On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun blue ridge
What does blue ridge mean as a name of something?
- a range of the Appalachians extending from southern Pennsylvania to northern Georgia
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of Blue Ridge: Blue Ridge Mountains
- instance of: chain / chain of mountains / mountain chain / mountain range / range / range of mountains = a series of hills or mountains
- part of: N.C. / NC / North Carolina / Old North State / Tar Heel State = a state in southeastern United States; Keystone State / PA / Pa. / Pennsylvania = a Mid-Atlantic state; Old Dominion / Old Dominion State / VA / Va. / Virginia = a state in the eastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies; Appalachian Mountains / Appalachians = a mountain range in the eastern United States extending from Quebec to the Gulf of Mexico
"Blue Ridge" is a 2010 drama film set in the rural Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Written and directed by Vince Sweeney. Starring Sean Gullette as the trailer park landlord, Mr. Johnston, Eric Sweeney, as J.T., and Audra Glyn Smith as Sara, with a lot of other interesting small roles.
- also known as The Trailer Park
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Vincent Sweeney
- producer: Vincent Sweeney
- executive producers: Todd Slater & Kerry Finlayson
- production design by Lenual Mukai
- art direction by Jennifer Hutchins
- written by Vincent Sweeney
- Eric Sweeney as J.T.
- Sean Gullette as Mr. Johnston
- Audra Glyn Smith as Sara
- Beverly Amsler as Female Cop
- Andrew Arico as Mr. Moore
- Paul F Collins as Adam
- Anthony Dooley Jr. as Naked Male Prostitute
- Marlow Ferguson as Mr. Stanley
- Taylor August Freeman as Brad
- Jessica Gardner as Waitress
- Carmella Gioio as Angel
- Camille Hodges as Tall woman
- Mike Johnson as African American man
- Bo Keister as Kyle
- Curtis Lauterbach as Man with electric throat
- Hans David Moore as Kit
- Jean-Paul Pare as Mr. Gruber
- James Norman Poff as Jimmy
- John R. Price II as Knife salesman
- Ellie St. John as Mrs. Johnston
- Scott Strasbaugh as Store Clerk
- Denise Sweeney as Cashier
- Abby Temeles as Danielle
- casting by Shannon Cain
- cinematography by John Paul Clark & Jayson Crothers
- music by Andrew Barkan
- costume design by Anna Prisekin
- genre: Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
Phrases with Blue Ridge
- Blue Ridge Sedge
- Blue Ridge Sculpin
- Blue Ridge Catchfly
- Blue Ridge Skullcap
- Blue ridge blueberry
- Blue Ridge Goldenrod
- Blue Ridge Horsebalm
- blue ridge mountains
- Blue Ridge Wakerobin
- Blue Ridge Bittercress
- Blue Ridge Springsnail
- Blue Ridge Stygobromid
- Blue Ridge Carrionflower
- Blue Ridge St. Johnswort
- Blue Ridge Carrion-Flower
- Blue Ridge Red Salamander
- Blue Ridge Dusky Salamander
- Blue Ridge Mountain Amphipod
- Blue Ridge Spring Salamander
- Blue Ridge Two-Lined Salamander
View more phrases with Blue Ridge in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Blue Ridge
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 16: Sports and Recreation by Harvey H. Jackson III
Blue Ridge Parkway The most popular unit within the U.S. National Park Service system, the Blue Ridge Parkway annually records more than 16 million visitors. The focal point of this linear park is a 469-mile stretch of two-lane, landscaped ...
Bowhunter's Encyclopedia (1992)
by Dwight R. Schuh
The Blue Ridge divides Virginia into two general hunting regions ...
called Blue Ridge sh .] tBlue Ridge sandstone. Silurian and Ordovician: Northeastern West Virginia and adjacent parts of Virginia and Maryland. A. Keith and II. R. Geiger, lsill ((ieol.
The Encyclopedia of Middle East Wars: The United States in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Conflicts [5 volumes] (2010)
The United States in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Conflicts by Spencer C. Tucker
The USS Blue Ridge, the only amphibious command ship in Operation deSerT STorM. Amphibious command ships provide logistical and combat support. (U.S. Department of Defense) British antiwar protesters carrying “NO” banners and ...
The Edinburgh encyclopaedia (1832)
by Sir David Brewster
The Blue Ridge we have traced beyond the Hudson towards St. Lawrence basinj we now pursue its range in the opposite direction. Nearly parallel, and with a very narrow intervening valley, the Blue Ridge ranges with the South East ...
by Donald Ricky
Thence, along the Blue Ridge to the Unicoy Turnpike Road; thence, by a straight line, to the nearest main source of the Chestatee; thence, along its main channel, to the Chatahouchce; and thence to the Creek boundary; it being understood ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Blue Ridge
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Blue Ridge
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Blue Ridge
Photo credit: TranceMist
- Blue Ridge
The view of the Blue Ridge Mountains from the western side, in Nelson County, north of Lovingston and near the Tye River.
Photo credit: Waldo Jaquith
- Blue Ridge
Photo credit: Sharib4rd
- Blue Ridge
Nowhere near Virginia, but it's a ridge and the sky is blue
Photo credit: Dan_Trew
- Blue Ridge
Photo credit: m01229
- Blue Ridge
View from the Blue Ridge Parkway, VA.
Photo credit: Ethan.K
- Blue ridge
Photo credit: Machiel van Zanten
- Blue Ridge Reservoir
The Blue Ridge Reservoir from Forest Road 751, in the Coconino National Forest, Central Arizona. (Explore)
View On Black
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Blue Ridge Waterfall
Blue Ridge Waterfall
This is the Low Res Version.
View the High Resolution Image at...
Photo credit: ForestWander.com
- Blue Ridge Tunnel
Photo credit: katesheets
- Blue Ridge Haze
Photo credit: basheertome
- Blue Ridge Sunset
Photo credit: valkrye131
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Blue Ridge
Rotary Club of Blue Ridge Dictionary Project
See also the pronunciation examples of Blue Ridge!
Anagrams of BLUE RIDGE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Blue Ridge!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Blue Ridge to see it in context!