On this page:
- Definition of the noun brahma
- Phrases with Brahma
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Brahma
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Brahma
- Photos about Brahma
- Video language resources about Brahma
- Quotes about Brahma
- Scrabble value of B3R1A1H4M3A1
- Anagrams of BRAHMA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun brahma
What does brahma mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- brahma: brahmas
- Brahma: Brahmas
- the Creator; one of the three major deities in the later Hindu pantheon
- any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Bos indicus
- synonyms of Brahma: Brahman / Brahmin
- more generic word: bovine = any of various members of the genus Bos
- more specific word: zebu = domesticated ox having a humped back and long horns and a large dewlap
- member of: Bos / genus Bos = wild and domestic cattle
Alternative definition of the noun brahma
- A large domestic fowl from the Brahmaputra region of India.
- A breed of Indian cattle, Bos indicus.
- "Brahma" is a 2014 Indian Action historical drama film directed by R. Chandru and produced by Manjunath Babu. The film was simultaneously made in Kannada and Telugu and subsequently dubbed into Tamil. The film stars Upendra, essaying dual roles, and Pranitha Subhash in the lead roles, while actors Nassar, Rahul Dev and Shayaji Shinde play other prominent roles. The film spanning four generations, from the 16th to the 21st century, features an original soundtrack by Gurukiran. It's Karnataka Distribution rights have been sold out for a record price of 150 million. Brahma is one of the most expensive Kannada movies of all time. The film opened to an overwhelming response from the audience as well as the critics and got a grand opening at the Box Office by collecting a Record-Breaking 97.5 million in its first weekend by releasing in a record 276 screens and 1076 shows all over Karnataka. It was labeled as an out an out commercial action entertainer with all the elements of keeping the audience entertained, particularly in the second half. The bilingual movie is now all set to release in Telugu language in March.
- country: India
- languages: Kannada Language, Telugu language, Tamil Language
- producer: Manjunath Babu
- written by R. Chandru
- based on a story by R. Chandru
- cinematography by Shekar Chandra
- edited by K.M. Prakash
- music by Gurukiran
- genres: Historical drama, Romance Film, Comedy, Thriller, Action Film, Drama
- released on
- "Brahma" is a 1994 Indian Bollywood film directed by K. Subash and produced by S. Ramanathan. It stars Govinda, Madhoo and Ayesha Jhulka in pivotal roles.
- "Brahma" a.k.a. "Bramma" is a 1991 Tamil film directed by K. Subash. The film stars Sathyaraj in the lead role pairing with Kushboo Sundar and Bhanupriya. The film was a Deepavali release, with largely positive reviews and completed 100 days in theaters & was a blockbuster. The film was remade in Telugu as same name with Mohan Babu and in Hindi with same name with Govinda.
- read more about Bramma
- "Brahma" a.k.a. "The Pink Circle Story" is a 2011 short film written and directed by Prashant Bhilare.
- read more about The Pink Circle Story
"Brahma" is a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson, written in 1856. It is named for Brahma, the Hindu god of creation.
- Brahma is a fictional character from the 2012 film Yamudiki Mogudu.
- Brahma is a fictional character from the 1960 film Sri Venkateswara Mahatyam.
- Brahma is a fictional character from the 1994 film Yamaleela.
- Brahma is a fictional character from the 2014 film Brahma Vishnu Maheshwara.
"Brahma" is a musical album of Barry Altschul.
- released in (36 years ago)
Who is Brahma?
Brahma a.k.a. Jessica Blyth Barrymore is the daughter of Nina Wayne and John Drew Barrymore.
- read more about Jessica Blyth Barrymore
Brahma is a musical group.
- Brahma a.k.a. Brahma beer: Brahma is a Brazilian beer, originally made by the Companhia Cervejaria Brahma, which was founded in 1888.
- read more about Brahma beer
- The Brahma Group is an asset management and investment firm headquartered in New York, United States.
Brahma: Brahmā is the Hindu god of creation and one of the Trimūrti, the others being Vishnu and Shiva. According to the Brahmā Purāṇa, he is the father of Manu, and from Manu all human beings are descended. In the Rāmāyaṇa and the Mahābhārata, he is often referred to as the progenitor or great grandsire of all human beings. He is not to be confused with the Supreme Cosmic Spirit in Hindu Vedānta philosophy known as Brahman, which is genderless. Brahmā's wife is Saraswati. Saraswati is also known by names such as Sāvitri and Gāyatri, and has taken different forms throughout history. Brahmā is often identified with Prajāpati, a Vedic deity. Being the husband of Saraswati or Vaac Devi, Brahma is also known as "Vaagish," meaning "Lord of Speech and Sound.
Phrases with Brahma
- Brahma Cattle
- Dryxo Brahma
- Oeneis Brahma
- Onitis Brahma
- Clerota Brahma
- Euploea Brahma
- Trabala Brahma
- Arhopala Brahma
- Calinaga Brahma
- Ochlodes Brahma
- Adapsilia Brahma
- Erioptera Brahma
- Tephritis brahma
- Exoprosopa Brahma
- Niviventer Brahma
- Actinoptera Brahma
- Metanastria Brahma
- Parhydraena brahma
- Pterolophia Brahma
- Metalimnobia Brahma
View more phrases with the word Brahma in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Brahma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Esoteric Anatomy (1998)
The Body as Consciousness by Bruce Burger, Society for the Study of Native Arts and Sciences
Brahma is the inner potency of vibration, the omnipresent center of all manifestation. the resonance of Creative Intelligence at the...
