Caesar appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Draw, O Caesar, erase a coward.
- Wash Caesar, ere I lionise dudes in oilier eras each saw.
- Devil’s flesh, Caesar, even stifles tin or iron itself; it’s never as each self’s lived.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun caesar
- Phrases with Caesar
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caesar
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caesar
- Photos about Caesar
- Videos about Caesar
- Quotes about Caesar
- Scrabble value of C3A1E1S1A1R1
- Anagrams of CAESAR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun caesar
What does caesar mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- caesar: caesars
- Caesar: Caesars
- conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC)
- United States comedian who pioneered comedy television shows (born 1922)
Alternative definition of the noun caesar
- A title of Roman emperors.
- A Caesar salad.
- [Canada] A cocktail made from clamato (clam-tomato juice), vodka, and often garnished with celery, a Bloody Caesar.
- Caesar a.k.a. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States, serving from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the United States through its Civil War—its bloodiest war and its greatest moral, constitutional and political crisis. In doing so, he preserved the Union, abolished slavery, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the economy.
- read more about Abraham Lincoln
- Caesar a.k.a. Julius Caesar: Gaius Julius Caesar was a Roman general, statesman, Consul, and notable author of Latin prose. He played a critical role in the events that led to the demise of the Roman Republic and the rise of the Roman Empire. In 60 BC, Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey formed a political alliance that was to dominate Roman politics for several years. Their attempts to amass power through populist tactics were opposed by the conservative ruling class within the Roman Senate, among them Cato the Younger with the frequent support of Cicero. Caesar's victories in the Gallic Wars, completed by 51 BC, extended Rome's territory to the English Channel and the Rhine. Caesar became the first Roman general to cross both when he built a bridge across the Rhine and conducted the first invasion of Britain.
- also known as Gaius Julius Caesar, Júlio César, Caio Julio César, Gaio Giulio Cesare, Caius Iulius Caii filius Caii nepos Caesar Imperator, Jules César
- born in 0099 B.C. (2115 years ago) in Rome, child of Gaius Julius Caesar and Aurelia Cotta
- nationality: Roman Republic
- profession: Politician, author
- parent of
- died in 0043-03-15 B.C. (2059 years ago) in Theatre of Pompey of assassination, tyrannicide, stabbing
- written works: "De Bello Hispaniensi", "Commentarii de Bello Civili", "De Bello Alexandrino", "De Bello Africo", "Commentarii de Bello Gallico", "Caesar's expeditions to Britain", "C. Julii Cæsaris De bello Gallico, primi quatuor libri commentariorum", "The commentaries ... of his wars in Gallia; and the civil wars betwixt him and Pompey", "The Gallic wars", "Observations vpon Caesars comentaries", "The War Commentaries of Caesar", "Caesar's Commentaires on the Gallic war", "Caesar.", "The Civil war", "The commentaries", "The conquest of Gaul", "The commentaries of C. Julius Caesar", "Cæsar's Gallic war", "The eyght bookes of Caius Iulius Cæsar", "An open door to Caesar.", "Julius Caesar", "Vikings Irish Annals"
- Caesar a.k.a. Derek Michaels is a former actor in gay pornography. He launched his own production company "CaesarWorld Productions" in 2006. He was born in Elkhart, Indiana and identifies himself as "sexual" rather than any particular sexual orientation. Following his retirement from adult entertainment, Michaels relocated to Chicago, IL., where he is now a certified personal trainer.
- read more about Derek Michaels
- Caesar a.k.a. Caesar Gonsalves: Caesar is a choreographer.
- read more about Caesar Gonsalves (actor)
- Caesar was an English cricketer recorded as having made one first-class appearance for Kent in the County Championship of 1828. Caesar played a single innings in his only appearance, scoring 47 runs against Surrey at Godalming starting on September 16. Kent took an innings victory so Caesar, who came in at number nine in the batting order, only batted once.
- nationality: England
- profession: Athlete
- Caesar is an actor and screenwriter.
