On this page:
- Definition of the noun berlin
- Phrases with Berlin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Berlin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Berlin
- Photos about Berlin
- Videos about Berlin
- Quotes about Berlin
- Scrabble value of B3E1R1L1I1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun berlin
What does berlin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- berlin: berlins
- Berlin: Berlins
- United States songwriter (born in Russia) who wrote more than 1500 songs and several musical comedies (1888-1989)
- a limousine with a glass partition between the front and back seats
- Berlin is the capital of Germany and one of the 16 states of Germany. With a population of 3.5 million people, Berlin is Germany's largest city. It is the second most populous city proper and the seventh most populous urban area in the European Union. Located in northeastern Germany on the River Spree, it is the center of the Berlin-Brandenburg Metropolitan Region, which has about 4.5 million residents from over 180 nations. Due to its location in the European Plain, Berlin is influenced by a temperate seasonal climate. Around one third of the city's area is composed of forests, parks, gardens, rivers and lakes.
- also known as Land Berlin; Berlin, Germany
- founded in (779 years ago)
- country: Germany
- touristic attractions:
- Neue Kirche, Berlin
- Reichstag dome
- Berlin Cathedral
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Potsdamer Platz
- Pergamon Museum
- French Cathedral, Berlin
- Deutsches Historisches Museum
- Gemäldegalerie, Berlin
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Brandenburg Gate
- Charlottenburg Palace
- Käthe Kollwitz Museum
- Museum für Naturkunde
- Neue Nationalgalerie
- Jewish Museum, Berlin
- Berlin Wall
- Reichstag building
- Fernsehturm Berlin
- Kaufhaus des Westens
- Deutsche Guggenheim
- Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer
- Berlin Zoological Garden
- German Museum of Technology
- official website: www.berlin.de
- Berlin is a city along the Androscoggin River in Coos County in northern New Hampshire, United States. The population was 10,051 at the 2010 census. It includes the village of Cascade. Located on the edge of the White Mountains, the city's boundaries extend into the White Mountain National Forest. Berlin is home to the Moffett House, Northern Forest Heritage Park, the Berlin Fish Hatchery, and the White Mountains Community College, a member of the Community College System of New Hampshire.
- Berlin is a town in Worcester County, Maryland, United States. The population was 4,485 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Salisbury, Maryland-Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Berlin is a borough in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 7,588, reflecting an increase of 1,439 from the 6,149 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 477 from the 5,672 counted in the 1990 Census.
- Berlin is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 19,866 at the 2010 census. It was incorporated in 1785. The geographic center of Connecticut is located in the town. Berlin is residential and industrial, and is served by the Amtrak station of the same name. Berlin also has two hamlets: Kensington and East Berlin.
- Berlin is a city in Green Lake and Waushara counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 5,524 at the 2010 census. Of this, 5,435 were in Green Lake County, and only 89 were in Waushara County. The city is located mostly within the Town of Berlin in Green Lake County, with a small portion extending into the Town of Aurora in Waushara County.
- Berlin a.k.a. Berlín is a municipality in the Usulután department of El Salvador.
- read more about Berlín
- Berlin, a borough located approximately 75 miles southeast of Pittsburgh in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, United States, was laid out in 1784 and incorporated on February 7, 1833. The population was 2,192 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Berlin is a town in Washington County, Vermont, United States, founded in 1763.
- also known as Berlin, Vermont
- part of United States of America, Vermont, Washington County, Washington-3-3 Vermont Representative District, 2002–12
- Berlin is a town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 2,866 at the 2010 census.
- Berlin is a census-designated place located in central Berlin Township, Holmes County, Ohio, United States. It is situated at the junction of U.S. Route 62 and State Route 39.
- Berlin is a town in Rensselaer County, New York, United States. The population was 1,880 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Berlin in Germany, although natives pronounce the name differently, with the accent on the first syllable.
- Berlin is a town in Colquitt County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 551.