Brahma is an ever: xpanding cycle of conscious breath whose force encompasses all energy in creation.
The Essential Function of the Soul
The personal appearance of that para- tattva is called Bhagavän, and the nirviçeña manifestation is called brahma.
Annual Report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture and Annual Report of the Experiment Station (1876)
The Brahma is an Asiatic breed possessing positive merits. History says it...
Report of the Secretary (1876)
The Brahma is an Asiatic breed possessing positive merits. History says...
by A.R. Rather
Brahma is the greatest truth in this world.
Discovering the Origins of the World's Oldest Civilization by B. G. Sidharth
Brahma is the creator. The universe itself is called brahmanda,
Peace of Mind (1999)
by Hari Datt Sharma, Pustak Mahal Publishers, Booksellers & Order Suppliers
Brahma is the Atma of all beings, And does not perish with the perish of all beings. 123. What To Eat, What Not To Eat ...
Popular Hinduism (2012)
The Religion of the Masses by L. S. S. O'Malley
Brahma is the creator, Vishnu is the preserver, and Siva or Mahadeva (Mahadeo) , meaning the great god, is the destroyer; but the last stands for reproduction as well as dissolution, for there is an endless series of births, deaths and rebirths, ...
Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, 2nd Edition [6 volumes] (2010)
A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices by J. Gordon Melton, Martin Baumann
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU), headquartered in India , describes itself as an international nongovernmental organization rather than as a religion. It does nonetheless accord a central role to concepts such as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Brahma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Brahma
Click on an item to view that photo:
Brahma is traditionally depicted with four faces (three in this case) and four arms. Each face of his points to a cardinal direction. His hands hold no weapons, rather symbols of knowledge and creation. In one hand he holds the sacred texts of Vedas, in second he holds mala (rosary beads) symbolizing time, in third he holds a ladle symbolizing means to feed sacrificial fire, and in fourth a utensil with water symbolizing the means where all creation emanates from. His four mouths are credited with creating the four Vedas.
Photo credit: bikashdas
Bottle cap. Bright colours
Photo credit: rawdonfox
Mural outside Chinatown.
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: AlishaV
- Brahma Cow
Moo! Grass is good.
Photo credit: Extra Zebra
- Brahma chicks
Half grown - 3 pullets & 1 cockerel (white one)
Photo credit: sammydavisdog
- Rare Brahma sighting
Brahma was cursed never to be worshiped on Earth. So, it is rare to find his likeness on temples. This temple is on Chamundi Hill outside Mysore, India.
Photo credit: bandarji
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Brahma
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sri Brahma Samhita - Brahma Prayers in Praise of Lord Krsna (English Meaning)
The materialistic demeanor cannot possibly stretch to the transcendental autocrat who is ever inviting the fallen conditioned souls to associate with Him through ...
- Divine Shlokas: Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu And Its Meaning By Trishna
'Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshwara' is a Sanskrit spiritual chant, recited in praise of the Trimurti, that is, Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord ...
- The meaning of Diwali - from Brahma Kumaris UK
What does the spiritual festival of Diwali mean to you? Here, the Brahma Kumaris UK present a video of personal perspectives.
- Sudhi singing Brahma Kadigina Paadam and meaning in her words
- AHAM BRAHMA ASMI - Meaning by Sri 1008 Sathyathma Thirtha Swamiji
Meaning Aham Brahmasmi given by sri Sathyathma Thirtharu.
- Brahma Meaning
Video shows what Brahma means. Hindu god (deva) of creation and one of the Trimurti, the others being Vishnu and Shiva.The indian deity\God with four faces.
- Definition of Guru Brahma Guru Vishn...by Sri Kaipa Seshadri
Sri Kaipa Seshadri is an Aeronautical Engineer. He is associated with Veda Prakasha. He is known as Akshara Brahma. Here he gives definition for the Sloka ...
- Awakening with Brahma Kumari- Language change- Suresh Oberoi with BK Shivani Ep-28
A Spiritual organization committed to self transformation through meditation and positive thinking. Perhaps few organisations have stimulated as much change ...
- EV Swaminathan - Language Of The Mind - Building Memory - Brahma Kumaris Discourse
Build your memory by speaking to the mind in its own language. EV Swaminathan a devout Brahma Kumaris talks about the three languages that the human ...
- Brief Description on the Four Brahma Viharas
During Q&A in his workshop "Realising the Main Thing" John Barter offered this short description on the Four Brahma Viharas. (March 2015)
See also the pronunciation examples of Brahma!
Quotes about Brahma
the first sight of the ganges
i walk the ghats with names of gods
shiva, vishnu, brahma, hanuman,
sadhus put thick white powder on my forehead
three lines to denote the shiva sect
the lingams, oh the man told me
not to walk inside the sacred ring (John Tiong Chunghoo)
more quotes about brahma...
Scrabble value of B3R1A1H4M3A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BRAHMA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Brahma!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Brahma to see it in context!