On this page:
- Can! a.k.a. Canada is a country in North America consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean. At 9.98 million square kilometres in total, Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area and the fourth-largest country by land area. Its common border with the United States forms the world's longest land border.
- also known as Canuckistan, Dominion of Canada
- founded on (148 years ago)
- part of North America, Americas, DVD Region 1
- instance of: North American country / North American nation = any country on the North American continent
- Baffin Island = the 5th largest island and the largest island of Arctic Canada
- Laurentian Highlands / Laurentian Plateau / Canadian Shield = a large plateau that occupies more than 40% of the land area of Canada
- Canadian Maritime Provinces / Maritime Provinces / Maritimes = the collective name for the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
- Alberta = one of the three prairie provinces in western Canada
- British Columbia = a province in western Canada
- Manitoba = one of the three prairie provinces in central Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador = a Canadian province on the island of Newfoundland and on the mainland along the coast of the Labrador Sea
- Northwest Territories = a large territory in northwestern Canada
- Nunavut = an Arctic territory in northern Canada created in 1999 and governed solely by the Inuit
- Arctic Archipelago = all the islands that lie to the north of mainland Canada and the Arctic Circle
- Ontario = a prosperous and industrialized province in central Canada
- Quebec = the largest province of Canada
- Saskatchewan = one of the three prairie provinces in west central Canada
- Yukon Territory / Yukon = a territory in northwestern Canada
- Columbia River / Columbia = a North American river; rises in southwestern Canada and flows southward across Washington to form the border between Washington and Oregon before emptying into the Pacific
- Great Lakes = a group of five large, interconnected lakes in central North America
- Hudson Bay = an inland sea in northern Canada
- Labrador-Ungava Peninsula / Labrador Peninsula = a peninsular region of eastern Canada between Hudson Bay and the Labrador Sea
- Mackenzie River / Mackenzie = a Canadian river
- Niagara River / Niagara = a river flowing from Lake Erie into Lake Ontario
- Ottawa river / Outaouais / Ottawa = a river in southeastern Canada that flows along the boundary between Quebec and Ontario to the Saint Lawrence River near Montreal
- Saint Lawrence River / St. Lawrence River / Saint Lawrence / St. Lawrence = a North American river
- Yukon River / Yukon = a North American river that flows westward from the Yukon Territory through central Alaska to the Bering Sea
- member of: British Commonwealth / Commonwealth of Nations = an association of nations consisting of the United Kingdom and several former British colonies that are now sovereign states but still pay allegiance to the British Crown; NATO / North Atlantic Treaty Organization = an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security; British Empire = a former empire consisting of Great Britain and all the territories under its control; reached its greatest extent at the end of World War I; it included the British Isles, British West Indies, Canada, British Guiana
- member: Canadian = a native or inhabitant of Canada
- read more about Canada (country)
- Can! a.k.a. Çan is a town and district of Çanakkale Province in the Marmara region of Turkey. According to the 2010 census, population of the district is 50,669 of which 28,808 live in the town of Çan. The district covers an area of 907 km², and the town lies at an elevation of 129 m.
- Can! a.k.a. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport is the main airport of Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province, China. Both airport codes were inherited from the old airport, and the IATA code reflects Guangzhou's former romanization Canton. It is the main hub of China Southern Airlines and a focus city for Shenzhen Airlines and Hainan Airlines.
- Can! a.k.a. Irmin Schmidt is a German keyboardist and composer, best known as a founding member of the band Can.
- also known as The Can, Can
- born on (77 years ago) in Berlin
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Composer, musician, film score composer, keyboard player
- member of musical groups:
- genre: Film score
- albums: "Filmmusik Anthology Volume 4 & 5", "Anthology: Soundtracks 1978-1993", "Toy Planet", "Musk at Dusk", "Impossible Holidays", "Kamasutra - Vollendung der Liebe"
- official website: www.irminschmidt.com
- Can! a.k.a. Candice Cook is an actress.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a film score composer.
- also known as The Can
- profession: Film score composer
Can! a.k.a. CAN was a German experimental rock band formed in Cologne, West Germany, in 1968. Later labeled as one of the first krautrock groups, they transcended mainstream influences and incorporated strong minimalist and world music elements into their often psychedelic music.
- Holger Czukay (Bass guitar) between and (9 years)
- Holger Czukay (Bass guitar) between and (5 years)
- Michael Karoli (Guitar) between and (11 years)
- Michael Karoli (Guitar) between and (5 years)
- Jaki Liebezeit (Drums) between and (11 years)
- Jaki Liebezeit (Drums) between and (5 years)
- Irmin Schmidt (Keyboard) between and (11 years)
- Irmin Schmidt (Keyboard) between and (5 years)
- David C. Johnson (Reeds) between and
- Malcolm Mooney (Vocals) between and
- Malcolm Mooney (Vocals) in
- Malcolm Mooney (Vocals) in
- Damo Suzuki (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Rosko Gee (Bass guitar) between and (2 years)
- Rebop Kwaku Baah (Percussion) between and (2 years)
- genres: Krautrock, Experimental rock, Psychedelic rock, Progressive rock, Ambient music, Electronic music, Avant-garde music, Rock music
- albums: "Monster Movie", "Soundtracks", "Tago Mago", "Ege Bamyasi", "Future Days", "Soon Over Babaluma", "Landed", "Flow Motion", "Silent Night", "Unlimited Edition", "Can / Out of Reach", "Delay 1968", "Cannibalism", "Rite Time", "Hoolah Hoolah", "The Peel Sessions", "Radio Waves", "Cannibalism 2", "Can Live: Music (Live 1971-1977)", "Anthology", "CAN", "Prehistoric Future", "Sacrilege", "Saw Delight", "I Want More", "Can-Can", "Moonshake", "Cannibalism 3", "Limited Edition", "Opener", "Incandescence", "The Lost Tapes", "They Doo Right Live", "Horrortrip in the Paperhouse", "Turtles Have Short Legs / Halleluwah", "Spoon", "Vitamin C", "Can DVD", "Can & Harald "Sack" Ziegler"
- award: - Echo Award for Lifetime Achievement Award
- official website: mute.com/artists/can
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2012 film Can.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2002 TV series Canım Kocacım.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2005 film Sensiz olmuyor.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2011 film Zenne Dancer.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 1998 crime drama film Dealer.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the television series Akasya Durağı.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2009 film Dark Cloud.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2012 film Heiter bis wolkig.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 1978 film The Girl with the Red Scarf.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2011 television series Adını Feriha Koydum.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Heaven.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2007 film Can.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a fictional character from the 2013 film Lifelong.
"Can!" a.k.a. "CAN": Can, also known as Inner Space, is the eleventh studio album by Can, released in 1979. Former bassist Holger Czukay's involvement with this album is limited to tape editing. It is Can's last album before the reunion album Rite Time ten years later and was released after the band's break-up.
- also known as The Legendary Can, Inner Space, CAN (Inner Space)
- genre: Krautrock
- released in (37 years ago)
- "Can!" a.k.a. "Can" is a 2012 drama film written and directed by Rasit Çelikezer.
- country: Turkey
- language: Turkish Language
- director: Raşit Çelikezer
- producer: Raşit Çelikezer
- art direction by Ayşen Gürevin Karaytuğ
- written by Raşit Çelikezer
- based on a story by Nüans Çelikezer & Raşit Çelikezer
- Selen Uçer as Ayşe
- Serdar Orçin as Cemal
- Yusuf Berkan Demirbağ as Can
- Erkan Avcı as Ali
- Zeynep Yalçın as Serap
- Cengiz Bozkurt as Fevzi
- İdil Yener as Mükerrem
- Serhat Nalbantoğlu as İsmail
- Erdal Cindoruk as Mehmet Usta
- Sait Genay as Yaşlı
- Nisa Melis Telli as Merve
- Kürşat Alnıaçık as Doktor
- Güray Görkem as Sait
- Cem Baza as 2. Doktor
- Özgür Düşmez as Komiser
- Fatih Tavas as Sahildeki Genç
- Burak Efe as Can
- Hayrettin Ege Mühür as Mükerrem
- Eren Kırkıl as Mükerrem
- Havva Seziş as Temizlikçi Kadın
- music by Tamer Çıray
- genre: Drama
- released on
- read more about Can (film)
- "Can!" a.k.a. "Can" is a 2007 romance drama film written by Müberra Durgut, Oguz Eruzun and Serdar Tantekin and directed by Oguz Eruzun.
- starring: Tuğçe Kazaz as Can
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Can!" a.k.a. "Can" is a 2010 short film directed and produced by Arshad khan.
Can! a.k.a. Beverage can: A beverage can is a metal container designed to hold a fixed portion of liquid such as carbonated soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, fruit juices, teas, herbal teas, energy drinks, etc. Beverage cans are made of aluminium or tin-plated steel. Worldwide production for all beverage cans is approximately 475 billion cans per year worldwide, 52 billion per year in Europe.
- also known as Can
- Can! a.k.a. NACSO: The Namibian Association of Community Based Natural Resource Management Support Organisations is an association comprising 15 Non-Government Organisations and the University of Namibia. The purpose of NACSO is to provide quality services to rural communities seeking to manage and utilize their natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- also known as CAN, CBNRM Association of Namibia, Namibian Association of Community Based Natural Resource Management Support Organisations, Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations, Namibian Association of Community Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) Support Organisations
- Can! a.k.a. argP is a gene.
- Can! a.k.a. can is a gene.
- Can! a.k.a. The Chambri language is spoken by the Chambri people of Papua New Guinea. Spellings in the older anthropological literature include Tchambuli, Tshamberi.
- also known as Tchambuli, Tshamberi
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a print ad.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad, created by Ames Scullin O'Haire for Georgia Gives.
- award: - Telly Award for Local TV & Local Cable Commercial - Fund Raising and Appeals, received by Ames Scullin O'Haire
- Can! a.k.a. can is a genomic locus.
- Can! a.k.a. Can is a file format.
- Can! a.k.a. nucleoporin 214kDa is a gene.
- also known as nuclear pore complex protein Nup214; OTTHUMP00000064563; CAN protein, putative oncogene; p250; nucleoporin 214kD (CAIN)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for CAN!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about CAN!
My parents- I can chide; can you?
My children- I can scold; can you?
My wife-I can rule; can you?
My religion- I can ride; can you?
When you do I become their part.
19.09.2007 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about can!...
Anagrams of CAN!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of CAN!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of CAN! to see it in context!