|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun brahma
What does brahma mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- brahma: brahmas
- Brahma: Brahmas
- the Creator; one of the three major deities in the later Hindu pantheon
- any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Bos indicus
- synonyms of Brahma: Brahman / Brahmin
- more generic word: bovine = any of various members of the genus Bos
- more specific word: zebu = domesticated ox having a humped back and long horns and a large dewlap
- member of: Bos / genus Bos = wild and domestic cattle
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alternative definition of the noun brahma
- A large domestic fowl from the Brahmaputra region of India.
- A breed of Indian cattle, Bos indicus.
Phrases with Brahma
- Brahma Cattle
- Tephritis brahma
- Niviventer Brahma
- Actinoptera Brahma
- Parhydraena brahma
- species Tephritis brahma
- Species Niviventer Brahma
- species Actinoptera brahma
- Species Parhydraena Brahma
- "Brahma" is a 2014 Indian Action historical drama film directed by R.
- country: India
- languages: Kannada Language, Telugu language, Tamil Language
- director: R. Chandru
- producer: Manjunath Babu
- written by R. Chandru
- based on a story by R. Chandru
- cinematography by Shekar Chandra
- edited by K.M. Prakash
- music by Gurukiran
- genres: Historical drama, Romance Film, Comedy, Thriller, Action Film, Drama
- released on
- "Brahma" is a 1994 Indian Bollywood film directed by K. Subhash and produced by S. Ramanathan. It stars Govinda, Madhoo and Ayesha Jhulka in pivotal roles.
- "Brahma" a.k.a. "Bramma" is a 1991 Tamil film directed by K Subash. The film stars Sathyaraj in the lead role pairing with Kushboo Sundar and Bhanupriya. The film released with largely positive reviews and was a blockbuster.
"Brahma" is a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson, written in 1856. It is named for Brahma, a Hindu god of creation.
Brahma a.k.a. Jessica Blyth Barrymore is the daughter of Nina Wayne and John Drew Barrymore.
- also known as Brahma Blyth Barrymore, Jessica Barrymore
- born in (48 years ago), child of Nina Wayne and John Drew Barrymore
- nationality: United States of America
Brahma is a musical group.
Brahma a.k.a. Brahma beer: Brahma is a Brazilian beer, originally made by the Companhia Cervejaria Brahma which was founded in 1888. The brands are now owned by Anheuser–Busch InBev, formed by a merger between Anheuser–Busch and InBev. It is famous for its innovative advertising which has won many awards at festivals such as Cannes.
Brahma: Brahmā is the Hindu god of creation and one of the Trimūrti, the others being Viṣņu and Śiva. According to the Brahmā Purāņa, he is the father of Manu, and from Manu all human beings are descended. In the Rāmāyaņa and the Mahābhārata, he is often referred to as the progenitor or great grandsire of all human beings. He is not to be confused with the Supreme Cosmic Spirit in Hindu Vedānta philosophy known as Brahman, which is genderless. Brahmā's wife is Saraswati. Saraswati is also known by names such as Sāvitri and Gāyatri, and has taken different forms. Saraswati is the Vedic Goddess, revered as Vedamāta, meaning Mother of the Vedas. Brahmā is often identified with Prajāpati, a Vedic deity.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Brahma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Esoteric Anatomy (2012)
The Body as Consciousness by Bruce Burger
Brahma is the inner potency of vibration, the omnipresent center of all manifestation. the resonance of Creative Intelligence at the...
Brahma is an ever: xpanding cycle of conscious breath whose force encompasses all energy in creation.
The Bhagavad-Gita (2002)
Translation and Commentary by Veeraswamy Krishnaraj
Brahma is the source of sacrifice, rains, food, and living entities.
A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices by J. Gordon Melton, Martin Baumann
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU), headquartered in India , describes itself as an international nongovernmental organization rather than as a religion. It does nonetheless accord a central role to concepts such as ...
by Peter Clarke
The 'Brahma Kumaris' are a world-wide millenarian movement originating in the 1930s in Hyderabad (then north-west India, now Pakistan) in response to revelations of the Sindhi diamond merchant Dada Lekhraj (see Lekhraj, Dada).
by James R. Lewis
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU) focuses on understanding the self, its inner resources and strengths, and developing attributes of leadership and the highest level of personal integrity. The BKWSU is a ...
London encyclopaedia; or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature and practical mechanics (1829)
comprising a popular view of the present state of knowledge by Thomas Tegg
BRAHMA, Brama, or Brimha, in the Hindoo religion, the celebrated deity of Hindostan, from whose person, in various ascending degrees of honor, the four great tribes, or castes, of the Hindoos are said to have proceeded. These castes, from ...
by Wendy Doniger
BRAHMA influenced by Indian Gupta and post-Gupta art. Within a few centuries of its construction the area suffered a volcanic eruption, and Borobudur was virtually buried in volcanic dust. It was then abandoned and overgrown by vegetation ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Brahma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Brahma
Click on an item to view that photo:
Molhando as palavras. (Das nacionais populares minha preferida)
Photo credit: capelati
Photo credit: JumpV
Photo credit: bluesmoon
Photo credit: AlishaV
Bottle cap. Bright colours
Photo credit: rawdonfox
- Brahma Kamal (Nightblooming Cereus)
Photo credit: Ishan Manjrekar
- Brahma Kamalam (flower)
Photo credit: GoDakshin
- Queen of the Night, Brahma Kamalam(Flower)
Photo credit: GoDakshin
- Brahma chicks
Half grown - 3 pullets & 1 cockerel (white one)
Photo credit: sammydavisdog
- Rare Brahma sighting
Brahma was cursed never to be worshiped on Earth. So, it is rare to find his likeness on temples. This temple is on Chamundi Hill outside Mysore, India.
Photo credit: bandarji
- Brahma and Lacey
Dark Brahma and Golden Laced Wyandotte
Photo credit: AlishaV
- Brahma Cow
Moo! Grass is good.
Photo credit: Extra Zebra
- Brahma and Wyandotte crossbreed
Photo credit: JumpV
- Holy Brahma Mandir
Photo credit: shantishakti7
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Brahma
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sri Brahma Samhita - Brahma Prayers in Praise of Lord Krsna (English Meaning)
The materialistic demeanor cannot possibly stretch to the transcendental autocrat who is ever inviting the fallen conditioned souls to associate with Him thr...
- AHAM BRAHMA ASMI - Meaning by Sri 1008 Sathyathma Thirtha Swamiji
Meaning Aham Brahmasmi given by sri Sathyathma Thirtharu.
- Divine Shlokas: Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu And Its Meaning By Trishna
'Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshwara' is a Sanskrit spiritual chant, recited in praise of the Trimurti, that is, Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord S...
- Definition of Guru Brahma Guru Vishn...by Sri Kaipa Seshadri
Sri Kaipa Seshadri is an Aeronautical Engineer. He is associated with Veda Prakasha. He is known as Akshara Brahma. Here he gives definition for the Sloka Gu...
- Awakening with Brahma Kumari- Language change- Suresh Oberoi with BK Shivani Ep-28
A Spiritual organization committed to self transformation through meditation and positive thinking. Perhaps few organisations have stimulated as much change ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Brahma!
Scrabble value of B3R1A1H4M3A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BRAHMA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Brahma!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Brahma to see it in context!