- profession: Actor, screenwriter
- read more about Caesar (actor)
- Caesar was a Dutch indie rock trio from Amsterdam, consisting of Roald van Oosten, Marit de Loos and Sem Bakker. The band was founded in 1994. Caesar released four studio albums, plus one retrospective release in 2006, Before My Band Explodes. The band was stopped in 2008. They were named for Julius Caesar who is famous for being a Roman Dictator.
- genres: Alternative rock, Indie rock
- albums: "Clean", "I Took It Home", "No Rest for the Alonely", "Situations Complications", "Before My Head Explodes", "Leaving Sparks", "Caesar", "Before My Band Explodes", "The Stellar Road EP", "Night of the Living Caesar", "Sex, Drugs & Strips", "No Reply"
- Caesar is a progressive metal band from Russia.
- album: "Rubicon"
- official website: www.caesar-band.ru
Caesar is a record label.
- Caesar was a Wire Fox Terrier owned by King Edward VII. He was bred in the kennels of Kathleen, Duchess of Newcastle, and became the constant companion of the King. After the King's death in 1910, the dog attended the funeral and walked in the procession in prominence ahead of nine kings and other heads of state. Caesar has been the subject of paintings, and a hand crafted hardstone model created by the House of Fabergé.
- died in (102 years ago)
- Caesar: The Piest Family German Shepherd dog.
- Caesar is a Lion.
- zoo: Bowmanville Zoo
- Caesar a.k.a. Julius Caesar: Gaius Julius Caesar is a historical figure who features as a character in the HBO/BBC2 original television series Rome, played by Irish actor Ciarán Hinds. The real Gaius Julius Caesar was a Roman general who seized control of the Roman government in 45 BC and laid the political foundations for the transition from the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire.
- read more about Julius Caesar
- Caesar a.k.a. Panja is a fictional character from the 1965 tv series Kimba the White Lion.
- read more about Panja
- Caesar a.k.a. Tsetzar: Tzesar Markovich is a fictional character from the book One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich and appeared in the movie One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.
- read more about Tsetzar
- Caesar is a fictional character from the Tv series Xena: Warrior Princess.
- Caesar: Milo, better known as Caesar, is a fictional character in the Planet of the Apes movie series, starting with the third film, Escape from the Planet of the Apes. He is the leader of the ape revolution in the fourth entry, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, and the ruler of Ape City in the fifth and final film, Battle for the Planet of the Apes. He was portrayed in both movies by actor Roddy McDowall, who had also played Cornelius.
- Caesar is a fictional character from Girls und Panzer.
- also known as Takako Suzuki
- Caesar is a fictional character from The Undercover Man.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1995 film Devarim.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1961 film Geliebte Hochstaplerin.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2006 film Blackbeard.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2007 film Georg.
- Caesar is a fictional character from The Five-Year Engagement.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2012 film StringCaesar.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Centurion.
- Caesar is a fictional character from Oroonoko.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1970 film The Notorious Cleopatra.
- Caesar is a fictional character from Home Field Advantage.
- Caesar is a fictional character from Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1993 action and adventure film No Escape, No Return.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Silver Case.
- Caesar is a fictional character from 1986 Japanese anime TV series Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.
- Caesar a.k.a. Cæsar is a fictional character from the 2009 film Storm.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1999 film Running Free.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2004 comedy film Party Animalz.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Broadway's Finest.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Crawlspace.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 2003 film Gods and Generals.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1940 film Road to Singapore.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the Caesar and Otto film series.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the Cannonball Run film series.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1997 film Gattaca.
- Caesar is a fictional character from the 1936 film Cain and Mabel.
- Caesar is a fictional film character.
- "Caesar": Caesar: Let the Dice Fly is the fifth historical novel in Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series.
- also known as "Caesar: let the dice fly"
- language: English Language
- genres: Historical novel, Historical fiction
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Caesar" a.k.a. "Cæsar" is a book by James Anthony Froude.
- read more about Cæsar
- "Caesar" is a book by Theodore Ayrault Dodge.
- also known as "Caesar: a history of the art of war among the Romans down to the end of the Roman empire, with a detailed account of the campaigns of Caius Julius Caesar"
- genres: Autobiography, Biography, Fiction
- subjects: History, Italy, Rome, Warfare, Military history, Ancient Rome, Military branch, World
- "Caesar" a.k.a. "Caesar." is a book written by Julius Caesar.
- also known as "Caesar. The civil wars, with an English translation by A. G. Peskett"; "Caesar: the Gallic War"; "Caesar. The civil wars"; "Caesar.: Gallic war, books I-II"; "Caesar.: Episodes from the Gallic and the civil wars"
- "Caesar" is a play by Jan Werich.
There are many other writings with this title.
- "Caesar" a.k.a. "Julius Caesar" is a 2002 mini-series about the life of Julius Caesar. It was directed by Uli Edel, and written by Peter Pruce and Craig Warner. It is a dramatization of the life of Julius Caesar through 82 BC to his death in 44 BC. It is of note that it is mostly historically accurate and being one of the last two films of the legendary Richard Harris being released in the year of his death. The series was originally broadcast on TNT, and involved location shooting in Malta and Bulgaria. Run time is 178 minutes and the DVD has a making of featurette. The slogan is His Time Has Come. It was released on DVD, in 2004 in the United States and in 2005 in the United Kingdom.
- also known as Giulio Cesare
- countries: Italy, Germany, United States of America, Netherlands
- language: English Language
- producer: Jonas Bauer
- executive producers: Guido De Angelis, Lorenzo Minoli, Giuseppe Pedersoli
- production design by Francesco Bronzi & Antonello Rubino
- art direction by Agostino Bonello
- written by Peter Pruce & Craig Warner
- Valeria Golino as Calpurnia
- Jeremy Sisto as Julius Caesar
- Christopher Walken as Marcus Portius Cato
- Chris Noth as Pompey
- David Langham as Play Actor
- Paolo Briguglia as Marcus Portius
- Heino Ferch as Vercingetorix
- Richard Harris as Lucius Cornelius Sulla
- Pamela Bowen as Aurelia
- Tobias Moretti as Gaius Cassius Longinus
- Samuela Sardo as Cleopatra
- Daniela Piazza as Cornelia Cinna minor
- casting by Paul Attard, Barbara Giordani, Jeremy Zimmermann
- cinematography by Fabio Cianchetti
- edited by Mark Conte
- music by Ruy Folguera, Carlo Siliotto
- costume design by Simonetta Leoncini
- genres: Biographical film, Historical drama, War film, Drama
- subject: Julius Caesar
- released on (13 years ago)
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound Editing - Miniseries, Movie Or A Special (For night 2) nomination for Suzanne Angel, Rick Crampton, Tim Chilton, Kevin Fisher, Mark Friedgen, Mike Dickeson, Bob Costanza, Anton Holden, Lou Thomas, Gary Macheel, Randal S. Thomas, Adriane Marfiak, Rusty Tinsley, Tim Terusa, Charles Kolander, Jill Sanders, Dave Tinsley
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Makeup - Miniseries, Movie Or A Special (Non-Prosthetic) nomination for Luigi Rocchetti & Manlio Rocchetti
- Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Long Form - Television nomination for Peter Pruce & Craig Warner
- "Caesar" a.k.a. "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is a 2011 American science fiction film directed by Rupert Wyatt and starring James Franco, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow, Brian Cox, Tom Felton, and Andy Serkis. Written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, it is 20th Century Fox's reboot of the Planet of the Apes series, intended to act as an origin story for a new series of films. Its premise is similar to the fourth film in the original series, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, but it is not a direct remake of that film.
- read more about Rise of the Planet of the Apes
"Caesar" is a city-building computer game where the player undertakes the role of a Roman governor, building ancient Roman cities.
- also known as Caesar I
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Impressions Games
- genres: City-building game, Strategy video game, Simulation video game, Real-time strategy
- publishers: Sierra Entertainment, Impressions Games
- released on (23 years ago)
- "Caesar" is a song by the English band I Blame Coco from their debut album, The Constant. Produced by Klas Åhlund, the track features Swedish singer Robyn and was released as the album's lead single on 31 January 2010. The accompanying music video, directed by directing duo Hope Audikana, was uploaded onto Island Records' official YouTube account on 17 December 2009.
- "Caesar" is a musical album of Miroslav Horníček & Jan Werich.
- "Caesar" is a musical single of Ty Segall.
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Caesar" is a composition.
- "Caesar" is a musical single of I Blame Coco.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Caesar" is a musical album of Caesar.
- released on (12 years ago)
Caesar is a village in the Mazowe West District located within the province of Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe. It is situated in the Great Dyke about 12 km south of the Mutorashanga Pass. According to the 1982 Population Census, the village had a population of 2,674. The village grew up around the Caesar Mine which is a chromite mine.
- also known as Caesar, Zimbabwe
- part of Zimbabwe
Caesar: A Caesar or Bloody Caesar is a cocktail created and primarily consumed in Canada. It typically contains vodka, Clamato, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and is served with ice in a large, celery salt-rimmed glass, typically garnished with a stalk of celery and wedge of lime.
- also known as 凱撒雞尾酒
- Caesar is a title of imperial character. It derives from the cognomen of Julius Caesar, the Roman dictator. The change from being a familial name to a title adopted by the Roman Emperors can be dated to about AD 68/69, the so-called "Year of the Four Emperors".
- also known as Caesar of the Roman Empire
- Caesar is a board wargame depicting the ancient Battle of Alesia in which Julius Caesar and his legions defeated the Gauls under Vercingetorix. Originally published as Alesia in 1971, it was redesigned and reissued by Avalon Hill in 1976. Jon Freeman called it "one of the few legends in wargaming" for its relatively simple rules that still result in a tense and suspenseful game.
- publisher: Avalon Hill
- Caesar a.k.a. Caesar! is a set of British radio plays set in ancient Rome and written by Mike Walker for the Classic Serial strand. The first series was based on Suetonius's Lives of the Caesars - later series covered later emperors.
Phrases with Caesar
Phrases starting with the word Caesar:
Phrases ending with the word Caesar:
- sid caesar
- Eumea caesar
- gaius caesar
- Julus Caesar
- Musca Caesar
- Bloody Caesar
- Buthus Caesar
- Grayia Caesar
- julius caesar
- Mimene Caesar
- Sciara caesar
- sidney caesar
- Attacus Caesar
- Chalcis Caesar
View more phrases with the word Caesar in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Caesar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John W. Woell
Consider the following two claims: “Caesar crossed the Rubicon,” and “Caesar is a prime number.
Identity and Modality (2006)
by Fraser MacBride
Caesar is a number; according to others, Caesar is not.
to determine a truth-value for the sentence 'Julius Caesar is the number ofplanets', Dummett once ...
How to Moot (2010)
A Student Guide to Mooting by John Snape, Gary Watt
Caesar is a Roman; (2) therefore, Caesar is a man. (3) The conclusion (3), is a logically valid one, as deduced from (1) and (2). Note that the factual inaccuracy of premise (1) ...
The Principles of Logic (1869)
For High Schools and Colleges by Aaron Schuyler
Caesar is a man. Each of these enthymemes is equivalent to All men are mortal. The complete syllogism. Caesar is a man_ Caesar is mortal. 24. Prosyllogism and Episyllogism. 1. Definitions.
by Max Kölbel, Bernhard Weiss
To take Carnap's example, “Caesar is a prime number,” the name “Caesar” designates a particular individual who is a member of the logical category of person. The predicate expression “is a prime number” is applicable only to members of ...
