Canadian appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- "Even aid an academial corps sass!" proclaimed a Canadian Eve.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun canadian
- Definition of the adjective canadian
- Phrases with Canadian
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Canadian
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Canadian
- Photos about Canadian
- Videos about Canadian
- Sign language
- Quotes about Canadian
- Scrabble value of C3A1N1A1D2I1A1N1
- Anagrams of CANADIAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun canadian
What does canadian mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Canadians
- a native or inhabitant of Canada
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic term: North American = a native or inhabitant of North America
- more specific terms:
- member of: Canada = a nation in northern North America
Alternative definition of the noun canadian
- Person from Canada.
- [sports, informal] Canadian national championship.
- synonym: Canuck
Definition of the adjective canadian
What does canadian mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more canadian / most canadian
- of or relating to Canada or its people
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective canadian
- Of or pertaining to Canada.
- Of or pertaining to Canadians.
- synonym: Canuck
- Of or pertaining to Canadian (or Canadian English).
- Canadian a.k.a. Canada is a country in North America consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean. At 9.98 million square kilometres in total, Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area and the fourth-largest country by land area. Its common border with the United States forms the world's longest land border.
- also known as Canuckistan, Dominion of Canada
- founded on (148 years ago)
- part of North America, Americas, DVD Region 1
- instance of: North American country / North American nation = any country on the North American continent
- Baffin Island = the 5th largest island and the largest island of Arctic Canada
- Laurentian Highlands / Laurentian Plateau / Canadian Shield = a large plateau that occupies more than 40% of the land area of Canada
- Canadian Maritime Provinces / Maritime Provinces / Maritimes = the collective name for the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
- Alberta = one of the three prairie provinces in western Canada
- British Columbia = a province in western Canada
- Manitoba = one of the three prairie provinces in central Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador = a Canadian province on the island of Newfoundland and on the mainland along the coast of the Labrador Sea
- Northwest Territories = a large territory in northwestern Canada
- Nunavut = an Arctic territory in northern Canada created in 1999 and governed solely by the Inuit
- Arctic Archipelago = all the islands that lie to the north of mainland Canada and the Arctic Circle
- Ontario = a prosperous and industrialized province in central Canada
- Quebec = the largest province of Canada
- Saskatchewan = one of the three prairie provinces in west central Canada
- Yukon Territory / Yukon = a territory in northwestern Canada
- Columbia River / Columbia = a North American river; rises in southwestern Canada and flows southward across Washington to form the border between Washington and Oregon before emptying into the Pacific
- Great Lakes = a group of five large, interconnected lakes in central North America
- Hudson Bay = an inland sea in northern Canada
- Labrador-Ungava Peninsula / Labrador Peninsula = a peninsular region of eastern Canada between Hudson Bay and the Labrador Sea
- Mackenzie River / Mackenzie = a Canadian river
- Niagara River / Niagara = a river flowing from Lake Erie into Lake Ontario
- Ottawa river / Outaouais / Ottawa = a river in southeastern Canada that flows along the boundary between Quebec and Ontario to the Saint Lawrence River near Montreal
- Saint Lawrence River / St. Lawrence River / Saint Lawrence / St. Lawrence = a North American river
- Yukon River / Yukon = a North American river that flows westward from the Yukon Territory through central Alaska to the Bering Sea
- member of: British Commonwealth / Commonwealth of Nations = an association of nations consisting of the United Kingdom and several former British colonies that are now sovereign states but still pay allegiance to the British Crown; NATO / North Atlantic Treaty Organization = an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security; British Empire = a former empire consisting of Great Britain and all the territories under its control; reached its greatest extent at the end of World War I; it included the British Isles, British West Indies, Canada, British Guiana
- member: Canadian = a native or inhabitant of Canada
- read more about Canada (country)
- Canadian is a city in and the county seat of Hemphill County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,649 at the 2010 census. It is named for the Canadian River, a tributary of the nearby Arkansas River. Incorporated in 1908, Canadian is sometimes called "the oasis of the High Plains." Canadian is on the eastern side of the Texas Panhandle adjacent to Oklahoma.
- The Canadian is a Canadian transcontinental passenger train operated by Via Rail Canada with service between Union Station in Toronto, Ontario, and Pacific Central Station in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- also known as Le Canadien
- Canadian is a town in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 239 at the 2000 census.
- Canadian a.k.a. The Glenlyon was a freighter built in 1893; it was sunk off the shore of Isle Royale in Lake Superior in 1924 and the remains are still on the lake bottom. The wreck was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
- read more about GLENLYON
There are other places with in their name, like Canadian Bacon, Canadian Lakes, Canadian County, Canadian Academy, Canadian Rockies, Canadian Prairies, Canadian Ski Museum, Canadian War Museum, Canadian Postal Museum, Canadian Ecology Centre, Canadian Forces College, Canadian Police Memorium, Canadian Museum of Flight, Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Automotive Museum, Canadian Museum of History, Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame, Canadian Air and Space Museum.
Canadian a.k.a. Canadian Airlines International Ltd. was a Canadian airline that operated from 1987 until 2001. The airline was Canada's second largest airline after Air Canada, and carried more than 11.9 million passengers to over 160 destinations in 17 countries on five continents at its height in 1996. Canadian Airlines served 105 destinations in Canada, more than any other airline. Canadian Airlines was also a founding member of the Oneworld airline alliance.
- also known as 加拿大國際航空
- Canadian is a fictional character from the 1942 film Captains of the Clouds.
- Canadian is a fictional character from the 2000 film X-Men.
- Canadian a.k.a. Canadian cuisine varies widely depending on the regions of the nation. The three earliest cuisines of Canada have First Nations, English, Scottish and French roots, with the traditional cuisine of English Canada closely related to British and Scottish cuisines, while the traditional cuisine of French Canada has evolved from French cuisine and the winter provisions of fur traders. With subsequent waves of immigration in the 19th and 20th century from Central, Southern, and Eastern Europe, South Asia, East Asia, and the Caribbean, the regional cuisines were subsequently augmented.
- read more about Canadian cuisine
- Canadian is an ethnicity.
- Canadian is a geologic time period.
Phrases with Canadian
- Canadian Lynx
- Canadian Mint
- Canadian Plum
- Canadian Rush
- Canadian Toad
- canadian aspen
- canadian bacon
- Canadian Brome
- canadian falls
- canadian goose
- Canadian Ballet
- Canadian Burnet
- canadian dollar
- Canadian Forces
- canadian french
- Canadian Plaice
- Canadian Poplar
- canadian shield
- Canadian Spruce
- I Am Canadian
View more phrases with the word Canadian in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Canadian
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Being a Tourist (2003)
Finding Meaning in Pleasure Travel by Julia Harrison
THE CANADIAN TOURIST ABROAD Individual identity is nurtured through a complex dialectic of influences from without as well as from within. Thus being Canadian means not only knowing that you are, but also having others validate that ...
by Sherry Torkos
For example, Rocky Mountain Analytical, a Canadian saliva hormone testing lab, has data that shows that seven out of ten women with self-reported symptoms of depression and ...
Canadian Eng.Hist. Dictionary edited byLow Bib. Can. Bibliotheca Can. Men . Canadian Canada: An Encyclopædia ofthe Country, by J. Castell Hopkins. 1898 .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Canadian
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Canadian
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Canadian flag
Photo credit: ishmael n. daro
- Canadian Flag
Photo credit: MarkDoliner
- Canadian pond
Photo credit: Paul2807
- Canadian quack.
A cute young Canadian duck at the Grenadier Pond in High Park, Toronto, Canada.
Photo credit: kaybee07
- Canadian Parliament
Photo credit: wonkanerd
- Canadian Geese
A gaggle of geese hanging out.
Photo credit: Mangrove Mike
- Canadian boxer guys
Photo credit: danxoneil
- Canadian Geese
Photo credit: Subconsci Productions
- Canadian Geese
They fly over the house regulary.
