- Bergen is the second largest city in Norway with a population of as of August 3, 2011. Bergen is the administrative centre of Hordaland county. Greater Bergen or Bergen Metropolitan Area as defined by Statistics Norway, has a population of as of August 3, 2011. Bergen is located in the county of Hordaland on the south-western coast of Norway.
- Bergen is a village in Genesee County, New York, United States of America.
- also known as Bergen, New York; Genesee County / Bergen village
- Bergen is a city in United States of America, North Dakota, McHenry County.
- also known as Bergen, North Dakota; McHenry County / Bergen city
There are other places with Bergen in their name, like bergen park, Bergen Beach, Bergen Point, nieuw-bergen, North Bergen, Bergen County, Bergen-Belsen, Bergen Op Zoom, bergen township, Bergen Auf Rügen, bergen og omland, Bergen an Der Dumme, bergen landdistrikt, bouchavesnes-bergen, University of Bergen, Bergen Community College, North Bergen High School, Bergen Catholic High School and Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp.
- Bergen is one of the most successful Turkish singers and a pioneer in the Turkish arabesque genre. When she was 17, she quit her job at a Turkish post office so that she could pursue her dream of performing on stage. Her personal life was influential in her gloomy sound and led to her success. Her husband threw nitric acid on her face resulting in blindness in her right eye. Despite this, she continued singing and chose to cover the blind eye with her long hair.
- also known as Belgin Sarılmışer, Acıların kadını
- born on (55 years ago) in Mersin
- nationality: Turkey
- Marriage with Halis Serbes between and (4 years)
- died on (25 years ago) in Pozantı of murder
- genre: Arabesque
- albums: "Son Ağlayışım", "Garibin Çilesi Mezarda Biter", "Giden Gençliğim", "Yıllar Affetmez", "İstemiyorum", "Sevgimin Bedeli", "Onu da Yak Tanrım", "Acıların Kadını", "İnsan Severse", "Kardeşiz Kader", "Şikayetim Var", "En Güzel Eserleriyle Unutulmayan Bergen"
- filmography: "Acıların Kadını"
- official website: www.last.fm/music/Bergen/+images/600585
- Bergen a.k.a. Bergen Williams: Laura Lynn "Bergen" Williams is an American actress. She is best known for playing Alice Gunderson, the maid for the Quartermaine family on the ABC soap opera, General Hospital. She has also made appearances on shows such as NYPD Blue, The Drew Carey Show and 7th Heaven.
Bergen is a musical group.
- album: "Gegenteil von Stadt"
Bergen is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with Bergen in their name, like Edgar Bergen.
- "Bergen" a.k.a. "[BERGEN]" is a musical EP of [SEK].
- released on
- "Bergen" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Bergen" is a musical EP of Bömbers.
- "Bergen" is a composition.
- music by Keith Kenniff
- "Bergen" is a film, written and directed by Andrius Blaževičius.
- country: Lithuania
- language: Lithuanian language
- producers: Skaistė Matijošiūtė & Akvilė Petrauskaitė
- production design by Edita Budryte
- cinematography by Audrius Budrys
- edited by Mindaugas Sruogius & Andrius Blaževičius
- music by Domas Strupinskas, Vainius Sodeika
- genre: Drama
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Bergen" is a short film, written and directed by Harry Ivarson.
- country: Norway
- language: Norwegian Language
- genre: Documentary film
- released on (71 years ago)
- Bergen is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
- Bergen is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bergen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frederick W. Beers
North BERGEN is a postoffice in the northwest corner of the town, containing a church, a store, two manufactories, and about 1 50 inhabitants. STONE CHURCH (p. o.) is in the southeastern portion of the town, on the Lake road, in direct line ...
by Chapman Publishing Company
BERGEN is a prominent M and wealthy farmer of Suffolk County, and a member of an old settled family on Long Island. The beautiful home of our subject , located in the town of Southold, with its trees and flowers, proclaims to the stranger ...
Bergen is a picturesque little city. The houses are mostly. Norway.
From Christiania to Bergen is a favorite excursion. On the Strandefjord is the noted Fayerms Hotel, a great resort for tourists. Bergen (Holdt'a Hotel; Slenna' inavie) is on a, hilly peninsula and isthmus, with handsome high mts. in the background ...
America and Her Problems (2007)
by Paul-Henri-Benjamin Estournelles De Constant, George Raper
The railroad from Christiania to Bergen is a great feat, both materially and financially. One wonders how so small a passenger and freight traffic can pay for such a costly undertaking. Moreover, these are lines that do not follow the great current ...
Official Journal (1901)
by Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America
Business Agent Bergen is a hustler and has plenty of men of the same material in the Local with him. After the meeting there was a smoker held with a very interesting program ...
