Leslie Stephen, Sir Sidney Lee
| BARRA, LoRD (d. 1654), Scottish judge. See HAY, SIR JoHN.] | BARRALET, JOHN JAMES (d. 1812), | water-colour painter, of French extraction, was born in Ireland.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Barra
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Barra
Click on an item to view that photo:
Salvador de Bahia. Brasil
Photo credit: Ansilta Grizas
Photo credit: Xamanek-san
Photo credit: Gaby /
Foto de Fabio Penna
Photo credit: Fabio Sola Penna
- Rocks near Carn Barra
Photo credit: andreboeni
- Barra San Simon
Barra San Simon, Chiapas.
Panamericana Trek de Kevin Dooley usando Google Street View.
Photo credit: kevin dooley
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Barra
Click on an item to play that video:
- Barra Meaning
Video shows what barra means. A barrow; a hand-pushed cart of the type commonly used in markets.. Barra Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- La Barra Grandes Exitos En Vivo Enganchado CD Completo
Escucha todos nuestros compilados en...
- Enganchado La Barra
- Landing in Barra on the beach - two missed approaches - FlyBe de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
Landing in Barra on the beach - two missed approaches - FlyBe de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter Pilot has to make three attempts to land due to severe ...
- LA BARRA EN COSQUIN ENGANCHADOS
Escucha todos nuestros compilados en...
- BANDA XXI TRULALA LA BARRA GRANDES EXITOS CD ENTERO COMPLETO
Escucha todos nuestros compilados en...
- Barra Airport, Isle of Barra, Scotland
A Birtish Airways scheduled flight lands and takes off from the beach at Barra Airport, Isle of Barra, Outer Hebrides, Scotland in 2007. A unique airport that uses a ...
- LA BARRA EN EL GRAN REX COMPLETO
Todos los sabados de 20 a 24 por America 24 TROPICALISIMA . Canal 2 de cablevision y Multicanal Canal 4 de de Telecentro Canal 719 de Direct tv Desde tu ...
View more videos about Barra Boy.
See also the pronunciation examples of Barra!
Barra Madden Sign Language backround
Scrabble value of B3A1R1R1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine