Cab appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- bacon, no cab
- Backlist a fat silk cab.
- No cab, no tuna nut on bacon.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cab:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cab
- Definition of the verb cab
- Phrases with Cab
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cab
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cab
- Photos about Cab
- Videos about Cab
- Sign language
- Quotes about Cab
- Scrabble value of C3A1B3
- Anagrams of CAB
- Share this page
The word cab is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cab
What does cab mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cabs
- a compartment at the front of a motor vehicle or locomotive where driver sits
- small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and a folding hood
- a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cab: hack / taxi / taxicab
- more generic words: auto / automobile / car / machine / motorcar = a motor vehicle with four wheels
- more specific terms:
- member of: fleet = group of motor vehicles operating together under the same ownership
Definition of the verb cab
What does cab mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: cabbed | cabbing | cabs
- ride in a taxicab
- Cab a.k.a. Čab is a village and municipality in the Nitra District in western central Slovakia, in the Nitra Region.
- part of Slovakia
- Cab a.k.a. Cabinda Airport is an airport serving Cabinda, a city in the Cabinda province, an exclave of Angola.
- part of Angola
Who is Cab?
Cab a.k.a. Steve Caballero is a professional skateboarder and musician. Caballero is known for the difficult tricks and air variations he invented for vertical skating and for setting the long-standing record for the highest air achieved on a halfpipe. In 1999, Thrasher Magazine named Caballero the "Skater of the Century".
- read more about Steve Caballero
CAB is a jazz fusion supergroup founded by Bunny Brunel, Dennis Chambers, and Tony MacAlpine. Since their formation in 2000, they have released four studio albums and two live albums. Their second album, CAB 2, received a nomination for Best Contemporary Jazz Album at the 2002 Grammy Awards. Other members who have been a part of CAB include Patrice Rushen, Virgil Donati, David Hirschfelder, and Brian Auger.
- also known as Tony MacAlpine, Bunny Brunel, Dennis Chambers & Brian Auger; Tony Macalpine, Bunny Brunel, Dennis Chambers
- genres: Jazz fusion, Instrumental rock
- albums: "CAB4", "CAB 2", "CAB", "Theatre De Marionnettes", "Live On Sunset"
- official website: www.cabband.com
Cab is a fictional character from the 1981 tv film The Private History of a Campaign That Failed.
- "Cab" is a song written and recorded by the American rock band Train. It was released in November 2005 as the lead single from the band's fourth studio album, For Me, It's You, and produced by Brendan O'Brien. It peaked higher on the charts than the two other radio singles from the album, "Give Myself to You" and "Am I Reaching You Now".
- "CAB": CAB is the self-titled first studio album by the band CAB, released on March 7, 2000 through Tone Center Records.
- "CAB" is a musical album of Mario Canonge.
- released on
- "Cab" is a 2005 single album by Train.
- released on (10 years ago)
- The cab, crew compartment or driver's compartment of a locomotive, or a self propelled rail vehicle, is the part of the locomotive, or of the self-propelled rail vehicle, housing the train driver or engineer, the fireman or driver's assistant, and the controls necessary for the locomotive's, or self-propelled rail vehicle's, operation.
- Cab a.k.a. Garifuna Language: Garifuna is a member of the Arawakan language family albeit an atypical one since, 1 it is spoken outside of the Arawakan language area which is confined to the northern parts of South America, and 2 because it contains an unusually high number of loanwords, from both Carib and a number of European languages, attesting to an extremely tumultuous past involving warfare, migration and colonization. The language was once confined to the Antillean island of St. Vincent and Dominica, but due to twists of fate its speakers landed on Mainland Honduras from where the language has since spread south to Nicaragua and north to Guatemala and Belize. In later years a large number of Garifuna people has settled in a great number of larger US cities, presumably as part of a more general pattern of north bound migration.
- also known as Central American Carib, Caribe, Black Carib, Garifuna, Garífuna
- Cab a.k.a. Caballerial, Full Cab or Cab, was originally a skateboarding trick performed in a half pipe, but has now been adopted to other terrains and is also performed in snowboarding. It is a fakie backside 360 ollie, or in snowboarding, a switch frontside 360. The Caballerial was named after professional skateboarder Steve Caballero, who invented the trick in 1981, originally doing the trick backside.
- read more about Caballerial
- Cab is a fictional character from the Transformers series introduced in 1988. He is a kid character in the Japanese anime series Transformers: Super-God Masterforce.
- Cab a.k.a. integrin beta 4 binding protein is a gene.
- also known as p27 beta-4 integrin-binding protein, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3A, B4 integrin interactor, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 6
- Cab a.k.a. neural proliferation, differentiation and control, 1 is a gene.
Phrases with Cab
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cab
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Euclide's Elements (1751)
the whole fifteen books compendiously demonstrated: with Archimede's Theorems of the sphere and cylinder, investigated by the method of indivisibles. Also, Euclide's Data, and A brief treatise [added by Flussas] of regular solids by Euclid, Archimedes, John Barrow, François de Foix Candale (comte de)
Forasmuch as the triangle CAB is an Oxi- gonium triangle, and the perpendicular AD being drawn, the squares of CA and CB are equal (/) to the square of t 13. 5. AB with twice the rectangle of CB and CD ; adding therefore the common double ...
A Scripture Herbal (1842)
by Maria Callcott
* A cab is a measure equal to three English 130 ...
by Patrick Bolton, Frederic Samama
Ths CAB is a relatively simple instrument. In particular, it is relatively straightforward to value using standard option pricing tools. The main diffi ulty in valuing this instrument relates to the combined options the issuer has to both call the bond ...
by Don Goodsell
cab (1) Compartment occupied by the driver, particularly of a commercial vehicle. (2) A taxi (informal). cab-alongside-engine Vehicle ...
by Konstantinos D. Kerameus
In an interesting modern case, two taxi-cab operators who had been using, without assent, the plaintiff's taxi-cab franchise and services (office telephone, cab stand, etc.) ...
Cobb's Abridgment of J. Walker's Critical Pronouncing Dictionary, and Expositor of the English Language, Carefully Compiled from the London Quarto Editions, Published Under the Inspection of the Author; in which Mr. Walker's Principles of Orthography and Pronunciation are Strictly Followed ... to which are Prefixed Concise Principles of Pronunciation, and Rules for Accentuation and the Division of Words: with an Appendix, Containing a Class of Words which are in Common Use in this Country, and Not Found in Walker's Dictionary (1841)
Particularly Designed for the Use of Schools by John Walker, Lyman Cobb
Cab, kâb, s. a Hebrew measure, containing about three pints. Ca bal, kâ-bAl', s. the secret science of the Hebrew rabbins; a body of men united in some close design ; intrigue : v. n. to form close intrigues. Ca hal ling, kâ-bâl' ling, par. Ca hall ...
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
CA See cab-to-axle dimension. CAA See Clean Air Act. CAAA See Clean Air Act Amendments. CAB See Civil Aeronautics Board. cab (1) That portion of the superstructure designed to be occupied by the crew operating a locomotive. (2) The ...
by Jeff Breitenstein
C-cab n. Any HOT ROD, STREET ROD, or SHOW car based on a traditional C- CAB commercial vehicle body or facsimile thereof. The general C-CAB body style was employed by a broad range of manufacturers from the 1900s to the 1920s in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cab
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cab
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mrsmullerauh
Photo credit: illustir
Photo credit: aurélien.
inside London taxi
Photo credit: AESanfacon
Photo credit: mrsmullerauh
Photo credit: zimpenfish
Photo credit: kellybdc
- Farmer Stepping into Cab
If used, credit must be given to the United Soybean Board or the Soybean Checkoff.
Photo credit: UnitedSoybeanBoard
- Prius cab
Photo credit: Aaron Gustafson
- Mack Truck Cab
An old and deteriorating tractor-trailer cab.
Photo credit: Me in ME
- Yellow Cab
Photo credit: Simon Gorny
- Black London Cab
Photo credit: jtbarrett
- Yellow Cab
Photo credit: AJ Batac
- Yellow Cab
Photo credit: divya_
- Yellow Cab
Photo credit: AJ Batac
- POP CAB
Photo credit: Iain Farrell
- HST Cab
A close up of the controls of 43317.
Photo credit: dsm99
- Yellow Cab
Photo credit: AJ Batac
- NYC cab
Photo credit: angela n.
- D1 / cab
ils sont ronds ils sont beaux
Photo credit: Zoolette DesBois
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cab
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cab Meaning
Video shows what cab means. A taxi; a taxicab.. Compartment at the front of a truck or train for the driver. Shelter at the top of an air traffic control tower or fire ...
- FORD F250/F350 EXTENDED CAB SEAT COVER EXPLANATION 02-06
This video explains the colors and stitching pattern of a 2002-2006 Ford F250/F350 Extended Cab Leather seat cover. If you have any questions about this seat ...
- CAB Effect: the explanation of behavior!
- Hackney cab Meaning
Video shows what hackney cab means. Originally a carriage pulled by a hackney horse, available for public hire.. Currently a motorised vehicle available for ...
- Gypsy cab Meaning
Video shows what gypsy cab means. An unlicensed taxi, especially in the North East of the United States.. Gypsy cab Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Rich Lewis with Toyota standard cab pickup to extended cab conversion explanation
Rich Lewis with Toyota standard cab pickup to extended cab conversion explanation.
- CAB Explanation of Votes Tuesday10 11 2013 ML
- CAB Explanation of Votes Wednesday 11 11 2013 ML
- 01 FORD F250 EXTENDED CAB SEAT COVER EXPLANATION
This video explains the stitching pattern and colors of a 2001 Ford F250 Extended Cab seat cover. If you have any questions about this cover or any other seat ...
- How to install a MUI language CAB file in Windows 10 Build 9926-10525
MUI language CAB file Windows 10 Build 10525 Language Pack ...
- Alberta oil field trucking description of oil loading operation in cab view
basics of loading crude oil.
- "How To Learn A Foreign Language" Rob Still, Dave Durham Cab Ride
- Poems for Life - Race against Dictionary - C - 1st word - Cab
See also the pronunciation examples of Cab!
HORUS TAXI CAB COMPANY LLC (American Sign Language)
Durham Taxi Service Biggest Fleet and First Choice ... Durham's Best is always ready to meet your transportation needs. Call or make a reservation online to ...
Quotes about Cab
Scrabble value of C3A1B3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CAB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cab!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cab to see it in context!