On this page:
- Definition of the noun bombardier
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Bombardier
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bombardier
- Photos about Bombardier
- Video language resources about Bombardier
- Scrabble value of B3O1M3B3A1R1D2I1E1R1
- Anagrams of BOMBARDIER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun bombardier
What does bombardier mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: bombardiers
- a noncommissioned officer in the British artillery
- the member of a bomber crew responsible for using the bombsight and releasing the bombs on the target
Alternative definition of the noun bombardier
- [North America] A bomber crew member who sights and releases bombs.
- [Canada, Britain] a non-commissioned officer rank in artillery, equivalent to corporal. Abbreviated Bdr.
- An artilleryman; a gunner.
- [entomology] A bombardier beetle.
"Bombardier" is a 1943 film war drama about the training program for bombardiers of the United States Army Air Forces. The film stars Pat O'Brien and Randolph Scott. Bombardier was nominated for an Academy Award in 1944 for the special effects used in the film. It was largely filmed at Kirtland Army Air Field, New Mexico.
- also known as Ohne Rücksicht auf Verluste, 19 stormo bombardieri, Bombardero, Bombarders, Bombe-eskadrille B-19, Bomber över Tokio, Iptamenoi mahites
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Richard Wallace
- producer: Robert Fellows
- art direction by Albert S. D'Agostino & Alfred Herman
- written by John Twist
- based on a story by John Twist & Martin Rackin
- Pat O'Brien as Maj. Chick Davis
- Randolph Scott as Capt. Buck Oliver
- Anne Shirley as Burton Hughes
- Eddie Albert as Tom Hughes
- Walter Reed as Jim Carter
- Robert Ryan as Joe Connors
- Barton MacLane as Sgt. Archie Dixon
- Leonard Strong as Japanese Officer
- Richard Martin as Chito Jose Gonzalez Bustamante Rafferty
- Russell Wade as Paul Harris
- James Newill as Capt. Rand
- John Miljan as Chaplain Charlie Craig
- Charles Russell as Instructor
- cinematography by Nicholas Musuraca & Joseph F. Biroc
- edited by Robert Wise
- music by Roy Webb
- costume design by Renié
- set decoration by Claude E. Carpenter & Darrell Silvera
- genres: War film, Action Film, Propaganda film, Combat Films, Drama
- subjects: Aviation, World War II
- released on (72 years ago)
- award: - Academy Award for Best Visual Effects nomination for Roy Granville, Vernon L. Walker, James G. Stewart
- Bombardier is a fictional character from the 1999 film South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut.
- Bombardier is a fictional character from the 1943 film Air Force.
Who is Bombardier?
Bombardier: The 13th Hour is a music artist.
- also known as The 13th Hour, Jason Snell
- read more about Bombardier (musical artist)
Bombardier is an award-winning TV program.
- award: - Prix Gémeaux, received by Jacques Savoie
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Bombardier
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Business Realities at the Technological Frontier by Dean C. Roberts
Bombardier is a Canadian company, and the creation of it as a civil aircraft business is interesting.3 Bombardier is different from other incumbents because it was created via a company-acquisition strategy. The process started ...
by World Trade Organization
This does not make sense, as Bombardier is an interested party in both the commercial and officially supported transactions.
Inside and Out (2017)
Universities and Education for Sustainable Development by Robert Forrant, Linda Silka
MARY BOMBARDIER is the Director of Community Partnerships for Social Change at Hampshire College, the communitybased program for students and faculty engaged in collaborative research projects, social action, and community ...
Bombardier is a leading world manufacturer of highspeed trains, with some 70,000 employees in 43 countries, and companies spread across the globe. It achieved global sales of US$15.8bn in its last financial year. Its businesses have ...
2014 Premium Stories (2015)
by Mr Ernest S Arvai, Dr Addison M Schonland
Bombardier is a great partner and also a potential global customer support source. But even with such a...
COMAC can only shorten that time by working with a partner – and we suspect Bombardier is the partner of choice. 87 The talk about ...
by Charles W. Lamb
Bombardier is the leading Canadian aerospace company. new buy A situation requiring the purchase of a product. Editorial review has deemed that any suppressed content does not materially affect the overall learning experience. Cengage ...
Super Bug Encyclopedia (2016)
FIREPOWER The African bombardier beetle looks harmless, but it has a secret weapon. This beetle is armed with its own chemical gun, which makes a searingly hot, toxic spray blast from its tail end to scald and blister any animal that attacks ...
Authoritative, Practical, Complete : an American Library Embracing Science, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Fine Arts, Languages, Religion, Law, Literature, Useful Arts, and the Many Thousands of Subjects Into which They Branch by Charles Annandale, Francis Thomas Furey, Walter Hart Blumenthal
Bombardier. Beetle,. to. been“. of. the genera Brachlnue and Aptinus, family Carabidm, because of the remarkable power they possess of being able to defend themselves by expelling from the anus a ungent acrid fluid, which explodes With a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bombardier
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bombardier
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: bisgovuk
Photo credit: bisgovuk
Photo credit: w0arz
- Bombardier CSeries Korean Air
Bombardier Aerospace sells up to 30 CSeries to Asian launch customer Korean Air
Photo credit: EdelmanAirShow
- Bombardier window
Photo credit: Dano
- Bombardier Q300, Wellington
Photo credit: PhillipC
View more pictures about bombardier beetle.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bombardier
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bombardier Meaning
Video shows what bombardier means. A bomber crew member who sights and releases bombs.. A non-commissioned officer rank in artillery, equivalent to ...
- Bombardier Meaning
Video shows what Bombardier means. An enclosed passenger vehicle, propelled over snow and ice by caterpillar tracks and steered by skis.. Bombardier ...
- Explanation DM Bombardier
View more videos about bombardier beetle.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bombardier!
Scrabble value of B3O1M3B3A1R1D2I1E1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine