On this page:
- Definition of the noun cam
- Definition of the verb cam
- Other definitions of cam
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cam
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cam
- Photos about Cam
- Videos about Cam
- Quotes about Cam
- Scrabble value of C3A1M3
- Anagrams of CAM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cam
What does cam mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cams
- a rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion
Alternative definition of the noun cam
- A turning or sliding piece which imparts motion to a rod, lever or block brought into sliding or rolling contact with it.
- [context: rock climbing] A camming device, aspring-loaded device for effecting a temporary belay in a rock crevice.
- [informal] The shortened form of camera
Specialised definition of the noun cam
Glossary of sports / alpinism
mechanical device with protrusions which grip into a crack in the rock
Definition of the verb cam
What does cam mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: cammed | camming | cams
- To go on webcam with someone
Other definitions of cam
What does cam also mean?
- Campeche, a state of Mexico.
- Cam a.k.a. Cambodia, officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia and once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia. Its total landmass is 181,035 square kilometres, bordered by Thailand to the northwest, Laos to the northeast, Vietnam to the east, and the Gulf of Thailand to the southwest.
- also known as 柬埔寨王國, กัมพูชา, ราชอาณาจักรกัมพูชา, Kamboya, Kampuchea, Kingdom of Cambodia
- founded on (62 years ago)
- part of Asia, Southeast Asia, Eurasia, Indochina, Indochinese peninsula
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: ASEAN / Association of Southeast Asian Nations = an association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia and who joined with the United States to fight against global terrorism
- member: Kampuchean / Cambodian = a native or inhabitant of Cambodia
- read more about Cambodia (country)
- Cam is a large village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England, situated in the Cotswolds. The Cotswold Way runs less than a mile from the village. It has a boundary with the town of Dursley.
- Cam a.k.a. Camiri Airport is a public use airport located near Camiri, Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
- part of Bolivia
- CAM a.k.a. Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is a Building, Venue, Tourist attraction in Missouri, United States of America, St. Louis.
- read more about Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
- Cam a.k.a. Cam Newton: Cameron Jerrell "Cam" Newton is an American football quarterback for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League. He played college football for the Auburn Tigers in Alabama and was drafted as the first overall pick by the Panthers in the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the only player in the modern era to be awarded the Heisman Trophy, win a national championship, and become the first overall pick in the NFL draft all in the same one-year span.
- also known as Cameron Jerrell "Cam" Newton, Cameron Jerrell Newton, Cameron Newton
- born on (26 years ago) in Atlanta, child of Cecil Newton, Sr. and Jackie Newton
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: American football player, athlete
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Heisman Trophy
- nominated to Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award
- nominated to Best Male College Athlete ESPY Award
- nominated to Fantasy Player of the Year
- nominated to Pepsi Next Rookie of the Year
- NFL Honors - AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
- Pepsi Next Rookie of the Year
- nominated to NFL Play of the Year Award
- nominated to Kids’ Choice Award for Most Enthusiastic Athlete
- Cam a.k.a. DJ Cam is a French DJ. His tunes are almost entirely a hybrid of both hip-hop and jazz music, and are presented in an abstract manner. His first LP was Underground Vibes in 1994, and was revolutionary for its time, featuring familiar jazz samples and many vibe samples and heavy hip-hop influences. His second studio album was Substances, which carried on with the tradition of its predecessor. He released The Beat Assassinated in 1998, which contained cameos from underground rappers, and also released The Loa Project vol, 2 and various DJ Mixes during 98-02. In 2003, he departed his regular sound for the Soulshine LP, which featured an appearance by Gang Starr's Guru. He went back to his hip-hop roots in 2004 with Liquid Hip-Hop, in 2006, he released an iTunes exclusive Best Of compilation, featuring a new song at the end.
- read more about DJ Cam (musical artist)
- Cam a.k.a. Cammile Adams: Natalie Cammile Adams is an American competition swimmer who specializes in butterfly events. She represented the United States in the 200-meter butterfly event at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- read more about Cammile Adams
- Cam a.k.a. Cameran Eubanks is a real estate broker and tv personality.
- read more about Cameran Eubanks
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Lindsay: Cameron Melrose Lindsay is a New Zealand footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Auckland City FC in the ASB Premiership.
- read more about Cameron Lindsay
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Watson is an American actor, screenwriter, and director, best known for playing Bart Fallmont in the TV miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion.
- read more about Cameron Watson (actor)
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Ciraldo is an Italian Australian former professional rugby league footballer. He previously played for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Newcastle Knights and Penrith Panthers in the National Rugby League. His position of choice was in the second row but he can also play lock.
- read more about Cameron Ciraldo
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron McCarthy: Cameron "Cam" McCarthy is an Australian rules footballer, who plays for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League. He was recruited from the South Fremantle Football Club with pick 14 in the 2013 AFL Draft.
- read more about Cameron McCarthy
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Adams is an actress.
- read more about Cameron Adams (actress)
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Oliver is an American football wide receiver for the Houston Cougars.
- read more about Cameron Oliver
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Quiseng: Cameron Michael Quiseng is the bass guitarist for the disney pop/rock boy band, Allstar Weekend.
- read more about Cameron Quiseng
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Glendenning is a television producer and cinematographer.
- read more about Cameron Glendenning (cinematographer)
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron M. Brown is an actor.
- read more about Cameron M. Brown (actor)
- Cam is the brother of American football player Jevius Terry.
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Laing is a member of the musical group, Amy Meredith.
- read more about Cameron Laing
- Cam a.k.a. Richard Cameron White is a screenwriter, film director, film producer and film editor.
- read more about Richard Cameron White (film director)
- Cam a.k.a. Cam España is a film score composer.
- read more about Cam España
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Hunter is a rapper.
- read more about Cameron Hunter
CAM is a record label.
- also known as C.A.M
- official website: www.camoriginalsoundtracks.com
- Cam a.k.a. Camille Saroyan: Dr. Camille Saroyan, M.D. is a fictional character in the American television series, Bones. She is portrayed by Tamara Taylor. Camille was introduced as a forensic pathologist in Season 2, Episode 1, "The Titan on the Tracks", as the head of the Forensic Division, a new division formed during the summer of 2006.
- read more about Camille Saroyan
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2014 film Tracers.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2007 film Good Luck Chuck.
- Cam is a fictional character from 21.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2010 film She's Out of My League.
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Briel is a fictional character from the book Fallen.
- read more about Cameron Briel
- Cam a.k.a. Camryn Barnes: Camryn Elizabeth "Cam or Cami" Barnes is a fictional character and one of the two main characters from the popular book series by H. B. Gilmour and Randi Reisfeld called T*Witches.
- read more about Camryn Barnes
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2012 film Fags After Dark.
- Cam is a fictional character from Seeds.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2007 film Yeah No Definitely.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2005 movie The Big White.
- Cam is a fictional character from Taps.
- CAM is a fictional character from THX 1138.
- Cam is the fictional character from the 2010 film Long thanh cam gia ca.
- Cam is a fictional character in the computer animated action adventure TV series American Dad!.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2011 film Forever and a Day.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2009 film Adrift.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2002 drama film Me thao - Thoi vang bong.
- Cam is a fictional character from Jumpy.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2010 film SubHysteria.
- Cam is a fictional character played by Kisha Batista in 2007 film Blackout.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 2013 film A Hot Mess.
- Cam is a fictional character from the tv series Young & Hungry.
- Cam is a fictional character from the 1997 film Mean Guns.
- Cam is a fictional film character.
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Caleigh is a fictional character from the book The Secret of Crickley Hall, appearing in the series of the same title.
- read more about Cameron Caleigh
- Cam: A cam is a rotating or sliding piece in a mechanical linkage used especially in transforming rotary motion into linear motion or vice-versa. It is often a part of a rotating wheel or shaft that strikes a lever at one or more points on its circular path. The cam can be a simple tooth, as is used to deliver pulses of power to a steam hammer, for example, or an eccentric disc or other shape that produces a smooth reciprocating motion in the follower, which is a lever making contact with the cam.
- also known as 凸轮
- Cam: A cam is a bootleg recording of a film. Unlike the more common DVD rip or screener recording methods which involve the duplication of officially distributed media, cam versions are original clandestine recordings made in movie theaters.
- also known as 枪碟
- Cam a.k.a. Cemuhî Language: Cemuhî is an Oceanic language spoken on the island of New Caledonia, in the area of Poindimié and Touho.
- also known as Camuki, Tyamuhi, Wagap, Camuhi, Cèmuhî language
- CAM is a website.
- also known as Airport Code CAM, CAM Airport Code, Camiri Airport
- CaM a.k.a. Calmodulin I is a protein.
- read more about Calmodulin I
- Cam is a website.
- official website: stateofnevada.info/people/Cam
- Cam is a file format.
- Cam a.k.a. Cameron Nimmo is an organization founder.
- read more about Cameron Nimmo
- Cam a.k.a. KRIT1, ankyrin repeat containing is a gene.
- also known as ankyrin repeat-containing protein Krit1, krev interaction trapped 1, cerebral cavernous malformations 1
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Initiation and Control of Gait from First Principles: A Mathematically Animated Model of the Foot (2010)
by Craig Nevin
METATARSAL CAM The cam is a 2D object, which has been visualized by projecting it from frames P and M onto...
The cam is an imaginary object that fits in the first metatarsal space and replaces the two bones and the intervening joint ...
Probing Photosynthesis (2000)
Mechanism, Regulation & Adaptation by Mohammad Yunus, Uday Pathre, Prasanna Mohanty
CAM is a phenomenon used ro describe a specific series of biochemical evenrs which occur in many succulenr planrs.
by Susan G. Kornstein, Anita H. Clayton
DEFINITIONS, BELIEFS AND CHALLENGES CAM refers to treatments that are not considered standard or...
IFIP International Conference, NPC 2004, Wuhan, China, October 18-20, 2004. Proceedings by Hai Jin, Guangrong Gao, Zhiwei Xu, Hao Chen
The CAM is an efficient content aggregation system designed to be a base for many WSS's. Using the CAM, a service...
First, the CAM is a source data caching system along with basic data processing capabilities. It caches data in the form of ...
Parts and Modifications for High Performance Street and Racing by Isaac Martin
After the cam is the remainder of the valvetrain, which includes lifters, pushrods, rocker arms, retainers, valve locks, springs and valves. The forces these...
The terms are applicable whether the cam is a hydraulic, flat tappet or roller camshaft.
by Stephen F. Krar, Arthur Gill
CAM is a rapidly-spreading technology, linking the programming abilities of the modern computer to material processing CNC machines, lathes, mills, grinders, and punches. CAD/CAM is the entire process of the art to part concept. It covers ...
A 12-Volume Set
common,isfor CAM tobe provided inhospitals and community settings through dedicated service initiatives. Meanwhile, a numberof large companies selling herbal supplements,or with chainsof outlets, represent the involvement ofmuch bigger ...
by Abiola Irele
organization like CAM. CAM also failed to develop in Jamaica because its activities were already being provided by the University of the West Indies (UWI), especially on the Mona campus. The political climate in the island, coupled with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cam
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cmroberts_wfu
Photo credit: Gunnar Wrobel
Photo credit: yonolatengo
- Security cam
Photo credit: Retinafunk
- Cam reflection
Photo credit: Arenamontanus
- Night Cam
A night shot of the Cam. Taken with the compact camera. Might revisit this too with proper camera.
Photo credit: Harlequeen
- Freyja + Cam+
Photo credit: r3v || cls
- CEREVO CAM
Photo credit: まっしろあねも
- Trail Cam
Raccoon JR. Uploaded by SA
Photo credit: vastateparksstaff
- CEREVO CAM
Photo credit: まっしろあねも
- Exhaust Cam
Photo credit: BrownGuacamole
- Yay Cam!
