Betty appears in the following tongue twister:
- Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter,
put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better.
So 't was better Betty Botter bought some better butter.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun Betty
- Phrases with Betty
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Betty
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Betty
- Photos about Betty
- Videos about Betty
- Sign language
- Quotes about Betty
- Scrabble value of B3E1T1T1Y4
- Anagrams of BETTY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Betty
What does Betty mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: betties
- [slang, slightly pejorative] A hot babe. (Confer w:Betty Page and w:Betty Rubble.)
- Betty a.k.a. Bette Davis: Ruth Elizabeth Davis, known as Bette Davis, was an American actress of film, television and theater. Regarded as one of the greatest actors in world cinema history, she was noted for her willingness to play unsympathetic, sardonic characters and was reputed for her performances in a range of film genres, from contemporary crime melodramas to historical and period films and occasional comedies, although her greatest successes were her roles in romantic dramas.
- read more about Bette Davis (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Lauren Bacall was an American actress known for her distinctive voice and sultry looks. She began her career as a model.
- read more about Lauren Bacall (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Beth Tweddle: Elizabeth "Beth" Kimberly Tweddle MBE is a retired British artistic gymnast. She is the most successful British gymnast, male or female, in the history of the sport. She was the first female gymnast from Great Britain to win a medal at the European Championships, World Championships, and Olympic Games.
- read more about Beth Tweddle
- Betty a.k.a. Betty Sun or Sun Li is a Chinese actress.
- read more about Betty Sun (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Zafira is a Hungarian porn actress and Internet nude model.
- read more about Zafira
- Betty a.k.a. Celia Johnson: Dame Celia Elizabeth Johnson DBE was an English actress.
- read more about Celia Johnson (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Evelyn Brent was an American film and stage actress.
- read more about Evelyn Brent (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Betsy Hassett: Betsy Doon Hassett is an association football player who plays for Manchester City in England and represents New Zealand internationally.
- read more about Betsy Hassett
- Betty a.k.a. Elizabeth Threatt is a model and actress.
- read more about Elizabeth Threatt (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Amy Ziff is an actress and a member of the musical group Betty.
- read more about Amy Ziff
- Betty a.k.a. Alyson Palmer is an actress and a member of the musical group Betty.
- read more about Alyson Palmer
- Betty a.k.a. Elizabeth Logue is the spouse of Andrew Duggan.
- read more about Elizabeth Logue (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Betty Brey: Elizabeth Brey is an American former competition swimmer who represented the United States at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia. Brey swam for the silver medal-winning U.S. team in the preliminary heats of the women's 4x100-meter freestyle relay. She was not eligible to receive a medal under the 1956 Olympic swimming rules, however, because she did not swim in the relay final.
- read more about Betty Brey
- Betty a.k.a. Elizabeth Bryan Allen: Elizabeth Allen was an actress.
- read more about Elizabeth Bryan Allen (actress)
- Betty a.k.a. Biba Binoche is a musical artist, musician.
- also known as Betty Owczarek; Binoche, Biba
- born on (38 years ago)
- read more about Biba Binoche (musical artist)
- Betty a.k.a. Carol Banker is a film crew member.
- read more about Carol Banker
- Betty a.k.a. Elizabeth Kovacs is the daughter of Ernie Kovacs.
- read more about Elizabeth Kovacs
- Betty appeared in the 1992 film The Land of the Deaf.
- Betty is the mother of Manuel Schmiedebach.
- Betty is an alternative rock group from New York City. The group originated in Washington, D.C. and traces its lineage to a birthday party for Dodie Bowers. The band's harmonies and unique lyrics attracted a cult following in the vibrant alternative music scene and among gay/lesbian audiences. A "BETTY Rules" t-shirt, an early marketing item of the band, appears on one of the AIDS quilts.
- also known as Бетти
- genre: Alternative rock
- albums: "Betty3", "Carnival", "Hello, BETTY!", "Kiss My Sticky", "Limboland", "Bright & Dark"
- official website: www.hellobetty.com
- Betty is a musical group.
