On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bock
What does bock mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bocks
- a very strong lager traditionally brewed in the fall and aged through the winter for consumption in the spring
- Bock is a strong lager of German origin. Several substyles exist, including maibock, a paler, more hopped version generally made for consumption at spring festivals; doppelbock, a stronger and maltier version; and eisbock, a much stronger version made by partially freezing the beer and removing the ice that forms.
- also known as Starkbier
- Bock is a beer style category.
- Bock is a beer.
- Bock a.k.a. Jerry Bock: Jerrold Lewis "Jerry" Bock was an American musical theater composer. He received the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama with Sheldon Harnick for their 1959 musical Fiorello! and the Tony Award for Best Composer and Lyricist for the 1964 musical Fiddler on the Roof with Harnick.
- read more about Jerry Bock (composer)
- Bock: Fernando Jorge Tavares de Oliveira, commonly known as Bock, is a Portuguese footballer who plays for Rebordosa AC as a striker.
- born on (40 years ago) in Vila Nova de Gaia
Bock is a musical group.
- albums: "EP", "...Sólo rock and roll"
- official website: www.bockandroll.cl
Bock is a fictional character from the 1980 film Die Laughing.
- The Bock is a promontory in the north-eastern corner of Luxembourg City's old historical district. Offering a natural fortification, its rocky cliffs tower above the River Alzette which surrounds it on three sides. It was here that Count Siegfried built his Castle of Lucilinburhuc in 963, providing a basis for the development of the town which became Luxembourg. Over the centuries, the Bock and the surrounding defences were reinforced, attacked and rebuilt time and time again as the armies of the Burgundians, Habsburgs, Spaniards, Prussians and French vied for victory over one of Europe's most strategic strongholds, the Fortress of Luxembourg. Warring did not stop until the Treaty of London was signed in 1867, calling for the demolition of the fortifications. Ruins of the old castle and the vast underground system of passages and galleries known as the casemates continue to be a major tourist attraction.
- Bock is a city in Mille Lacs County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 106 at the 2010 census.
- Bock: Variants of the bock, a type of bagpipe, were played in Central Europe in what are the modern states of Austria, Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. The tradition of playing the instrument endured into the 20th century, primarily in the Blata, Chodsko, and Egerland regions of Bohemia, and among the Sorbs of Saxony. The name "Bock" refers to the use of goatskins in constructing the bag, similar to the common use of other goat-terms for bagpipes in other nations, such as the French cabrette.
- Bock is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Bock
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
EBEB 2014 by Adriano Polpo de Campos, Francisco Louzada Neto, Laura Ramos Rifo, Julio Michael Stern, Marcelo Lauretto
Jasper De Bock is a PhD Fellow of the Research Foundation Flanders and wishes to ...
Perspectives on Biodiversity (1999)
Valuing Its Role in an Everchanging World by Committee on Noneconomic and Economic Value of Biodiversity, Commission on Life Sciences, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council
and colleague, Jane Bock, were directors of the Appleton-Whittell Research Ranch, a sanctuary of the National Audubon Society in the grasslands of southeastern Arizona. Dr. Bock is a fellow of the American Ornithologists' Union, former ...
Doctors in Films by Brian Glasser
Bock is the film's hook – the protagonist whose story 130 Mirror, mirror, on the ...
The whole bock is an allegory wiiere China is the "slave" and Japan ...
Shadows Cast Before (2005)
An Anthology of Prophecies and Presentiments by Claud Field
The Bock is a wooded eminence near Fader born, where an inn was built. To obtain a fine view from the inn, the wood was lately cut through, and thus the buildings have become visible from Neuhaus, The village, or " dorf," is a newly founded ...
Site Automation (2016)
by Thomas Bock, Thomas Linner, Christos Georgoulas
Thomas Bock is a professor in building realization and robotics at ...
The Encyclopedia of Beer (2014)
The Beer Lover's Bible - A Complete Reference To Beer Styles, Brewing Methods, Ingredients, Festivals, Traditions, And More) by Christine P. Rhodes
Today bock beer islager beerand is required byGerman law tohave an original gravity of16/1.066 andan alcohol content of6.6 percent by volume. It also mustbe brewed only from maltedbarley. The style originally included afair percentage of ...
by James C. Bradford
Bock,. Field. Marshal. Fedor. Von. (1880-. 1945). was born in Kuestrin, Germany ( today Polish Kostrzyn), to a Prussian army family with maternal ties to the war minister, Gen. Erich von Falkenhayn. Bock was commissioned in the Fifth Guards ...
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
omposer Jerry Bock and lyricistSheldonHarnickhadtheir greatest success with the musical Fiddler on the Roof, which ran for nearly eight years on Broadway. Working together from 1956 until 1970, the songwriters wrote seven finely crafted ...
by Marcus Baker
Bock; creek, tributary to Slate creek from the south, Seward peninsula. Name from Barnard, 1000. Bock; creek, 8 miles north of Nome, Seward peninsula, tributary to Snake river from the east, ...
Encyclopaedia of Brewing (2013)
Bock is a style of beer which has its origin in Germany. Books are strong bottomfermented lagers (5—10% abv or greater) with colours ranging from pale through golden to dark. The beers are lightly hopped and they have sweet malty and very ...
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
Born into an old noble Prussian family at Küstrin, Germany, on December 3, 1880 , Fedor von Bock joined the army in 1898.
by Christian Ludwig
Bock (der) das männlein, ...
by Binh Nguyen
html bock Bootstrap−only compiler kit for a subset of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bock
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ilf_
Photo credit: Cea.
Photo credit: marfis75
- Null Bock
Photo credit: JOP-76
- Bock Rock
Photo credit: luxpim
- Casemate Bock
Luxembourg City - Luxembourg
Photo credit: Gabi Agu
- Part of Casemate Bock
Luxembourg City - Luxembourg
Photo credit: Gabi Agu
- Otto Bock
camera: Canon EOS 5
lens: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
film: KODAK Professional Portra 160
exposure compensation: +/- 0 EV
filter: HOYA HMC Circular Polarizer
film development: Color Drack
scan: CanoScan 9000F with SilverFast SE
Photo credit: lennox_mcdough
- Sous Bock has quite a list
Too bad they're not overall better options
Photo credit: craigemorsels
- Adolf Bock - A Sailing Ship in the Sunset
Photo credit: irinaraquel
- Shiner Bock
Photo credit: channone
- Double Bock
Photo credit: SimonDoggett
- Bock Casemates
Tunnels running through the original city fortifications
Photo credit: JenXer
- Narragansett Bock
Photo credit: walknboston
- Super Bock
Photo credit: [email protected]
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Bock
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bock Meaning
Video shows what bock means. A strong dark beer brewed in the fall and aged through the winter for spring consumption.. bock pronunciation. How to ...
- Bock Saga - Root Language (by Jim Chesnar)
One of the three video with Jim Chesner, who tell the Bock Saga. Part 1 - Root Language. Recorded by Alexander "Sasha" Popov in Vagator, GOA, India ...
View more videos about John Bock.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bock!
Quotes about Bock
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'bock"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of B3O1C3K5
The value of this 4-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bock to see it in context!