- Berlin is a city in LaMoure County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 34 at the 2010 census. Berlin was founded in 1887.
- Berlin is a village in Sangamon County, Illinois, United States. The population was 140 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Springfield, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is also colloquially called "Old Berlin", due to the larger village of New Berlin, Illinois 1.4 miles south.
- Berlin is an unincorporated community in Lewis County, West Virginia, United States, along Hackers Creek.
- Berlin is a train station in Kensington, Connecticut located on the New Haven-Springfield Line and served by Amtrak's Northeast Regional, New Haven – Springfield Shuttle, and the Vermonter. Since the station is for both Kensington and nearby Berlin, it is also known as Kensington-Berlin Amtrak Station. The station was originally built in 1900 by the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad. In 2010, the building was assessed in preparation for a rehabilitation project to address interior water damage and the need to replace the electrical and heating and air conditioning systems. It is also a proposed stop by the Connecticut Department of Transportation for a new commuter service called the New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Commuter Rail Line.
- Berlin is a German civil parish of the municipality of Seedorf, in the district of Segeberg, Schleswig-Holstein. With 500 inhabitants in 2008 it is the most populated settlement of the municipality.
- Berlin is an unincorporated community in Bracken County, Kentucky, 30 miles south of Cincinnati. It was founded in 1830 and has about 400 inhabitants. Berlin is administered by nearby Brooksville, Kentucky.
- Berlin is an unincorporated community in Roger Mills County, Oklahoma, United States. The Berlin Post Office opened September 2, 1896, and closed May 5, 1967. The 1905 Oklahoma Territorial Census gave the population for the town as sixty.
- Berlin is a town in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 945 at the 2010 census. The unincorporated communities of Emmerich and Naugart are located in the town. The unincorporated community of Teagesville is also located partially in the town. The ghost town of Ziegler was also located in the town.
- Berlin is an extinct town in Johnson Township, Clinton County, Indiana in the United States. Platted in 1847 on Indian Prairie near the southeast corner of the township, the town faded during the 19th century and by the early 1900s was "off the map".
- Berlin is a town in Green Lake County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,145 at the 2000 census. The City of Berlin is located mostly within the town.
- Berlin a.k.a. Berlin, Alabama: Berlin is an unincorporated community in Cullman County, Alabama, United States. It is located roughly five miles east of the city of Cullman. The center of Berlin is considered to be at the intersection of U.S. Route 278 and Cullman County Road 747 at Walker's Corner. The Berlin Community Center is located on U.S. Route 278, just west of the crossroads.
- read more about Berlin, Alabama
- Berlin is an unincorporated community in northern Florence Township, Williams County, Ohio, United States. It is one of the places nearest the northwestern corner of Ohio, located less than two miles from Indiana and about six miles from Michigan. It lies along State Route 49, a short distance south of the Ohio Turnpike.
- Berlin a.k.a. Berlin Nightclub is a Venue in Chicago.
- read more about Berlin Nightclub
There are other places with in their name, like West Berlin, Berlin Falls, Berlin Mitte, Berlin Center, Berlin Heights, Bernau bei Berlin, New Berlin Township, Jewish Museum Berlin, Komische Oper Berlin, Neuenhagen bei Berlin, Berlin Charter Township, Free University of Berlin.
Who is Berlin?
Berlin a.k.a. Terri Nunn: Terri Kathleen Nunn, is an American singer and actress. She is best known as the lead vocalist of the new wave/synthpop band Berlin.
- read more about Terri Nunn
Berlin is an American new wave band. The group was formed in Los Angeles in 1978 by John Crawford. Bandmembers included Crawford, Terri Nunn, David Diamond, Ric Olsen, Matt Reid and Rod Learned. Learned left during the first EU tour and was replaced by Rob Brill.
