On this page:
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bergen
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bergen
- Photos about Bergen
- Videos about Bergen
- Sign language
- Quotes about Bergen
- Scrabble value of B3E1R1G2E1N1
- Anagrams of BERGEN
- Share this page
- Bergen is a city and municipality in Hordaland on the west coast of Norway, on the peninsula of Bergenshalvøyen. The city was established before 1070 AD. Bergen is the administrative centre of Hordaland.
- Bergen is a municipality and a town in the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland. Its North Sea beaches make it a popular destination for tourists. In 2001, the municipality was formed from a merger of the former municipalities of Egmond, Schoorl, and the smaller community of Bergen proper that had existed since 1811.
- Bergen is a town in the north of Celle district on the Lüneburg Heath, in Lower Saxony, Germany. Administratively it acts as a municipal borough divided into 12 subordinate parishes based on the town and its surrounding villages: Becklingen, Belsen, Bergen, Bleckmar, Diesten, Dohnsen, Eversen, Hagen, Hassel, Offen, Sülze and Wardböhmen. Bergen-Belsen concentration camp was located in the area of Belsen.
- Bergen is a town in Genesee County, New York, United States. The town is in the northeast corner of the county. The population was 3,120 at the 2010 census. There is also a village of Bergen in the town.
- Bergen is a municipality in the district of Traunstein in Bavaria, Germany.
- Bergen is a municipality in the Weißenburg-Gunzenhausen district, in Bavaria, Germany.
- Bergen is a city in McHenry County, North Dakota, United States. The population was seven at the 2010 Census. It is part of the Minot Micropolitan Statistical Area. Bergen was founded in 1905 and named after Bergen, Norway.
- Bergen is a village near Neuburg an der Donau, in Neuburg-Schrobenhausen, in Upper Bavaria, in Bavaria. The place is known locally as Baring. It is part of the municipality of Neuburg an der Donau.
- Bergen is a town in Vernon County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,317 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Pleasant Valley is located in the town.
- Bergen is a town in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 641 at the 2010 census. The unincorporated community of Moon is located partially in the town.
- Bergen is a former town in Hesse, Germany. Presently, it is part of Bergen-Enkheim, a borough of Frankfurt. It was the location of the Battle of Bergen.
- Bergen a.k.a. Bergen City, New Jersey: Bergen was a city that existed in Hudson County, New Jersey, United States, from 1855 to 1870.
- read more about Bergen City, New Jersey
There are other places with in their name, like Bergen Park, Vita Bergen, Bergen Beach, Bergen Point, Nieuw-Bergen, North Bergen, Bergen County, Bergen aan Zee, Bergen Township, Bergen auf Rügen, Bergen og omland, Bergen an der Dumme, Bergen landdistrikt, Bouchavesnes-Bergen, University of Bergen, Bergen Community College, North Bergen High School, Bergen Catholic High School.
- Bergen is one of the most successful Turkish singers and a pioneer in the Turkish arabesque genre. When she was 17, she quit her job at a Turkish post office so that she could pursue her dream of performing on stage. Her personal life was influential in her gloomy sound and led to her success. Her husband threw nitric acid on her face resulting in blindness in her right eye. Despite this, she continued singing and chose to cover the blind eye with her long hair. This event added more depth to her songs and resulted in her songs being sung with pain and sorrow. She has been called the "Woman of Pain.
- also known as Belgin Sarılmışer, Acıların kadını
- born on (56 years ago) in Mersin
- nationality: Turkey
- Marriage with Halis Serbes between and (4 years)
- died on (26 years ago) in Pozantı of murder
- genre: Arabesque
- albums: "Son Ağlayışım", "Garibin Çilesi Mezarda Biter", "Giden Gençliğim", "Yıllar Affetmez", "İstemiyorum", "Sevgimin Bedeli", "Onu da Yak Tanrım", "Acıların Kadını", "İnsan Severse", "Kardeşiz Kader", "Şikayetim Var", "En Güzel Eserleriyle Unutulmayan Bergen"
- filmography: "Acıların Kadını"
- official website: www.last.fm/music/Bergen/+images/600585
- Bergen a.k.a. Bergen Williams: Laura Lynn "Bergen" Williams is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Alice Gunderson, the maid for the Quartermaine family, in the ABC daytime soap opera, General Hospital. She appears on the show as of 2001.
- read more about Bergen Williams (actress)
Bergen is a musical group.
- album: "Gegenteil von Stadt"
Bergen is a fictional character from the 2012 film Total Recall.
- "Bergen" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Bergen" a.k.a. "[BERGEN]" is a musical EP of [SEK].
- released on
- "Bergen" is a musical EP of Bömbers.
- "Bergen" is a composition.
- music by Keith Kenniff
- "Bergen" is a 2009 fiction short film written and directed by Andrius Blaževičius.
- country: Lithuania
- language: Lithuanian language
- producers: Skaistė Matijošiūtė & Akvilė Petrauskaitė
- production design by Edita Budryte
- written by Andrius Blaževičius
- cinematography by Audrius Budrys
- edited by Mindaugas Sruogius & Andrius Blaževičius
- music by Domas Strupinskas, Vainius Sodeika
- genre: Drama
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Bergen" is a 1943 documentary short film written and directed by Harry Ivarson.
- Bergen is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Bergen is a surname. Some Mennonite Bergen families immigrated to Russia when Catherine the Great of Russia issued a Manifesto in 1763 inviting all Europeans to come and settle various pieces of land within Russia, especially in the Volga River region.
