Carice Van Houten (actress)
Who is Carice Van Houten?
Carice van Houten: Carice Anouk van Houten is a Dutch actress and singer. She is best known for her role in Black Book, the most commercially successful Dutch film to date. Internationally, she is also known for English language work in films like Valkyrie, Repo Men, Black Death, and the TV series Game of Thrones in which she has played the role of Melisandre since 2012.
- also known as Carice Anouk van Houten
- born on (38 years ago) in Leiderdorp, child of Margje Stasse and Theodore van Houten
- ethnicity: Dutch people
- nationality: Netherlands
- education: Theaterschool, graduated in
- profession: Actor, singer
- Domestic partnership with Sebastian Koch between and (4 years)
- albums: "See You On The Ice", "Black Book"
- played Rachel Stein in "Black Book"
- played Samarinde in "Ik Omhels Je Met 1000 Armen"
- played Monika in "Father's Affair"
- played Marleen in "Zwarte Zwanen"
- played Minoes in "Undercover Kitty"
- played Nina von Stauffenberg in "Valkyrie"
- played Carol in "Repo Men"
- played Kiki Jollema in "Love is All"
- played Maria Oldknow in "From Time to Time"
- played Langiva in "Black Death"
- played Ellis de Vries in "Black Book"
- played Jane Van Dopp in "Dorothy Mills"
- played Lis in "Bonkers"
- played Suzy in "Suzy Q"
- played Sandra in "AmnesiA"
- played Carmen in "Stricken"
- played Lea in "The Happy Housewife"
- played Juffrouw Broer in "Lepel"
- played Ingrid Jonker in "Black Butterflies"
- played Susanna in "Intruders"
- played Julietta (rumored) in "Vivaldi"
- "Ivoren Wachters"
- played Sofie in "Jackie"
- played Birgitta Jónsdóttir in "The Fifth Estate"
- played Winnie de Roover in "Family Way"
- "Gewoon Hans"
- TV series:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Golden Calf for Best Actress - "Undercover Kitty"
- Golden Calf for Best Actress - "Black Book"
- nominated to European Film Award for Best Actress - "Black Book"
- Rembrandt Award - "Black Book"
- Rembrandt Award - "Love is All"
- nominated to German Film Award for Best Actress - "Black Book"
- Rembrandt Award - "Stricken"
- Rembrandt Award - "The Happy Housewife"
- Golden Calf for Best Actress - "The Happy Housewife"
- Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress in a Narrative Feature Film - "Black Butterflies"
- Rembrandt Award - "Black Butterflies"
- Golden Calf for Best Actress - "Black Butterflies"
- nominated to Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - "Game of Thrones" (Role: Theon Greyjoy, Role: Talisa Maegyr, Role: Samwell Tarly, Role: Brienne of Tarth, Role: Daenerys Targaryen, Role: Orell, Role: Jaime Lannister, Role: Tywin Lannister, Role: Gendry, Role: Tyrion Lannister, Role: Margaery Tyrell, Role: Missandei, Role: Joffrey Baratheon, Role: Jon Snow, Role: Lady Catelyn Stark, Role: Ser Jorah Mormont, Role: Cersei Lannister, Role: Thoros of Myr, Role: Brandon “Bran” Stark, Role: Tormund Giantsbane, Role: Shae, Role: Roose Bolton, Role: Sandor “The Hound” Clegane, Role: Ygritte, Role: Robb Stark, Role: Barristan Selmy, Role: Anguy, Role: Ramsay Snow, Role: Sansa Stark, Role: Gilly, Role: Melisandre, Role: Arya Stark), with Alfie Allen, John Bradley-West, Gwendoline Christie, Oona Chaplin, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charles Dance, Mackenzie Crook, Joe Dempsie, Natalie Dormer, Peter Dinklage, Nathalie Emmanuel, Michelle Fairley, Jack Gleeson, Kit Harington, Iain Glen, Lena Headey, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kristofer Hivju, Sibel Kekilli, Paul Kaye, Richard Madden, Rose Leslie, Ian McElhinney, Rory McCann, Michael McElhatton, Hannah Murray, Philip McGinley, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Iwan Rheon
- official website: www.caricevanhouten.nl
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Carice Van Houten (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Carice Van Houten (actress)
Best Movies Starring Carice van Houten
Music - "Insomnia" by Josh Woodward. Free download...
Anagrams of CARICE VAN HOUTEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Carice Van Houten!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Carice Van Houten for some fun with words!