Both appears in the following tongue twisters:
- The Leith police dismisseth us
They thought we sought to stay;
The Leith police dismisseth us
They thought we'd stay all day.
The Leith police dismisseth us,
We both sighed sighs apiece;
And the sighs that we sighed as we said goodbye
Were the size of the Leith police.
- V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
(from the screenplay of the movie "V for Vendetta", at the beginning, when V meets Evie for the first time)
Both appears in the following pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Both fickle dwarves jinx my pig quiz. (30 letters)
- Would you please examine both sizes of jade figures very quickly? (54 letters)
Both appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Dali bade both to bed a bi lad.
- "Dash to bet or win," I wrote, "Both sad."
- Gnash teeth to bosses’ uses so both teeth sang.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective both
- Other definitions of both
- Phrases with Both
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Both
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Both
- Photos about Both
- Video language resources about Both
- Sign language
- Quotes about Both
- Scrabble value of B3O1T1H4
- Anagrams of BOTH
- Share this page
The word both is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective both
What does both mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: bother |
- (used with count nouns) two considered together; the two
- example: both girls are pretty
- adjective position: attributive adjective (it occurs before the noun)
- similar: some
Other definitions of both
What does both also mean?
- including both (used with and)
- Each of the two; one and the other.
Who is Both?
Both a.k.a. Ian Botham: Sir Ian Terence Botham, OBE is a former England Test cricketer and Test team captain, and current cricket commentator. He was a genuine all-rounder with 14 centuries and 383 wickets in Test cricket, and remains well known by his nickname "Beefy". While at times a controversial player both on and off the field, Botham also held a number of Test cricket records, and still holds the record for the highest number of wickets taken by an England bowler.
- read more about Ian Botham
- Both is a musical group, webpage.
- Both is a musical group.
- album: "The Inevitable Phyllis"
"Both": Amândoi este un roman polițist scris de Liviu Rebreanu. În el se povestește istoria unei crime comise de o servitoare.
- genre: Mystery
- "Both" is a musical single of Both.
- released on
- "Both" a.k.a. "both"" is a musical album of Belly Button.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Both" is a musical album of RZL DZL.
- released on (8 years ago)
Both is a 2005 US-Canadian-Peruvian drama film directed by Lisset Barcellos. Starring Jackie Parker, Mike Martinez, Nicole Wilder, Fabrizio Aguilar, Ximena Ameri and Pable Barcellos, the film tells the story of a stunt double with an intersex variation, who discovers her past.
Phrases with Both
- Go Both Ways
- in both ears
- to both ears
- Went Both Ways
- Hear both sides
- With Both Hands
- Bat For Both Sides
- Best of Both Worlds
- Worst of Both Worlds
- Batted For Both Sides
- Burn One's Candle at Both Ends
- Play Both Sides Against the Middle
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Both
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Compendious Law Dictionary. Containing Both an Explanation of the Terms and the Law Itself, Intended for the Use of the Country Gentleman, the Merchant, and the Professional Man (1803)
by Thomas Potts (of Chiswick.)
former or latter, both will be void; but if two codicils are found, and it cannot be ascertained which was the first, but the same thing is devised to two persons, both ought to divide; but where either wills or codicils have dates, the latter is ...
History Both General and Local, Geography with Descriptions of Its Counties, Cities and Villages, Its Agricultural, Manufacturing, Mining and Business Development, Sketches of Eminent and Interesting Characters, Etc., with Notes of a Tour Over it in 1886. Illustrated by about 700 Engravings. Contrasting the Ohio of 1816 with 1886-90 by Henry Howe
History Both General and Local, Geography with Descriptions of Its Counties, Cities and Villages, Its Agricultural, Manufacturing, Mining and Business Development, Sketches of Eminent and Interesting Characters, Etc., with Notes of a Tour ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Both
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Both
Click on an item to view that photo:
Polar exhibit, Columbus Zoo
Photo credit: Becker1999
Photo credit: mironset
Duncan & Meaghan.
Photo credit: Gamma-Ray Productions
Photo credit: recolectoradluz
Photo credit: DeeAshley
Photo credit: Unlisted Sightings
Photo credit: YoungJ523
- Neither and both
Photo credit: kevin dooley
- Both bells
Photo credit: Keron Beattie
Photo credit: Growinnc
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Both
Click on an item to play that video:
- Both Meaning
Video shows what both means. Each of the two; one and the other.. Each of more than two.. both pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- 2/(x-5) definition of derivative (both)
- Both classes- Literacy: YCT Vocabulary Practice
- Double Ikat (both warp and weft dominant) Textile Explanation in Bali
A Balinese textile educator explains this rare piece--a double ikat, found only in Bali and Gujarat, India. The warp and weft are both dominant and neither hides ...
- CRI RRR both explanation
- 'BOTH...AND' Use of Conjunctio 'bith...and' :: English Conjunction Explanation in Gujarati
- Laser skip explanation works with both PDX and PD N64
- The ritual -- its explanation. Both families agree to this alliance
- Definition of analytics, and the need to take inputs from both right and left brains
Interview with Durjoy Patranabish, Head, C-Lab India, RedPill Solutions, November 7, 2008, 3 pm.
- Cut Both Ways - Cut Two Ways - Idioms - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Otse - Otse means both river and language
Iris Benson wrote this poem as part of Jones & Jones' field school held along the Duwamish River in Seattle, Washington. Otse is a word from Luteshootseed the ...
- Governor ESL Narasimhan meets Union Ministers to submit report on both states
Governor ESL Narasimhan in his Delhi tour met Union Ministers to submit the report on controversies and problems of both states. Watch first ever a 24/7 ...
- ESL Narasimhan to continue as governor for both Telangana and Seemandhra
Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh had possibly signed the file regarding the appointment of Andhra Pradesh governor ESL Narasimhan as governor for ...
- Both Students and Teachers are Engaged with LANGUAGE! Live
- Disappears - 'Pre Language' Live San Francisco BOTH 5/18/2013
Disappears - 'Pre Language' Live San Francisco BOTH 5/18/2013.
- Afghan made QUICK ENGLISH DICTIONARY Words in Both Pushto and Dari
- BARQ NEWS..CLASHES OVER LANGUAGE IN NANDED MUNICIPALITY BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES
fight Between Shiv Sena Corporators & MIM Corporators at Nanded Municipal Corporation over Language Issue..
- Fast and Hard are both adjectives and adverbs - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Curso de Ingles 95 ESL VERBS THAT ARE BOTH REGULAR AND IRREGULAR
See also the pronunciation examples of Both!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Both Reached for the Gun (sign Language)
- Melodifestivalen 2013 - Euphoria performed in both song and sign language
Children from a local music and sign language school performing last year's winning song, Euphoria, along with artist Loreen. Filmed March 8, 2013 during the ...
- Silent night with Sign Language (Tali and Brooque both) 12/14/2014
Quotes about Both
Love is a
Does not spare
Both keep waiting
Both keep dreaming
Thoughts keep coming
Both keep hoping
Both keep praying
Till not together
Live in misery
Both keep crying
Leaves the world
1824-89-11-11 (Nirantar Dr.Rajendra Tela)
more quotes about both...
Scrabble value of B3O1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BOTH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Both!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Both to see it in context!