Photo credit: betsywatters
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cam
Click on an item to play that video:
- HMTToTT Cam's Meaning of Flowers Pink Rose
Pink Rose means "thoughtfulness".
- DB8 - Cam and Kathleen discuss the entomology and logical definition of "bootylicious"
- HMTToTT Cam's Meaning of Flowers Red Rose
Red Rose means "love". You chose the right flower Cam *-*
- HMTToTT Cam's Meaning of Flowers Blue Rose
Blue Rose means "good luck"
- HMTToTT Cam's Meaning of Flowers Orange Blossoms
Orange Blossoms mean "generosity"
- BMW s1000rr Cam Chain Tensioner Removal and Explanation of Parts
This 2010 BMW S1000rr has a two second rattle on start up. This video will show you where the cam chain tensioner is located, how to remove the tensioner and ...
- CAM Meaning
Video shows what CAM means. Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Common Area Maintenance. computer-aided manufacturing. CAM Meaning. How to ...
- Cam Meaning
Video shows what cam means. A turning or sliding piece which imparts motion to a rod, lever or block brought into sliding or rolling contact with it.. A curved ...
- TopSolid'Cam machine definition - step 1 - import directly into cam file and define layers
- Building Vocabulary (SMART Notebook, Doc Cam, DIBELS: DAZE, DORF)
This is a 10 minute video showcasing some vocabulary lesson activities. This module integrates the following: TEACHING STRATEGIES: Building Vocabulary, ...
- FULL FACE CAM AND BAD ANGLE CAM explanation
- Meaning of Your Cloud by PGP from O-nest Cam / "PGP SHOWCASE 2013 TOKYO" Live on Aug.16
- Goggle Cam Explanation and Redneck Speedball Pump Play!
- Cam'st Meaning
Video shows what cam'st means. Second person singular simple past and past participle form of come.. Cam'st Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Thats ma new ipod cam definition
- 20130926 IBC presentation - The meaning of the Krean Flag (another cam)
- Channel Explanation with Raid (Cam)
- Sony Action Cam Wifi Explanation
- TopSolid'Cam machine definition - step 4 - Define the motion for XYZ axis
- SEPTA B-IV Car Cam Controller Explanation
A SEPTA technical manager at the 2011 Rodeo is explaining the functionality of a GE sourced cam driven motor control unit from a 1981 vintage B-IV car on the ...
- Cam Clarke-Language of the Heart
This is a song from Cam Clarke, who is famous for being the voice of many video game characters such as Liquid Snake, Thor, Daredevil, Simba & many more.
- The Language Challenge W/ Cameron (Cam's Creations)
- HD Dash Cam Language Options
How to change language options can be frustrating if you can't read chinese. Watch video and follow along.
- Gs8000 Dash Cam Language to English Walkthru
Shows how to change out the language to english for the gs8000 dash cam.
- XML Exchange Development Tutorial with CAM Editor and NIEM dictionary
How to build a working XML exchange with the CAM editor tool. Shows how to import an XML schema, tailor it using dictionary components, then generate ...
- CAM Editor harvest SQL table components into XML Dictionary
Take existing components in a SQL table and generate an XML dictionary of those components. Components have XML camel case names and conform to the ...
- DB8 - Cam reads a translated description of LRR
- CAM Editor - compiling a dictionary
For the CAM editor optimizing a dictionary for use in the drag and drop collection viewer. Takes a dictionary in Excel spreadsheet format and converts it into the ...
- Ms. Maria Figurative Language Lesson Cam
Language arts, Figurative Language lesson plan review.
- IP Cam Creepin-'Fist' Can be a Verb, Too
the nerve of some people, ignoring someone that's trying to interrupt their meal.
See also the pronunciation examples of Cam!
Quotes about Cam
I really love playing the bad guys. They have so much more freedom than the hero, and it's more of a challenge to give them a heart. I have a movie coming out soon called The unborn in which I play a good guy, and I would love to do more. (Cam Gigandet)
more quotes about cam...
Scrabble value of C3A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cam!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cam to see it in context!