- Bergen is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bergen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Green Book Magazine (1910)
Hopper and Miss Nella Reardon Bergen were made man and wife. Miss Bergen is a well-known actress and at ...
by Elizabeth Brooker, Mindy Blaise, Susan Edwards
Doris Bergen is a Distinguished Professor of ...
The British Martial Register (1806)
Comprehending a Complete Chronological History of All the Most Celebrated Land Battles, by which the English Standard Has Been Distinguished in the Field of Mars, from the Earliest Periods to the Present Time : Collected, and Regularly Digested from Official Papers in the Possession of the British Government : With Interesting Anecdotes and Biographical Memoirs of Popular Military Officers, who Have Distinguished Themselves Both at Home and Abroad by Roger MacDonald
Bergen is a village which lies between Hanover and Frankfort, about three miles from the latter, and k situated on the river Mayne, in Germany. BATTLE camped within the distance of seven miles from each other. BATTLE OF BERG Elf. 265.
by Charles Durnford, Great Britain. Court of King's Bench, Sir Edward Hyde East
A sentence of condemnation of a British ship (which had been captured by a French privateer and carried into Bergen in Norway) by the French Consul at Bergen is an illegal sentence.— Il after such a sentence the owner repurchase bis ship ...
The Rough Guide to Norway (2009)
by Phil Lee, Rough Guides
Norway's second-largest city, Bergen is a welcoming place with an atmospheric old warehouse quarter, a relic of the days when it was the northernmost port of the Hanseatic trade alliance. It's also – as its tag suggests – a handy springboard ...
With Love (2012)
My Memoir by Arcelia Watson
Bergen is the capital of West Norway; it is the gateway to wonderful fjords. Today Bergen is an important fishing port. A military power during the 17th century, Sweden has notparticipated in a war for almost two centuries. Sweden joined the EU ...
by Jan Sjåvik
Bergen has a maritime climate thanks to the Gulf Stream, which brings warm water across the North Atlantic from the Gulf of Mexico. Bergen is a municipality within Hordaland County and is Norway's second- largest city, ...
New Jersey Encyclopedia (2008)
by Jennifer Herman
Ramsey borough, Bergen County ...
by Katherine Holman
' BERGEN However, the figures of Sineus and Truvor, another so-called brother of Rurik, are probably later literary inventions by the author of the Chronicle, and so Beloozero's connection with Rurik's dynasty is of doubtful historicity.
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 2
BERGEN. 1n .“QJA ' Y' 'r—'rvfiWw-w" , BER- are no fewer than seven hospitals supported in the GAMO- city. The date of the foundation of this city is lost in the obscurity of remote ages ; but it existed under the Romans, and was successively ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
BERGEN, anciently Bergi, a city of Norway, the capital of Bergenhuus. It is the see of a ...
Bergen St. Line. — Leaves Park Row via Brooklyn Bridge, Sands, Adams, Boerum pi., Bergen St., Buffalo av., to Douglass st. Transfers at Sands and Adams for Fulton ferry ; at Concord and Adams sts. to Park, Vanderbilt, Central, and 9th av.
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1902)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
Bergen, so being the owner of said quarter section of land, ...
by Charles E. Orser Jnr
set up an excavation unit in Bergen, with a new generation of archaeologists taking over the fieldwork. In 1994, the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bergen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bergen
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: tomislavmedak
Photo credit: jcorrius
Photo credit: Automatomato
Photo credit: hectorthebat
Photo credit: Ruth and Dave
Photo credit: jcorrius
Photo credit: Dal Lu
Photo credit: hectorthebat
Photo credit: Vele74
Photo credit: jmnter
Photo credit: .ebee.
Photo credit: jcorrius
Photo credit: Hjorthefoto
Photo credit: albertoabouganem
Photo credit: jmnter
Photo credit: airlines470
Photo credit: NatalieMaynor
Photo credit: Tarje Lavik
Photo credit: airlines470
Photo credit: TimOve
Videos about Bergen
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bergen Meaning
Video shows what Bergen means. A port city in Norway. A Catholic diocese named after the above see. Bergen Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 1 Side 1
from the 5-album set "The Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program" 1958 Record 1 Side 1 "50 Functional Words "Acumen to Wry" - played on a Jensen JTA230 ...
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 3 Side 1
from the 5-album set "The Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program" 1958 Record 3 Side 1 "50 Functional Words "Abominate to Vindictive" - played on a Jensen ...
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 5 Side 2
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 3 Side 2
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 1 Side 2
from the 5-album set "The Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program" 1958 Record 1 Side 2 "50 Functional Words "Abject to Vituperation" - played on a Jensen JTA230 ...
- Bergen Logistics Company Explanation Video
This brief company explanation video provides an overview of Bergen Logistics core business offerings, including e-commerce order fulfillment, fashion logistics, ...
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 4 Side 1
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 5 Side 1
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 2 Side 1
from the 5-album set "The Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program" 1958 Record 2 Side 1 "50 Functional Words "Abhor to Vitiated" - played on a Jensen JTA230 ...
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 2 Side 2
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program Record 4 Side 2
Warning- ONE OFFENSIVE WORD on here - "Niggardly" - from the 5-album set "The Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program" 1958 Record 4 Side 2 "50 Functional ...
- Love in Any Language by FANA-Oslo Ladies (Bergen SDA Church)
See also the pronunciation examples of Bergen!
ASL Bergen Sign Language Project
Quotes about Bergen
Scrabble value of B3E1R1G2E1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BERGEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bergen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bergen to see it in context!