Beyond the Clouds
On this page:
- "Beyond the Clouds" is a 1995 Italian-French-German romance film directed by Michelangelo Antonioni and Wim Wenders and starring John Malkovich, Sophie Marceau, Vincent Perez, Irène Jacob, and Jean Reno. The film consists of four stories of romantic love and illusion told from the perspective of a wandering film director. In the first story, two beautiful young lovers are unable to consummate their passion because the young man desires impossible perfection. In the second story, the director follows a woman who reveals that she murdered her father. In the third story, a man makes an effort to appease both his wife and his mistress. In the fourth story, a young man is romantically infatuated with a woman who is soon to enter a convent.
- also known as Al di la delle nuvole, Al di là delle nuvole
- countries: Italy, France, Germany
- languages: English Language, Italian Language, French
- directors: Michelangelo Antonioni & Wim Wenders
- producers: Stephane Tchalgadjieff & Philippe Carcassonne
- executive producers: Brigitte Faure, Danièle Gégauff, Pierre Roitfeld
- production design by Thierry Flamand
- art direction by Thierry Flamand
- written by Michelangelo Antonioni, Soheil Ghodsy, Tonino Guerra, Francesco Marcucci, Wim Wenders
- based on "That bowling alley on the Tiber" by Michelangelo Antonioni
- John Malkovich as The Director
- Sophie Marceau as The Girl #1
- Vincent Pérez as Niccolo
- Peter Weller as Husband
- Jean Reno as Carlo
- Irène Jacob as The Girl #2
- Fanny Ardant as Patricia
- Chiara Caselli as Mistress
- Kim Rossi Stuart as Silvano
- Inés Sastre as Carmen
- Marcello Mastroianni as The Man of All Vices
- Jeanne Moreau as Friend
- Enrica Antonioni as Boutique Manager
- Carine Angeli
- Alessandra Bonarotta
- casting by Nathalie Cheron
- cinematography by Alfio Contini & Robby Müller
- edited by Peter Przygodda, Michelangelo Antonioni, Lucian Segura
- music by Bono, Van Morrison, Adam Clayton, Laurent Petitgand
- costume design by Esther Walz
- set decoration by Denis Barbier & Marie-Noëlle Giraud
- genres: Romance Film, Drama, Anthology film
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Beyond the Clouds" a.k.a. "Badal Paree" is a 2001 Nepali film directed by Ugyen Chhopel.
- read more about Badal Paree
- "Beyond the Clouds" is a 2000 short documentary film directed by Lee Phillips.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Beyond the Clouds" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Beyond the Clouds" is a musical album of Kondor.
- released on
- "Beyond the Clouds" is a musical single of Franck Ash.
- released on (11 years ago)
Beyond the Clouds a.k.a. The Full Sun is a 2014 South Korean television series starring Yoon Kye-sang, Han Ji-hye and Cho Jin-woong. It aired on KBS2 from February 17 to April 14, 2014 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
- read more about The Full Sun
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Beyond the Clouds
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
earliest name invented to express the Infinite ; not the Infinite as the result of a long process of abstract reasoning, but the visible Infinite, visible by the naked eye, the endless expanse, beyond the earth, beyond the clouds, beyond the sky.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Beyond the Clouds
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Beyond the Clouds
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Beyond the Clouds
At silent midnight
A continual frost of wisdom
Beyond the clouds
More joy in heaven
Girl on a bridge
With tears in her eyes
In the mirror of water
In high grass
(With Benedicte Gauthier) . (Nicolas Grenier)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Beyond the Clouds to see it in context!