A new and complete system of universal geography, or, An authentic history and interesting description of the whole world, and its inhabitants : comprehending a copious and entertaining account of all the empires, kingdoms, states, republics, and colonies, of Asia, Africa, America, and Europe... : with faithful accounts of all the new discoveries, that have been made by the most celebrated navigators of various nations... : to which will be subjoined, a useful compendium of astronomy, with remarks on the use of the globes, &c. : the whole concluding with a copious index, upon a plan entirely new, and designed to form a general gazetteer of the world (1822)
by Christopher Kelly
Bergen is a city of considerable antiquity, having been founded in 1070; but being built principally of wood, it has frequently become the prey of the flames. In a conflagration which happened in 1248, eleven churches, and almost the svhole ...
by Charles Durnford, Great Britain. Court of King's Bench, Sir Edward Hyde East
A sentence of condemnation of a British ship (which had been captured by a French privateer and carried into Bergen in Norway) by the French Consul at Bergen is an illegal sentence.— Il after such a sentence the owner repurchase bis ship ...
Place-names of Canada (1898)
by George Johnson
Sir William Van Home mentions Bergen as a singularly inappropriate place- name, being situated in the middle of a great plain of Manitoba, while the original Bergen is a seaport of Norway surrounded by high mountains. Every feature in the ...
With Love (2012)
My Memoir by Arcelia Watson
Bergen is the capital of West Norway; it is the gateway to wonderful fjords. Today Bergen is an important fishing port. A military power during the 17th century, Sweden has notparticipated in a war for almost two centuries. Sweden joined the EU ...
by Doug Stallings
NIGHTLIFE Bergen is a university town, and the thousands of students who live and study here year-round contribute to making the city's nightlife livelier than you might expect in a small town. Most nightspots center on Ole Bulls plass, the ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
BERGEN, anciently Bergi, a city of Norway, the capital of Bergenhuus. It is the see of a ...
by Jan Sjåvik
Bergen has a maritime climate thanks to the Gulf Stream, which brings warm water across the North Atlantic from the Gulf of Mexico. Bergen is a municipality within Hordaland County and is Norway's second- largest city, ...
by Charles E. Orser Jnr
set up an excavation unit in Bergen, with a new generation of archaeologists taking over the fieldwork. In 1994, the ...
by Katherine Holman
' BERGEN However, the figures of Sineus and Truvor, another so-called brother of Rurik, are probably later literary inventions by the author of the Chronicle, and so Beloozero's connection with Rurik's dynasty is of doubtful historicity.
Bergen St. Line. — Leaves Park Row via Brooklyn Bridge, Sands, Adams, Boerum pi., Bergen St., Buffalo av., to Douglass st. Transfers at Sands and Adams for Fulton ferry ; at Concord and Adams sts. to Park, Vanderbilt, Central, and 9th av.
London encyclopaedia; or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature and practical mechanics (1829)
comprising a popular view of the present state of knowledge by Thomas Tegg
BERGEN, anciently Bergi, a city of Norway, the capital of Bergeuhuus. It is the see of a ...
by James Stuart Olson
BERGEN, EDGAR. Edgar Bergen was born on February 16, 1903, in Chicago, Illinois, to Swedish immigrant parents. The family later moved to Iowa to run a dairy farm. A natural-born entertainer, the young Bergen, at age eleven, ordered ...
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1902)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
Bergen, so being the owner of said quarter section of land, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bergen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bergen
Click on an item to view that photo:
Bergen at night. View from Vandrerhjem Montana.
Photo credit: Kamil Porembiński
- Bergen Station
Bergen Station is the main railway station in the city of Bergen, Norway. It is a terminal station on the Bergen Line, and serves trains from Oslo as well as commuter trains from Arna, Voss and Myrdal.
Photo credit: Kamil Porembiński
- Fantoft Church, Bergen, Norway
[Fantoft Church, Bergen, Norway]
[between ca. 1890 and ca. 1900].
1 photomechanical print : photochrom, color.
Title from the Detroit Publishing Co., Catalogue J--foreign section. Detroit, Mich. : Detroit Publishing Company, 1905.
Print no. 7004.
Forms part of: Landscape and marine views of Norway in the Photochrom print collection.
Format: Photochrom prints--Color--1890-1900.
- Bergen Harbour
The Opposite of Bruggen in Bergen, Norway
Photo credit: Matthias Ripp
- Bergen Brygge
Photo credit: anieto2k
- Welcome to Bergen
Photo credit: Anne Worner
- Bryggen in Bergen
The most famous part of Bergen, Norway.
Photo credit: SveterCZE
- Bergen Fish Market
Photo credit: abbilder
- Bergen harbour
Photo credit: anpalacios
- The City of Bergen
Bergen city centre shot from Mount Ulriken. 643 meters above sea level.
Photo credit: fjords
- Bergen Arches
Photo credit: David Pfeffer
- HDR Bergen By Night
HDR taken with the Canon Powershot A570 using the CHDK firmware hack
Photo credit: RostadPhoto
Per Kirkby (b. 1938) - "Bergen" (1989). Permanent outdoor installation in Bergen, Norway.
Photo credit: Bosc d'Anjou
- Somewhere around Bergen
Photo credit: 2benny
View more pictures about Candice Bergen.
Videos about Bergen
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bergen Evans Vocabulary Program
Video Clip from LP Set - Available via EBAY.
- Bergen Logistics Company Explanation Video
This brief company explanation video provides an overview of Bergen Logistics core business offerings, including e-commerce order fulfillment, fashion logistics, pick and pack logistics, and more.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bergen!
Quotes about Bergen
Scrabble value of B3E1R1G2E1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BERGEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bergen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bergen to see it in context!