On this page:
- Definition of the noun boswell
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Boswell
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Boswell
- Photos about Boswell
- Videos about Boswell
- Quotes about Boswell
- Scrabble value of B3O1S1W4E1L1L1
- Anagrams of BOSWELL
- Share this page
Definition of the noun boswell
What does boswell mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Boswells
- a devoted admirer and recorder of another's words and deeds
- Boswell is a town in Choctaw County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 709 at the 2010 census.
- Boswell is a borough in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is part of the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,364 at the 2000 census.
- Boswell is a town in Grant Township, Benton County, Indiana, United States. The population was 778 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Boswell is a fictional character from the 1977 film The Anchorite.
- Boswell is a fictional character from Lady in the Fog.
- Boswell is a fictional character from the 1990 film Mr. Destiny.
- Boswell is a fictional film character.
- "Boswell" is a book by Stanley Elkin.
- also known as "Boswell, a modern comedy"
- genre: Fiction
- "Boswell" is a book by Claude Colleer Abbott.
- Boswell is a website.
- official website: stateofflorida.info/people/Boswell
- Boswell is a family name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Boswell
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Banking Law Journal (1920)
Boswell is the owner of one share of the capital stock of Citizens' Bank, Maxeys, Ga., transferrable only on the books of the corporation in person or by attorney on surrender of this certificate, in accordance with the ...
The Portico (1818)
Johnson was the lion — Boswell the jackall, whose attachment is rewarded by skeletons and offals. Boswell is the clown who amuses the spectator by tumbling over chairs and breaking hi* own shins, while the chief performer is away. Boswell ...
Dictionary of Quotations (1998)
by Connie Robertson
Boswell - Life It is better that some should be unhappy than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality. 5093 Boswell - Life A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from ...
by Susan Ratcliffe
James Boswell Life ofSamuel Johnson (1791) ...
by Thomas Thomson
Boswell observes, " Dr ...
by New and general biographical dictionary
— Boswell'* Life of Johusun. * The works of Pellegrino in Spain, ...
by Roger Ariew, Dennis Des Chene, Douglas M. Jesseph, Tad M. Schmaltz, Theo Verbeek
BOSWELL, SIR WILLIAM ( ca ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Boswell
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Boswell
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: settlja
- Leonard and Dody Boswell
Congressman Leonard Boswell and his wife Dody.
Photo credit: Mark Warner
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Boswell
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Boswell!
Quotes about Boswell
Scrabble value of B3O1S1W4E1L1L1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BOSWELL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Boswell!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Boswell to see it in context!