There are other groups with in their name, like Apple Betty, Go Betty Go, Salon Betty, Church Of Betty, Along Came Betty, Betty Goes Green, Betty's Not A Vitamin, Betty and the Werewolves, Jack Rokka vs. Betty Boo and Pray for the Soul of Betty.
Betty is a dog actor.
- read more about Betty (film actor)
- Betty a.k.a. Betty Suarez: Beatriz U. "Betty" Suarez is a protagonist and heroine of the American comedy-drama series Ugly Betty. She is portrayed by America Ferrera, who won a 2007 Golden Globe and 2007 SAG award for her portrayal of the character, as well as the Outstanding Actress in a Comedy award for the role at the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards and was nominated again in the same category at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. AOL named her one of the 100 Most Memorable Female TV Characters.
- read more about Betty Suarez
- Betty is a fictional character from Indignados.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1995 film The Bridges of Madison County.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1971 film Arhipseftaros.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1967 film Nymfios, anymfeftos.
- Betty is a fictional film character.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1985 film Back to the Future.
- Betty is a fictional character from 1990 film War of the Birds.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 2011 film Collaborator.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1997 film Pasáz.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1978 film Betty Bencong Slebor.
- Betty is a fictional film character.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 2007 film House.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Way, Way Back.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 2005 film Hellraiser: Deader.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1998 film Clockmaker.
- Betty a.k.a. Nurse Betty is a fictional character from the 2007 film Resident Evil: Extinction.
- read more about Nurse Betty
- Betty is a fictional character from Doctor Ray and the Devils.
- Betty a.k.a. Candice Wilmer is a fictional character featured in the television show Heroes. She was portrayed first by Missy Peregrym and once by Rachel Kimsey using the name Michelle. Spellings Candice and Candace are both used in the show, and NBC has made no official confirmation one way or the other. As revealed in the ''Heroes'' web comic Betty, her original name was Betty.
- read more about Candice Wilmer
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1996 film Family Resemblances.
- Betty is a fictional character from the 1995 film Two Much.
There are other characters with in their name, like Betty Jay, Betty Lee, Betty Lou, Betty Sue, Aunt Betty, Betty Ball, Betty Boop, Betty Cole, Betty Ford, Betty Hall, Betty Hill, Betty King, Betty Ross, Betty Tate, Betty Webb, Betty Allen, Betty Brown, Betty Burke, Betty Casey and Betty Jones.
"Betty" is a book by Anneliese Ude-Pestel.
- also known as "Betty: history and art of a child in therapy"
- "Betty" is a French movie directed by Claude Chabrol based on the homonymous novel by Georges Simenon. It was first released in France in 1992.
- also known as Claude Chabrol: Betty
- country: France
- language: French
- producer: Marin Karmitz
- production design by Françoise Benoît-Fresco
- written by Claude Chabrol
- based on a story by Georges Simenon
- Marie Trintignant as Betty Etamble
- Stéphane Audran as Laure
- Jean-François Garreaud as Mario
- Yves Lambrecht as Guy Etamble
- Pierre Vernier as Le médecin
- Christiane Minazzoli as Madame Etamble
- Nathalie Kousnetzoff as Odile
- Pierre Martot as Frédéric
- Yves Verhoeven as Philippe
- Thomas Chabrol as Schwartz
- Henri Attal
- cinematography by Bernard Zitzermann
- edited by Monique Fardoulis
- music by Matthieu Chabrol
- costume design by Christine Guégan
- set decoration by Viellerobe Eric
- genres: Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- released on (22 years ago)
- "Betty" is a 1997 comedy film written and directed by Richard Murphy.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: RD Murphy
- producers: Stephen Gregory, RD Murphy, Cheryl Pollak
- written by RD Murphy
- cinematography by Holly Fink
- edited by Tricia Cooke
- music by Charles Olins
- costume design by Mabelle Bray
- genre: Comedy
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Betty" is a 2009 short film directed by Heather Renee Ayres.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Heather Renee Ayres & Annie Flocco
- executive producer: Craig McKay
- production design by Joy Andrews
- art direction by Laurie Hicks
- written by Ixaac Paul Ackley & Heather Renee Ayres
- cinematography by Sean Porter
- edited by Joe Shapiro
- music by Joseph DeBeasi
- costume design by K.D. Schill
- set decoration by Ben Blankenship
- genre: Drama
- released in (6 years ago)
- official website: www.bettythemovie.com
- "Betty" is the third album by Helmet, released in 1994 on Interscope. The album was highly anticipated by both music critics and fans as a result of the band's success with the previous album, Meantime.
