On this page:
Definition of the noun Basha
What does Basha mean as a name of something?
- [UK military slang] A makeshift shelter made from a single tarpaulin sheet or similar.
- Basha a.k.a. Farman Basha is an Indian powerlifter. Basha represented India at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, United Kingdom. He won a bronze medal at the 2010 Asian Para Games in Guangzhou, China. However, this was later upgraded to a silver medal after Iranian Mustafa Radhi was disqualified due to doping.
- read more about Farman Basha
- Basha a.k.a. Pasha is an actor and stunt performer.
- read more about Pasha (actor)
- Basha is a costume designer.
- profession: Costume designer
- some of the awards:
- Nandi Award for Best Costume Designer - "Subash Chandra Bose"
- Nandi Award for Best Costume Designer - "Pokiri"
- Basha a.k.a. Barbora Brémová is an Olympic Ice Hockey athlete from Slovakia.
- read more about Barbora Brémová
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2006 film Mata.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2010 film Puli.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2007 film Yogi.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2007 film Maisamma IPS.
- Basha is a fictional film character.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 1985 film Aduthathu Albert.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Book of Daniel.
Basha: A Basha is a waterproof canvas or plastic sheet with eyelets or loops on the perimeter, which is used in camping, outdoor, or military situations to act as a shelter, in the form of an impromptu tent and/or groundsheet, usually supported with rope or even bungee cords attached to trees.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Basha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Taking Aim! (2011)
The Business of Being an Artist Today by Marysol Nieves
Regine Basha is an independent curator and ...
Iowa Official Register (1967)
(Basha is an Indian word for house or hut.) Mr. Moershel had served in India as a lieutenant colonel with the Tenth Air Force. There are 500 former China-Burma- India veterans on the Iowa mailing list. National headquarters for this ...
by Anthony Hirst, Michael Silk
A basha is a man of substance; an amir is a person of high moral standing. It is interesting to note that amir, unlike most of these other forms of address, is an Arabic, not a Turkish word. 3 In Upper Egypt, as in much of the Arab world, the Arabic ...
Basha is a term often associated with men who play a masculine or insertive role during sex, whereas shoga have been described as predominantly receptive partners during anal intercourse. Basha is derived from pasha, which means a ...
Official register (1973)
by Iowa. Secretary of State
(Basha is an Indian word for house or hut.) There are more than 500 CBI veterans on the Iowa mailing list. National headquarters for this organization is at the War Memorial Center in Milwaukee, Wise. National reunions are held each year ...
The Old World and Its Ways (1907)
by William Jennings Bryan
The basha is a small one-horse omnibus which will hold four or six small people; it is used as a sort of stage between villages. A large part of the hauling of merchandise is done by men, horses being rarely seen. In fact, in some 28 THE OLD ...
by Florentin Smarandache
Basha PhD Student, Lecturer Assistant Affiliation Computer Science Division Mathematics Department Faculty of Science, Cairo University Giza/ EGYPT Profile BSc in mathematics and computer science from the Faculty of Science, ...
by Robert Elsie
' BASHA,LULZIM BASHA, LULZIM (12 June 1974-). Political figure. Born in Tirana, Lulzim Basha studied law in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and worked for a time for the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
basha;. basher. noun. a makeshift temporary shelter UK, 1961 Originally Assamese for a ®bamboo hut ̄; acquired by the military and now in use among the UK homeless. [S]leeping in self-built shelters, or ®bashas ̄, of birch boughs and ...
by John Glasby
Basha, W. Haque, Z. Naturforsch., 33B, 347 (1978) JULIFLORINE Only small quantities of this alkaloid have so far been obtained from Prosopis juliflora, and neither the empirical formula nor the structure are known.
by William Yates
U-la Basha, s. m. P. A kind of falcon, a hawk. A“; Bashad, v. n. ...
The duke then sent to summon the basha, offering him honourable terms, which the other rejected. Three thousand ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Basha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Basha
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Basha
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of B3A1S1H4A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine