Definition of the noun Basha
What does Basha mean as a name of something?
- [UK military slang] A makeshift shelter made from a single tarpaulin sheet or similar.
- Basha a.k.a. Farman Basha is an Indian powerlifter. Basha represented India at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, United Kingdom. He won a bronze medal at the 2010 Asian Para Games in Guangzhou, China. However, this was later upgraded to a silver medal after Iranian Mustafa Radhi was disqualified due to doping.
- read more about Farman Basha
- Basha a.k.a. Pasha is an actor and stunt performer.
- read more about Pasha (actor)
- Basha is a costume designer.
- profession: Costume designer
- some of the awards:
- Nandi Award for Best Costume Designer - "Subash Chandra Bose"
- Nandi Award for Best Costume Designer - "Pokiri"
- Basha a.k.a. Barbora Brémová is an Olympic Ice Hockey athlete from Slovakia.
- read more about Barbora Brémová
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2006 film Mata.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2010 film Puli.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2007 film Yogi.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2007 film Maisamma IPS.
- Basha is a fictional film character.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 1985 film Aduthathu Albert.
- Basha is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Book of Daniel.
Basha: A Basha is a waterproof canvas or plastic sheet with eyelets or loops on the perimeter, which is used in camping, outdoor, or military situations to act as a shelter, in the form of an impromptu tent and/or groundsheet, usually supported with rope or even bungee cords attached to trees.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Basha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Red Sultan (1894)
A Story of Adventure by James MacLaren Cobban Cobban
Kiamil Basha is a little way behind us with five thousand ...
Present Day Japan (1908)
by Augusta M. Campbell Davidson
A basha is a carriage of European aspect — usually a shabby-looking landau or victoria — which may be hired. The coachman sits on the box in the inevitable blue cotton clothes and mushroom hat, and drives, and the footman, wearing the ...
Official register (1973)
by Iowa. Secretary of State
(Basha is an Indian word for house or hut.) There are more than 500 CBI veterans on the Iowa mailing list. National headquarters for this organization is at the War Memorial Center in Milwaukee, Wise. National reunions are held each year ...
Iowa Official Register (1967)
(Basha is an Indian word for house or hut.) Mr. Moershel had served in India as a lieutenant colonel with the Tenth Air Force. There are 500 former China-Burma- India veterans on the Iowa mailing list. National headquarters for this ...
The Living Age (1921)
The basha is a very different vehicle from ...
Littell's Living Age (1921)
The basha is a very different vehicle from ...
The Ainu Group (1904)
At the Saint Louis Exposition by Frederick Starr
A basha is a queer, little, four-wheeled, covered cart, drawn by two of the small and shaggy Japanese horses. A cross-seat in front serves for the driver, and two lengthwise SHIRAKE, seats within are for passengers, who enter the vehicle i6 ...
by Robert Elsie
' BASHA,LULZIM BASHA, LULZIM (12 June 1974-). Political figure. Born in Tirana, Lulzim Basha studied law in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and worked for a time for the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
basha;. basher. noun. a makeshift temporary shelter UK, 1961 Originally Assamese for a ®bamboo hut ̄; acquired by the military and now in use among the UK homeless. [S]leeping in self-built shelters, or ®bashas ̄, of birch boughs and ...
by William Yates
U-la Basha, s. m. P. A kind of falcon, a hawk. A“; Bashad, v. n. ...
by Noah Webster
pasha, basha;cf. Per.basha, badshah; perh. a corruption of Per. padishah. Cf. Bashaw, Padishah, Shah.] Defn: An honorarytitle givento officersofhigh rank in Turkey, asto governers of provinces, military commanders, etc.
by John Glasby
Basha, W. Haque, Z. Naturforsch., 33B, 347 (1978) JULIFLORINE Only small quantities of this alkaloid have so far been obtained from Prosopis juliflora, and neither the empirical formula nor the structure are known.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Basha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Basha
Click on an item to view that photo:
Tamim Vai Basha, Pabna
Photo credit: Faisal Akram Ether
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Basha
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of B3A1S1H4A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BASHA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Basha!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Basha to see it in context!