- also known as ベルリン (バンド), Berlin (musikgruppe), Berlin (band), Berlin (musikgrupp), Berlin (grupa muzyczna), Berlin (skupina)
- Carlton Bost (Guitar) since
- Chris Olivas (Percussion) since
- Dave Schulz (Keyboard)
- John Crawford (Bass guitar) between and (9 years)
- Terri Nunn (Vocals) between and (9 years)
- Terri Nunn (Vocals) in
- Terri Nunn (Vocals) between and
- Terri Nunn (Vocals) since
- Toni Childs (Vocals) in
- Micke Hedenby
- Jo Julian
- Matte Marshall
- Janne Lundberg
- Uffe Erlandsson
- Rob Brill between and (5 years)
- genres: Rock music, New Wave, Industrial rock, Synthpop, Dance music, Pop rock, Post-punk
- albums: "Pleasure Victim", "Love Life", "Count Three & Pray", "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Berlin", "Voyeur", "Metro: Greatest Hits", "Dancing in Berlin", "Live: Sacred and Profane", "Master Series: Berlin", "4Play", "Wam Bam Live in Japan", "Sex (I'm A...)", "All The Way In", "[unknown]", "The Metro", "Like Flames", "Information", "Animal", "Take My Breath Away", "Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From "Top Gun")"
- official website: www.berlinpage.com
- "Berlin" is a 1973 album by Lou Reed, his third solo album and the follow-up to Transformer. In 2003, the album was ranked number 344 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, though the magazine had called the album a "disaster" 30 years prior.
- "Berlin" is the seventh album by Art Zoyd, released in 1987 through Cryonic Inc..
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Berlin" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Lou Reed
- "Berlin" is a composition.
- "Berlin" is a composition.
- "Berlin" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by John Watts
- "Berlin" is the 2007 single album by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Berlin" a.k.a. "The Berlin File" is a 2013 South Korean spy thriller written and directed by Ryoo Seung-wan. Ha Jung-woo stars as a North Korean agent in Berlin who is betrayed and cut loose when a weapons deal is exposed. Together with his wife, a translator at the North Korean embassy in Berlin played by Jeon Ji-hyun, they try to escape being purged, with Ryoo Seung-bum and Han Suk-kyu playing North and South Korean operatives on their trail.
- read more about The Berlin File
- "Berlin": A journey in Berlin.
- "Berlin" a.k.a. "The Fall of Berlin": Fall of Berlin – 1945, The Fall of Berlin, or just Berlin is a Soviet propaganda documentary film about the Battle of Berlin, titled in Russian Битва за Берлин 1945 г., literally The Battle for Berlin – 1945. The film was directed by Yuli Raizman and Yelizaveta Svilova.
- read more about The Fall of Berlin
- "Berlin" is a drama film directed by Gô Rijû.
- "Berlin" is a film.
- country: Germany
- language: German Language
- genre: Gay pornography
- released on (14 years ago)
"Berlin" is the name of a sculpture on the Tauentzienstraße in western Berlin, the capital of Germany.
- begun in (31 years ago)
- Berlin: A Berlin carriage was a type of covered four-wheeled travelling carriage with two interior seats. Initially noted for using two chassis rails and having the body suspended from the rails by leather straps, the term continued in use for enclosed formal carriages with two seats after the suspension system changed from leather straps to steel springs.
- Berlin is a 2009 documentary series co-developed by the BBC and the Open University. Written and presented by Matt Frei, the series has three 60-minute episodes, each dealing with a different aspect of the history of Germany's capital city.
- berlin: .berlin is an approved new top level domain. It is a community-based Sponsored top-level domain for Berliners.
- also known as .berlin
- official website: www.dotberlin.de
- Berlin is a musical written by Erik Orton while he was a student at Brigham Young University and debuted at the Franklin S. Harris Fine Arts Center in 1999. Orton also composed the music for Berlin.
- Berlin is a 2013 EP by Australian singer and musician RY X, released on Infectious Music UK.
- genre: Alternative rock
- Berlin is a 2009 play by David Hare, in the form of a 55 minute monologue on Berlin and its history. It was first performed in March 2009 at the Royal National Theatre by the author himself, directed by Stephen Daldry.
Phrases with Berlin
Phrases starting with the word Berlin:
Phrases ending with the word Berlin:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Berlin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Berlin is an international meeting place for people from all over the world.
Investment climate Berlin is the place to be for investors.
by William Francis Rocheleau
Berlin is an important manufacturing city and contains a large beet-sugar factory, automobile plants, glove and button factories, bicycle works, piano and furniture factories, shirt and collar factories and leather and felt works. The city is supplied ...
Startup Capitals (2014)
Discovering the Global Hotspots of Innovation by Zafar Anjum
For serious innovators, Berlin is the place to be as unlike London, startups in Berlin are the main drivers of job creation.
by Witold Gombrowicz
Berlin is a political issue. Berlin is a cultural, economic, or metaphysical issue. But Berlin is also an issue of expoetry, poisonous as a young corpse, rapacious as a young corpse. Let us not forget that beauty belongs to the concealed but ...
Global Cities (2007)
Berlin by Simon Garner
The Berlin environment Berlin is a wide and open city.
The Empire of Time (2014)
Roads to Moscow: Book One by David Wingrove
Berlin is a cosmopolitan place, even in this century. You can find a colony of French Huguenots to the south-west in Martinicken, near the Kleine Tiergarten, or Bohemian Protestants in southern Friedrichstadt. There's a Jewish quarter in ...
The New Berlin (2005)
Memory, Politics, Place by Karen E. Till
Berlin is the chronotope, or space-time formation, through which contemporary dreams of national futures are imagined.
The Sources, Compilation, and Transmission of the Hippiatrica by Anne McCabe
Slater (Berlin and New York, 1986); see Bestiary of ...
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren
Berlin tP. Maiberger. Mainz J. Marbock. Graz J. Milgrom. Jerusalem P. Mommer, Bochum R. Mosis, Mainz H.,P. MiiHer.
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
345¥61, Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. James, C. (1971) ...
by Adele Berlin
Adele Berlin. abbr. Akk. Ala. Am. annot. approx. Arab. 'Arakh. Aram. Ariz. Ark. Assyr. 'A. Z. Bab. Bar. B. B. BCE Beits. Bekh. Ber. Bib. Heb. Bik. B. M. B. Q. c. Calif . CE Chr. Col. Comp(s). Conn. Cor. corr. D.C. Del. Dem. Dn. Dt. Dt. Rab. Eccl. Eccl.
A Dictionary of Popes (2010)
by J N D Kelly, Michael Walsh
Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin SAM Sitzungsberichte der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften (Munich) SBHeid Sitzungsberichte der Heidelberger Akademie der ...
by Stuart Brown, N. J. Fox
Berlin: Akademie Verlag, 1923— . (Referred to by series and volume number.) AG Ariew, Roger, and Daniel Garber, trans. and eds. G. W. Leibniz: Philosophical Essays. Indianapolis, Ind.: Hackett, 1989. Ar Ariew, Roger, ed. G. W. Leibniz and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Berlin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Berlin
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: Ste:W
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: dan_mcweeney
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: justinknabb
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: ALongCat
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: SnippyHolloW
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: Grace Courbis
Photo credit: zeesenboot
Photo credit: Dennis Lam Sweden
Photo credit: lampenlee
Photo credit: Gentleman of Decay
Photo credit: Mika Stetsovski
Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
Photo credit: VV Nincic
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Berlin
Click on an item to play that video:
- Jaco Pastorius live 1979 "Berlin Slang"
Jaco closes his show at the 1979 Berlin Jazz Festival with another version of "Slang".
- The Gaslight Anthem + Dave Hause American Slang live Berlin Columbiahalle
The Gaslight Anthem + Dave Hause American Slang live Berlin Columbiahalle.
- Berlin Meaning
Video shows what Berlin means. The capital city of Germany.. One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the ...