Photo credit: born1945
- Canadian Squad
Artizan Miniatures 28mm
Bolt Action Miniatures 28mm
Primed with Krylon Grey
Glued with Lepage Super Glue
Photo credit: Paul Bourgault OWS
- Canadian Geese
Photo credit: mithomas20
- Canadian Geese Eating
Photo credit: yaybiscuits123
- Canadian citizenship ceremony
Photo credit: solviturambulando
- A real canadian suit
It was made out of denim
Photo credit: hildgrim
- Canadian Geese
Photo credit: DVS1mn
- Canadian breakfast
Photo credit: Andrea Black (Lacuna)
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Canadian
Click on an item to play that video:
- Canadian Girl Translates Canadian Slang
Sorry Buzzfeed but you're wrong. Buzzfeed Article...
- Canadian Slang | CANADA DAY
Celebrate Canada Day by learning some Canadian slang words that you may have not known were Canadian! If you guess at least 3 right you're probably ...
- Redneck Defines Canadian Slang
Ever wondered what it would be like for an American redneck to try to define Canadian words and slang? Now is your chance to find out! This short and fun ...
- Canadian Dialect
none-- Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at...
- Definition Canadian Game Show
When an American asks about the Canadian game show "Definition", they're usually told "it's kind of like 'wheel of fortune' ". Well, yes and no, as you'll see in ...
- Australian vs. Canadian Slang! | ASkylitAvenue + Mitchell Dean
When an Australian and Canadian try to guess the meanings behind each other's slangs, it isn't as easy as you'd think. - Mitchell's video: ...
- Canadian rail company has no explanation after 47 car train goes missing
Canadian rail company has no explanation after 47-car train goes missing- ...
- Canadian Slang
- #BrandNew CANADIAN SLANG - Supreme Solyd [audio only]
Official Supreme Solyd Website...
- Canadian Slang
- CANADIAN Slang Words
A List and definition of words mostly used in Canada.
- Canadian Definition of Homelessness
The Canadian Homelessness Research Network has developed a definition and typology of homelessness intended to improve understanding, measurement ...
- Audism with a Canadian Definition
This vlog invalidates naysayers' claim that audism is an invalid and overused term by presenting the definition of audism as given by the Canadian Hearing ...
- TAG - Accents / Regional Dialect Canadian Style
Canadian Accents FTW Other tag participants: MiddleofMadness -...
- Canadian Slang
- Canadian Slang with Hina
Canadian Slang with Hina.
- SLANG TALK FOR CANADIAN MOMS
- "Definition" - UDO Canadian Street Dance Championships 2012 - Adult Crew 2nd Place winner
Definition competed in the adult crew division at UDO Canadian Street Dance Championships and came 2nd in their division. Definition qualifies to represent ...
- Canadian Refrigerator meaning and pronunciation
A bank or pile of snow during the colder months of winter, where food or beverage products (namely soda and beer) can be stored. Great for parties. Canadian ...
- Canadian language tips "Eh!" etc.
- Canadian Immigration: The Language Barrier
Web Exclusive: Canadian immigrants must prove their ability in English or French to qualify for permanent residence. But as a group of recent immigrants reveal, ...
- Canadian Language Centre English School In Toronto
- Canadian Dance Moves by Connect ESL students
Connect ESL students in Toronto remade an amazing video by Toronto artist Gunnarolla and dance moves by Van46. The project was to teach English ...
- Canadian Language Fairness Luncheon 2014-Antoinette Mercurio
Canadian Language Fairness Luncheon 2014-Antoinette Mercurio.
- Canadian College of English Language - SMRT
- Canadian Language School
- Canadian Language Centre English School In Toronto - You better watch
- Reggie Watts and Canadian language
Reggie Watts live in Toronto on the 22nd of March talking about Canadian culture and language.
- Warm-up Time at Baby Leaf Class (Canadian Language Centre)
- SFU Canadian Language and Culture Studies (CLCS) Program
Spend August in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. Simon Fraser University's Canadian Language & Cultural Studies program offers students a unique ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Canadian!
Alphabet Phonics in American Sign Language (Canadian version)
An Alphabet Phonics Song in American Sign Language (Canadian version). Includes letters, letter handshapes, letter sound and a word that begins with each ...
Quotes about Canadian
Scrabble value of C3A1N1A1D2I1A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CANADIAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Canadian!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Canadian to see it in context!