- "Betty" is a song by New Zealand recording artist, Brooke Fraser. Written by Fraser with Jon Foreman and Ben West, and produced by Fraser, the pop rock record centres on a girl who hides behind scars and birthmarks. The song was released on 6 December 2010 as the second single from Fraser's third studio album, Flags. "Betty" received generally positive reviews from critics, and has peaked at number thirty on the New Zealand Singles Chart. The accompanying music video takes place in a flower garden, and features lifelike paper birds.
- "Betty" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Bernard Lavilliers
- "Betty" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Erik Truffaz
- "Betty" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Damien Saez
- "Betty" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by François Hadji-Lazaro
- "Betty" is a musical single of John H. Bieling & John S. MacDonald.
- released in (110 years ago)
- BETTY is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as BETTY waypoint, BETTY fix, fix BETTY, waypoint BETTY
- BETTY is an Aviation waypoint, Geocode.
- Betty: Elizabeth Danielyan, better known as simply Betty, is an Armenian child singer. She represented Armenia in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Malta with her song "People of the Sun".
- Betty is an Edwardian musical comedy in three acts, with a book by Frederick Lonsdale and Gladys Unger, music by Paul Rubens and Ernest Steffan, and lyrics by Adrian Ross and Rubens. It was first produced at the Prince's Theatre in Manchester, opening on December 24, 1914, then at Daly's Theatre in London, managed by George Edwardes, opening on April 24, 1915 and running for 391 performances. It also played at the Globe Theater in New York, opening on October 3, 1916. The show then enjoyed various tours and revivals. Gabrielle Ray joined the cast in 1915 as Estelle.
- Betty is a Canadian comic strip written by Gary Delainey and drawn by Gerry Rasmussen. The comic is distributed by United Features Syndicate.
Phrases with Betty
Phrases starting with the word Betty:
Phrases ending with the word Betty:
Other phrase containing the word Betty:
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Betty
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Irreverent Guide to Advancing Your Career
Being Betty means we are prepared to organize a walkout, boycott, protest at the drop of a hat, even lose our jobs in order to draw attention to the issue of salary disparity. Being Betty means that we use facts about our actual performance on ...
Revelation as Testimony (2014)
A Philosophical-Theological Study by Mats Wahlberg
The sentence “Betty is an angel” is metaphorical, but it expresses — if the reference of“Betty” is fixed by the context of...
“Betty is an angel,” therefore, expresses a proposition, probably the same proposition that is expressed by “ Betty is a very ...
by Alessandro Torza
Neither Adam nor Betty is a professor. Everybody in the audience is a professor. Somebody in the audience is a professor. Nobody in the audience is a professor. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. The founders of modern logic, Gottlob Frege and Bertrand Russell, ...
by Carole Hough
A Handy Betty is a Dumfries-shire word for a plate-warmer, whereas a Tidy Betty is an ash-pan. McClure (2011b) also notes that jack and jill have been in use as prototypical names for ordinary men and women since at least the fifteenth ...
Tune In to Wow Leadership (2015)
10 Lessons Learned from America's Favorite Shows by Sheri Staak
The awkward but lovable and hardworking Betty Suarez from thecomedy Ugly Betty is a true original. Inadditionto being young, naive, and inexperienced, Betty has absolutely nosense of fashion or style, frequentlywearing bold colors, ...
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
The Betty Crocker character was created in 1921 to answer consumers' cooking questions. Many cookbooks have since been published under the Betty General Motors Corporation Olds Motor Works was one ...
An Encyclopedia by Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh
BETTY AND VERONICA. Owned by the Archie Comics publishing company, Betty and Veronica are characters in several titles aimed at young comic book readers. Peren- nial teenagers, Betty and Veronica have become icons of femininity, ...
Encyclopedia of Toxicology (2005)
by Bruce Anderson, Ann de Peyster, Shayne C. Gad, P.J. Bert Hakkinen, Michael Kamrin, Betty Locey, Harihara M. Mehendale, Carey Pope, Lee Shugart
Bert Hakkinen, Michael Kamrin, Betty Locey, Harihara M. Mehendale, Carey Pope, Lee Shugart. Benzene. Hexachloride,. Mixed. Isomers. Madhusudan G. Soni BurdockGroup, Vero Beach ...
Social, Cultural, and Historical Perspectives by Scott C. Martin
After 2000, the Betty Ford Center continued to add programs and to expand its campus. The Professional Recovery Program was initiated for health care professionals who are dealing with personal addiction issues, and residential facilities ...
An Encyclopedia by Melitta Weiss Adamson, Francine Segan
The popular nickname, Betty, ...
by Leslie A. Heaphy, Mel Anthony May
Luna, Betty–OF/P Marrero, Mirta —P ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Betty
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Betty
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: hildgrim
Photo credit: Karen_O'D
Photo credit: Acétine Photos
Photo credit: Christine Cowen
Photo credit: SharonaGott
Hope Memorial Garden
Photo credit: byzantiumbooks
Photo credit: Daniel Pink
- Betty Banzai
Photo credit: sk8geek
- "Betty Fry"
Photo credit: Ted Van Pelt
- Betty the French Bulldog
Photo credit: ChuckThePhotographer
- Betty Boots
Photo credit: Sean Davis
- Blue Betty
Photo credit: jabberwocky381
- Betty Stuermer
Photo credit: we-make-money-not-art
- Princess Betty
That is snot on her face.
Photo credit: Dano
- Betty and Deb
Near Tramwell Woods, February 1985
Photo credit: Akuppa
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Betty
Click on an item to play that video:
- Body Slang - Betty Wright
"Ooh the way you walking you might as well be talking in BODY SLANG!" Betty Wright. Body Slang.
- Betty Meaning
Video shows what betty means. An attractive woman; a babe.. A short bar used by thieves to wrench doors open; a jemmy.. A man who interferes with the duties ...
- Betty's Meaning of Christmas
Betty's meaning of Christmas.
- DIALECT CHALLENGE | The mind of Betty feat. Intermediate Foundation
Canale Intermediate Foundation...
- INERTIA MR BETTY CROCKA CHECKS IN AT DEFINITION DJS
- BETTY VITTORI con FELICE COSMO - "THE MEANING" - PIANO B FESTIVAL 2013
BETTY VITTORI con FELICE COSMO - "THE MEANING" (Vittori) PIANO B - FESTIVAL PIANISTICO NON CONVENZIONALE Una produzione MerendineMusica ...
- Prozac feat. Betty (of Slang Alcedo) - The New Time
taken from Prozac's album, 'War Devastation' recorded at studio Nemesis, Kavala, Greece, August 2005. Produced by Prozac & Tasos Karapapazoglou.
- 11/30/15 Alex and Betty talk about the meaning of Christmas from the Grinch
11/30/15 Alex and Betty talk about the meaning of Christmas from the Grinch.
- Mind your language with Wordmaster and Betty Kyalo
Mind your language with Wordmaster and Betty Kyalo Watch KTN Streaming LIVE from Kenya 24/7 on...
- New exhibit at Betty Brinn Children's Museum focuses on language skills
- Betty Little Plume - Lesson #1 - TIME - Blackfoot Language Lessons
- ESL 111A Tongue Twister: Betty Botter's Better Batter
- Education Book Review: NTC's English Idioms Dictionary by Richard Spears, Betty Kirkpatrick
See also the pronunciation examples of Betty!
"Ty's Ugly Boots" Performed in American Sign Language(ASL) by Betty Cabbage.
"Ty's Ugly Boots" Performed in American Sign Language(ASL) by Betty Cabbage. This is ASL class in Bucheon, South Korea.
Quotes about Betty
Scrabble value of B3E1T1T1Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BETTY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Betty!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Betty to see it in context!