Julius Caesar (2015)
The Wisdom of Shakespeare by Peter Dawkins
by the conspirators after murdering Caesar is a complete travesty of the proclamation of the True Word.
by Paul Arblaster
Caesar refers to the Belgic Gauls as inhabiting the area bordered southwards by the Seine and the Marne, westwards by the ocean, and northwards and eastwards by the Rhine. This corresponds roughly to all of present-day Belgium and ...
Law, Politics and Power (1995)
Sallust and the Execution of the Catilinarian Conspirators by Andrew Drummond
Here Caesar is the voice of unimpassioned reason, rising above the emotions of the moment to assess the wider implications of the measures under consideration and to offer a statesmanlike counsel165 that is based not on a narrow legalism ...
Dennis Cooper began Little Caesar in Los Angeles in 1977 as a saddlestitched " punkpoetry zine," but by its sixth issue, in which a brief note about its first impetus appeared, the magazine had become the meeting place for young poets on the ...
by Diagram Group
Caesar An aristocratic Roman family name which became an imperial title. Capitol The triple religious shrine on Rome's Capitoline Hill. Celts A people dominating western and central Europe from the Bronze Age to the middle of the first ...
by W. K. McNeil
Caesar, Shirley Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa Campbell, Lucie Canaan Records Caravans Carman Carmichael, Ralph Carson, ...
by Matthew Bunson
Caesar, Lucius was soon bound for Africa, where two more allies of Pompey fell—Scipio and King Juba—at the battle of THAPSUS . At MUNDA in Spain the resistance of the Pom- peians ended, and five great triumphs were staged in ...
by John Anthony McGuckin
Julius Caesar who laid the plans for Carthage's reemergence as Colonia Junonia in 44 BCE. This strong colonial apparatus made North African Christians especially susceptible to persecution by the Roman authorities on the Italian Peninsula ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Caesar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Caesar
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Arend Vermazeren
Photo credit: revraikes
Photo credit: Ruth and Dave
Coming to visit
- Camera phone upload powered by ShoZu
Photo credit: Caomai
- Camera phone upload powered by ShoZu
Photo credit: Caomai
Photo credit: schmilblick
He's an off-duty k9 veteran dog, He's super cute, like everyone who's ready to play fetch. He is Caesar!
Photo credit: Tree Leaf Clover
Photo credit: Lachlan Hardy
- Caesar posing
Photo credit: schmilblick
- Augustus Caesar
Museum at Old Corinth
Photo credit: Espino Family
- Caesar close upp
Photo credit: schmilblick
- Caesar's, Las Vegas
Photo credit: sidewalk flying
- Meet Caesar
Photo credit: Adventures of Pam & Frank
- Caesar's Palace - Shrine
An interesting shrine at Caesar's Palace
Photo credit: jdnx
- Caesar's Palace - Statue
An interesting statue at Caesar's Palace
Photo credit: jdnx
- Caesar's Palace
The hotel of Caesar's Palace.
Photo credit: aprilandrandy
- Caesar Blurs
Photo credit: dotartdude
View more pictures about Caesar salad.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Caesar
Click on an item to play that video:
- Caesar Meaning
Video shows what Caesar means. An ancient Roman family name, notably that of Gaius Iulius Caesar.. The government; society; earthly powers.. Caesar ...
- Caesar Meaning
Video shows what caesar means. emperor, ruler, dictator. Caesar Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say caesar. Powered by ...
- Caesar's mushroom Meaning
Video shows what Caesar's mushroom means. Amanita caesarea, an edible mushroom with a distinctive orange cap.. Caesar's mushroom Meaning. How to ...
- EXPLANATION OF CAESAR CHIPER ENCRYPTION [C++]
Caesar Chiper Encryption And Decryption, One of the many encryption programs that use Caesar Chiper Tecnique for encryption and decryption. This program ...
- Caesar salad Meaning
Video shows what Caesar salad means. A type of salad, generally made from romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, coddled or hard-boiled eggs, ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Caesar!
Quotes about Caesar
Caesar: Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come. (William Shakespeare)
more quotes about caesar...
Scrabble value of C3A1E1S1A1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine