On this page:
- Definition of the noun brooklyn
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Brooklyn
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Brooklyn
- Photos about Brooklyn
- Videos about Brooklyn
- Sign language
- Quotes about Brooklyn
- Scrabble value of B3R1O1O1K5L1Y4N1
- Anagrams of BROOKLYN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun brooklyn
What does brooklyn mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a borough of New York City
- example: When I was in New York, I visited Brooklyn.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: borough = one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- part of: Greater New York / New York / New York City = the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river
- part: Coney Island = a section of Brooklyn on the Atlantic
- Brooklyn is a village in Jackson County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,206 at the 2010 census. It is located just off U.S. Highway 12 in Columbia Township.
- Brooklyn is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States, and a suburb of Cleveland. The population was 11,169 at the 2010 census.
- Brooklyn is a town in Windham County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 7,173 at the 2000 census. The town center village is listed by the U.S. Census Bureau as a census-designated place. The district of East Brooklyn is also listed as a separate census-designated place.
- Brooklyn, is a village in St. Clair County, Illinois, United States. Located just 2 miles north of East St. Louis, Illinois and 3 miles northeast of Downtown St. Louis, Missouri, it is the oldest town incorporated by African Americans in the United States. Its motto is "Founded by Chance, Sustained by Courage". The current mayor is Mayor Vera Banks-Glasper. In her early years as an entertainer superstar Tina Turner regularly performed at a local club.
- Brooklyn is a city in Poweshiek County, Iowa, United States. The population was 1,468 at the 2010 census. It is located just off U.S. Highway 6 and a few miles north of Interstate 80. Near the center of town Brooklyn boasts a large display of flags from each of the fifty states, the four branches of the military, and a smattering of other sources. The city bills itself as "Brooklyn: Community of Flags.
- Brooklyn is a town in Clay Township, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,598 at the 2010 census.
- Brooklyn is a village in Dane and Green Counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. At the 2000 census, 502 Brooklyn residents lived in Dane County, and 414 in Green County, with a total population of 916. The 2010 census population was 1,401 inhabitants, with 936 of these in Dane County, and 465 in Green County.
- Brooklyn is a small unincorporated community in southern Forrest County, Mississippi. It is part of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Brooklyn is a neighborhood of Jacksonville, Florida, considered part of Downtown. Originally a residential suburb, commercial uses became prominent during the 20th century, particularly along the St. Johns River and Riverside Avenue, and the area became included in Jacksonville's central business district. In the 21st century, it has become the site of mixed-use developments.
- Brooklyn is an unincorporated community in Conecuh County, Alabama, United States. Brooklyn is located on the southern border of Conecuh County 16.1 miles southeast of Evergreen. Brooklyn had a post office until it closed on November 19, 2011; it still has its own ZIP code, 36429.
- Brooklyn is a town in Green County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 944 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Attica is located in the town.
- Brooklyn is a town in Green Lake County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,904 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated communities of Pleasant Point and Sherwood Forest are located in the town.
- Brooklyn is a town in Washburn County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 281 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Lampson is located in the town.
- Brooklyn was a New Zealand parliamentary electorate in Wellington city from 1946 to 1954. It was represented by two prominent members of the Labour Party: Peter Fraser, who was Prime Minister, and Arnold Nordmeyer, who was later Minister of Finance.
- Brooklyn is an unincorporated community in Coffee County, Alabama, United States. Brooklyn is 5.4 miles east-northeast of Opp.
- Brooklyn a.k.a. Brooklyn, Virginia: Brooklyn is an unincorporated community in Pulaski County, in the U.S. state of Virginia.
- read more about Brooklyn, Virginia
- Brooklyn a.k.a. Brooklyn, Fayette County, West Virginia: Brooklyn is an unincorporated community in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States. Their post office closed in 1966.
- read more about Brooklyn, Fayette County, West Virginia
- Brooklyn a.k.a. Brooklyn, Schuyler County, Illinois: Brooklyn is an unincorporated community in Schuyler County, Illinois, United States. Brooklyn is located on Illinois Route 101 7.5 miles west of Littleton.
- read more about Brooklyn, Schuyler County, Illinois
There are other places with in their name, like New Brooklyn, Old Brooklyn, Brooklyn Park, West Brooklyn, Brooklyn Manor, South Brooklyn, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Township, Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn Friends School, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Long Island University-Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights Historic District, Brooklyn Historical Society Building, Conservatory of Music at Brooklyn College.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Brooklyn
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Urban Ethnography Reader (2014)
by Mitchell Duneier, Philip Kasinitz, Alexandra Murphy
Gentrified Brooklyn is a prime site for postings, since its public spaces, bounded by residential neighborhoods and commercial streets, and its high population of “ creative class” workers with flexible schedules who can be out and about in such ...
New York City (2002)
A Cultural and Literary Companion by Eric Homberger
"Brooklyn is a borough of great talking," remarked Joe Flaherty. "Politically they'll vote conservative, but in the bars they'll be as wicked and funny and obscene about politicians as Swift." The sense of having an independent history, and of ...
by Thomas H. Lee
Abramovitch and Galvin wrote, “Brooklyn is the funnel through which much of the US. immigrant world has whirled.”3 Like the Braunwalds, many of these immigrants were Jewish. During the late nineteenth century and early twentieth century ...
New Jews (2005)
The End of the Jewish Diaspora by Caryn S. Aviv, David Shneer
bookstores, and kosher restaurants, bakeries, and butchers, Hasidic Brooklyn is a world unto itself, and many an anthropologist's ...
Haunted New York City (2008)
Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Big Apple by Cheri Revai
Today Brooklyn is the most populous borough in New York City, with almost 2.5 million residents, and Kings County is New York State's most populated county. Brooklyn is on the westernmost point of Long Island, bounded by the borough of ...
by Lyle Spatz
BROOKLYN WONDERS • 55 BROOKLYN GLADIATORS. The Brooklyn Gladiators played part of the 1890 season as members of the American Association (AA). They had a 26–72 record when they disbanded in midseason. They were ...
by David Nemec
Remsen, Brooklyn 106 Eggler, New York 6 Remsen, Brooklyn .793 LF ...
by Alex Preminger, Frank J. Warnke, O. B. Hardison Jr.
Brooklyn College; Sverre Arestad, University of Washington; Hayden Clair Bell, University of California (Berkeley); Armando Correia Pacheco, Pan American Union; Joseph F. de Simone, Brooklyn College; S. Dinamarca, Brooklyn College; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Brooklyn
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Brooklyn
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: saarzipan
Photo credit: anieto2k
Photo credit: cisc1970
Last shot in the OFFF Titles 07 :)
Photo credit: Roman Königshofer | rawmeyn
Photo credit: saarzipan
Photo credit: cisc1970
Photo credit: Glamasónico
Believe it or not, this picture of Tucker was taken in Brooklyn.
Photo credit: nertzy
Excellent day for a bike ride.
Photo credit: Seth W.
Photo credit: MrGluSniffer
Photo credit: thruyour.lens
Photo credit: Rockspindeln
Photo credit: jeanbaptisteparis
- Brooklyn Flea
Photo credit: cisc1970
- Brooklyn Field Trip
Sunset Park, Brooklyn, NY.
2nd site visit for Power studio, MSAUD, GSAPP.
Photo credit: jacopast
View more pictures about Brooklyn Bridge.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Brooklyn
Click on an item to play that video:
- Brooklyn Climb to the Top, About SLANG
- Brooklyn meaning and pronunciation
One of 5 boroughs of NYC. Bath Beach Bay Ridge Bedford-Stuyvesant Bensonhurst Bergen Beach Boerum Hill Borough Park Brighton Beach Broadway ...
- Slang King at Bar Matchless, Brooklyn 9/4/15
- Meaning Behind Brooklyn Man's Spoken-Word | The Meredith Vieira Show
Steven Prescod, a Brooklyn, NY playwright and actor, discusses why he wanted to bring awareness to the struggles of his community through his ...
- Brooklyn Meaning
Video shows what Brooklyn means. A borough of New York City. It is located on the western end of Long Island.. of modern usage, also spelled Brooklynn.
- Definition- Dear Brooklyn
Definition of Brooklyn spits a love poem to and for his hometown.
- " brooklyn " - meaning of
- Definition of Brooklyn
- Definition of Brooklyn
- Slang King at The Flat, Brooklyn 7/18/14
- Brooklyn "new breed crew" 1997 JC-Joint Control/Definition
- Meaning of life.....Brooklyn
- Fluency MC StickStuckStuck Live ESL Verb Rap Brooklyn, New York
LYRICS INCLUDED BELOW! Link to the original StickStuckStuck video...
- THE BROOKLYN SHOW EP.1 Learning A New Language
THE BROOKLYN SHOW is done by an 11 year old girl speaking on topics that are relevant to her age group. Brooklyn is spunky, artistic and engaging!
- Samuel Medas Live in Brooklyn - Beyond Description
- Description of St.Thomas Episcopal in Brooklyn
- "Body Language" MS 267, Brooklyn
- Video Brooklyn Language Academy
- Brooklyn's Language
- Description of Brooklyn Business Project
- Grasshopper (Brief Description) Brooklyn, NY, 1991.
Ted Barron, 2010. music by Tom Verlaine, "Brief Description" from Around, 2006.
- Daryl Sanders ESL Brooklyn Mix
- Body Language - Social Studies September 4th, Brooklyn Bowl
- Local Language Literacy: Brooklyn Review
Local Language Literacy: A Park Slope couple is helping to increase the literacy rate of African children, one book at a time. From Brooklyn Independent ...
- Body Language Live at Brooklyn Bowl (12/20/2010)
- ESL Brooklyn Game 1 Mexico 99 vs Buenos Aires 80
- ESL Brooklyn Game 2 Mexico City 98 vs Buenos Aires 93
- ESL Brooklyn Game 2 Mexico City 100 vs Buenos Aires 96
- ESL Brooklyn Championship Game Mexico city 100 vs Buenos Aires 119
See also the pronunciation examples of Brooklyn!
Brooklyn Does Sign Language
Quotes about Brooklyn
Scrabble value of B3R1O1O1K5L1Y4N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BROOKLYN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Brooklyn!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Brooklyn to see it in context!