Cad appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Evil - a diamond, a cad - no maid alive!
- Mars UFOs told a case: "he’s a cad lots of us ram."
- Now did a cadet relax if a fix alerted a cad I’d won?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cad:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cad
What does cad mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- cad: cads
- CAD: -
- someone who is morally reprehensible
- software used in art and architecture and engineering and manufacturing to assist in precision drawing
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of CAD: computer-aided design
- more generic terms: computer software / package / software / software package / software program / software system = written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory
Alternative definition of the noun cad
- A person who stands at the door of an omnibus to open and shut it, and to receive fares; an idle hanger-on about innyards.
- A low-bred, presuming person; a mean, vulgar fellow, a seducer.
- Cad a.k.a. Cadel Evans: Cadel Lee Evans AM is an Australian professional racing cyclist and winner of the 2011 Tour de France. Early in his career, Evans was a champion mountain biker, winning the World Cup in 1998 and 1999 and placing seventh in the men's cross-country mountain bike race at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.
- read more about Cadel Evans
- Cad a.k.a. Mehcad Brooks: Mehcad Jason McKinley Brooks is an American actor and former fashion model. He is known for his roles as Matthew Applewhite in the second season of ABC's hit series Desperate Housewives, Jerome in The Game, and his leading role as Terrance "TK" King in the USA series Necessary Roughness from 2011 until the series' cancellation in 2013.
- read more about Mehcad Brooks (actor)
- Cad a.k.a. Čad is a musical group.
- albums: "Split EP", "Čertova kovadlina", "Ťažký kov"
- CAD a.k.a. Ctrl-Alt-Del is an alternative rock band from Poland.
- read more about Ctrl-Alt-Del
- Cad is a fictional character from the 2014 film Planes: Fire & Rescue.
- Cad is a fictional character from the 2007 film Underdog.
- Cad Lackey is Simon Bar Sinister's partner in crime. He was voiced by Ben Stone in the animated series. In the movie, he was portrayed by Patrick Warburton.
"CAD" is a book by Glen Mullineux.
- also known as "CAD: computational concepts and methods"
Cad a.k.a. Wexford County Airport is a general aviation airport located 2 miles north of the city of Cadillac in Wexford County, Michigan, USA.
- Cad a.k.a. The Canadian dollar is the currency of Canada. It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or sometimes C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- also known as Loonie
- official website: www.mint.ca
- CAD a.k.a. Ctrl+Alt+Del is a gaming-related webcomic and animated series written by Tim Buckley. The name of the comic refers to the Windows command Control-Alt-Delete. Premiering on October 23, 2002, the comic's focus has gradually shifted away from single strip gags towards longer story arcs and greater continuity through the use of video game references.
- read more about Ctrl+Alt+Del
- CAD is a gene which encodes several enzymes involved in pyrimidine biosynthesis. De-novo synthesis starts with cytosolic carbamoylphosphate synthetase II which uses glutamine, carbon dioxide and 2 ATP. This enzyme is inhibited by UTP.
- CAD: The simple-station CAD is part of the TransMilenio mass-transit system of Bogotá, Colombia, opened in the year 2000.
- Cad a.k.a. Caddo Language: Caddo is the only surviving Southern Caddoan language of the Caddo language family. It is spoken by the Caddo Nation of Oklahoma. Today, only 25 elderly speakers are estimated to remain, none of whom are monolingual Caddo speakers, making Caddo a critically endangered language. There are several mutually intelligible dialects of Caddo; some of the more prominent dialects include Kadohadacho, Hasinai, Hainai, Natchitoches, and Yatasi. Today, the most commonly used dialects are Hasinai and Hainai. Caddo is linguistically related to the members of the Northern Caddoan language family; these include the Pawnee-Kitsai languages and the Wichita language. Kitsai is now extinct, and Pawnee, Arikara, and Wichita each have fewer surviving speakers than Caddo does. Another language, Adai, is postulated to have been a Caddoan language while it was extant, but because of scarce resources and the language’s extinct status, this connection is not conclusive, and Adai is generally considered a language isolate.
- also known as Caddoe, Kadohadacho, Kado
- cad is a gene.
- Cad is a file format.
- Cad a.k.a. beta-1,4-N-acetyl-galactosaminyl transferase 2 is a gene.
- also known as betal,4 GalNAcT/Sda-GalNAcT, UDP-GalNAc:Neu5Acalpha2-3Galbeta-R beta1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, other literature symbol GALGT2, beta 1,4 N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, Sda beta1,4GalNAc transferase
- Cad a.k.a. DNA fragmentation factor, 40kDa, beta polypeptide (caspase-activated DNase) is a gene.
- also known as DNA fragmentation factor, 40 kD, beta polypeptide (caspase-activated DNase); caspase-activated DNase; caspase-activated nuclease; DNA fragmentation factor, 40 kD, beta polypeptide; caspase-activated deoxyribonuclease; DNA fragmentation factor, 40 kD, beta subunit
- Cad a.k.a. carbamoyl-phosphate synthetase 2, aspartate transcarbamylase, and dihydroorotase is a gene.
- also known as carbamoylphosphate synthetase 2/aspartate transcarbamylase/dihydroorotase, CAD trifunctional protein, multifunctional protein CAD
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
CAD Management (2012)
The Definitive Guide to Systems Set-Up, Maintenance and Efficiency by Katherine Panchyk, Richard Panchyk
SUMMARY CAD is the result of a long road of technological innovations and common sense. Though some may still be...
Pacemakers by Tom Kenny
CAD is an ischemic heart disease.
CAD is the main cause of arrhythmias that lead patients to get a pacemaker (or other implanted rhythm management device, such as a...
by Cheryl Passanisi
CAD is a distinct disease apart from the aging process. CAD develops over many years. Younger people with minimal narrowing of the arteries may not notice any symptoms. But as a person ages and the disease progresses, the narrowing ...
Blueprints Cardiology (2006)
by Eric Awtry, Cathy Jeon, Molly G. Ware
CAD is the leading cause of death in the United States, accounting for half of the nearly one million deaths resulting from...
CAD is a progressive degenerative process that begins in childhood and manifests itself in middle to late adulthood as ...
(summary of a Symposium) by Federal Construction Council
CAD is an individual specialist's one-person tool, and requires subsequent hand- off of the product to other specialists. In that sense, it inhibits partnering during conceptual design and use of it inherently promotes stove-piping within the project ...
by Catherine Ingram Fogel, PhD, RNC, FAAN, Nancy Fugate Woods, PhD, RN, FAAN
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is a well-studied example of differences in treatment related to gender. CAD is the leading cause of death in women. Men's risk is greater at younger ages, but at older ages, gender difference in risk disappears ...
CAD is a multifunctional protein that catalyzes the first three reactions in de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis, a pathway essential for cell division and proliferation.
Emergency Medicine (2008)
Avoiding the Pitfalls and Improving the Outcomes by Amal Mattu, Deepi G. Goyal
Cervical artery dissection (CAD) is a rare condition. Failure to recognize it can lead to subsequent devastating neurologic impairment from ischemic or thrombotic events. Unlike aortic dissection, CAD is a disease predominantly of the young ...
by Parveen Kumar, Michael L Clark
CAD is the largest single cause of death in the UK and many parts of the ...
The practice of navigation and nautical astronomy. [With] Tables [and] Supplement to the first ed (1870)
Take any point D in A T, and join C D ; then since CAD is a right angle, CD A is less than a right angle (No.
An A to Z Guide to Hardware, Software, and Cyberspace
CAD Abbreviation of computer-aided design. The use of computer programs and systems to design detailed two- or three-dimensional models of physical objects, such as mechanical parts, buildings, and molecules. Many CAD systems allow ...
Encyclopedia of Geography (2010)
by Barney Warf
drafting (CAD) systems are used to produce maps, diagrams, drawings, plans, and charts. CAD systems are to maps and graphics what word processing packages are to the written word: an easier, digital method ...
by Jack R. Greene
Computer-aided dispatching (CAD) systems were developed in the 1960s as part of the first major wave of police department...
By the late 1990s CAD systems were used to a lesser extent by sheriff's offices and local police departments.
by Karen Kemp
Computer-aided drafting (CAD) is an automated system designed to efficiently and accurately create and display graphic entities at a high level of precision, primarily for use in architecture, engineering, and mechanical design. It is important to ...
The Dictionary of English Inflected Words, with the Syllabication of All the Words According to a System Founded on Well-defined Principles (1877)
And the System of Syllabication as Applied to Poetry and the Scansion of Verse. Forming Part II of The Handy English Word Book by James Stormonth
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cad
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jplille
Photo credit: valakirka
Photo credit: The Concept Farm
Photo credit: Varela ©
Photo credit: Yuichiro Haga
Photo credit: hslphotosync
- Mechanical Engineering CAD
Team UK Selection- North Warwickshire and Hinckley, Nuneaton Campus.
Dennis Godwin (Canada) - Mechanical Engineering CAD
Photo credit: WorldSkills UK
- XO Simple Cad iso mostly closed
Photo credit: computercolin
- XO Simple Cad back render
Photo credit: computercolin
- XO Simple Cad mostly closed render
Photo credit: computercolin
- XO Simple Cad side mostly closed render
Photo credit: computercolin
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cad
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cad Meaning
Video shows what cad means. A person who stands at the door of an omnibus to open and shut it, and to receive fares; an idle hanger-on about innyards.
- CAD Model Based Definition with TransMagic
CAD Model Based Definition (MBD) allows acquisition of vital design information from the model itself. TransMagic can read and write Product and ...
- A brief explanation of 3D CAD modeling concepts and terms
- Elite CAD Material definition
EliteCAD is professional 3D planning software package for architects, town planners and interior designers. The AR version allows you to plan several buildings ...
- DENTAL CAD Tutorial Lesson 4 - ARC JAW DEFINITION
- Cad Bane that Bounty Hunter beyond explanation
- CAD Management Topics: Language Packs
Robert Green describes how to download and install language packs for AutoCAD 2013.
- #04 Domingo CAD - Prof. Daniel Severino (Language Pack p/ Revit)
04 Domingo CAD - Prof. Daniel Severino Site Autodesk Language Pack: ...
- MicroSurvey CAD - Upgrade Tour 2014 - Description Search
You can now select points by description in the Active Coordinate Editor. Includes options for case-sensitivity and matching the entire description.
- CAD plus A&B Course Description
West Ottawa High School CAD+ A&B Course Description.
- USD/CAD Analysis & Trading Plan, January 23rd 2013 (English Language)
- USD/CAD weekly review, week starting Oct 7th 2012 (English Language)
View more videos about Cad/cam.
See also the pronunciation examples of Cad!
Quotes about Cad
First, I'd like to see the basic tools such as compilers, debuggers, profilers, database interfaces, GUI builders, CAD tools, and so forth fully support the ISO standard. (Bjarne Stroustrup)
more quotes about cad...
Scrabble value of C3A1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cad!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cad to see it in context!