- Calexico 19.11.2010 20 Jahre City Slang Admiralspalast Berlin 1/6
- Berlin Walking Tours guide explanation Germany
Berlin Walking Tours guide explanation Germany.
- Calexico 19.11.2010 20 Jahre City Slang Admiralspalast Berlin 6/6
- East Berlin Meaning
Video shows what East Berlin means. the Soviet sector of Berlin between 1949 and 1990. East Berlin Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Silo: The Meaning of Peace and Nonviolence in the Present Moment (Berlin 2009)
Berlin, Germany, November 11, 2009 At the Tenth World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates that took place November 11, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. After an ...
- Port O'Brien, Stuck On A Boat, Popkomm, City Slang, Postbahnhof, Berlin, 8.10.08
Port O'Brien, Stuck On A Boat, Popkomm, City Slang, Postbahnhof, Berlin, 8.10.08 - BESTE BAND DES ABENDS !!! -
- The Gaslight Anthem - Keepsake / American Slang Live Columbiahalle Berlin 02.11.2012
The Gaslight Anthem - Keepsake / American Slang Live Columbiahalle Berlin 02.11.2012 American Slang feat. Dave Hause.
- The Meaning - Gutta Beatz Juugin (808 Berlin School) (Ambient)
FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD -...
- The meaning of Brahmana (Srila BA Paramadvaiti Maharaj, Berlin 24 dec 2011)
What is a Brahmana? This is very incredible. It's not a title. It's not a white string around your neck. It's not even the Gayatri mantra. What is a Brahmana?
- Calexico 19.11.2010 20 Jahre City Slang Admiralspalast Berlin 4/6
- Medicare Basic Explanation - Berlin & Denys Insurance 800-946-3303
- The Shins - New Slang (Berlin 28/03/2012)
- Calexico 19.11.2010 20 Jahre City Slang Admiralspalast Berlin 3/6
- Calexico 19.11.2010 20 Jahre City Slang Admiralspalast Berlin 5/6
- Leaving Berlin | On English speaking privilege, the meaning of home, and stumbling into history
- Berlin - Live The Language
Berlin - Live The Language 88 Lysia Street take on Berlin. Shot/Edited: Matthew Hemmaty Assistant: Yasmin Jaunbocus Canon 650D/Rebel T4i Music: Magnus ...
- Body Language of PM Narendra Modi at Berlin Says it all ....
A confident Narendra Modi arrives at Berlin Airport ahead of BRICs Summit...
- Techniques Berlin - Machine Language (1987)
Back Issue Vol. 1.
- Sprachenunterricht Berlin | ESL Schools GmbH
- Language Decline and Revival - Simon Ager at the Polyglot Gathering Berlin 2014
In this talk, Simon discusses the reasons why languages decline and die and he looks at how some of them have been revived. He also highlights common ...
- Language Lesson: ALBA Berlin
A pair of teammates, Alex King and Reggie Redding of ALBA Berlin, hold their own German class...
- WUDC Berlin 2013 ESL Final
WUDC Berlin 2013 ESL Final -...
- Language course in Germany: Berlin
During their language study trip to Berlin, Camillo (Italia), Pauline (France) and Thibaud (Switzerland) are exploring the German capital. The Prolog language ...
- EFL Halbfinale Raiffeisen Vikings vs. Berlin Adler Interviews
EFL Halbfinale Raiffeisen Vikings vs. Berlin Adler 41:17 (7:7/17:3/14:0/3:7) 16. Juni 2013 15:00 Uhr, Stadion Hohe Warte Wien Interviews mit Kevin Ramay (QB ...
- Berlin language course 08: Staging: Glasses, ...
A short video produced by teachers of the Berlin language media course 2008: staging foreign languages - producing short videos to learn languages ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Berlin!
Quotes about Berlin
When I went back to visit my native Berlin after World War II, I noticed that the only thing I really remembered from my childhood Berlin days is the shoe store. (Lukas Foss)
more quotes about berlin...
Scrabble value of B3E1R1L1I1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Berlin to see it in context!