On this page:
- Definition of the noun carissa
- Phrases with Carissa
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Carissa
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Carissa
- Photos about Carissa
- Videos about Carissa
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of C3A1R1I1S1S1A1
- Anagrams of CARISSA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun carissa
What does carissa mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a shrub of the genus Carissa having fragrant white flowers and plumlike red to purple-black fruits
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- more specific terms:
- member of: genus Carissa = Old World genus of tropical evergreen usually spiny shrubs
- Carissa: Carisa or Carissa was an ancient city of the Turdetani in Hispania Baetica, in the conventus of Gades, having the civitas Latina. Several of its coins are extant. Pliny refers to the city as Carissa cognomine Aurelia. The city is usually associated, due to inscriptions, with Carixa, near Bornos, in the Province of Cadiz.
- Carissa was an ancient town of the Trocmi in Galatia, Anatolia, located between Etonea and Amasya.
- Carissa is a fictional character from the 1992 film Hiram na Mukha.
- Carissa is a fictional character in the 2010 drama film In My Sleep.
- Carissa is a fictional character from the 2013 drama film Beneath the Harvest Sky directed by Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly.
- Carissa is a fictional character from the 2008 film Universal Signs.
- Carissa is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Moment After 2: The Awakening.
"Carissa": Last year, Carissa Phelps graduated with both a law degree and an MBA from UCLA. But when she was 12, she was homeless and forced into prostitution in Fresno. This documentary short takes us on Carissa's inspirational journey.CARISSA has won jury prizes at several film festivals and was featured in USA Today and on Good Morning America. The film is also Executive Produced by Davis Guggenheim, the Academy Award-winning director of "An Inconvenient Truth" and Jamie McCourt, Owner and President of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and sponsored by Virgin Mobile and the Los Angeles Dodgers Dream Foundation.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Political drama
- released in (8 years ago)
Phrases with Carissa
Phrases starting with the word Carissa:
- carissa plum
- Carissa Mitis
- Carissa Dulcis
- Carissa edulis
- Carissa Pilosa
- Carissa Grandis
- Carissa Obovata
- Carissa Papuana
- Carissa carandas
- Carissa Coriacea
- Carissa Spinarum
- Carissa Velutina
- carissa bispinosa
- Carissa Pubescens
- Carissa Abyssinica
- Carissa Comorensis
- Carissa Densiflora
- Carissa lanceolata
Phrases ending with the word Carissa:
View more phrases with the word Carissa in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Carissa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Filipinos in Vallejo (2005)
by Mel Orpilla
Carissa is the daughter of Chris Villanueva, former Vallejo City Council member. (Courtesy of Mel Orpilla.) Guests at Arlene Calica's birthday in 1957 at 817 Branciforte Street, from left to right, included (front row) Linda Cabatic, Leo Orpilla , ...
Tips and Recipes for Gatherers by Christopher Nyerges
Carissa is a genus that includes eight species, one of which is C. macrocarpa. Description: Natal plum has shiny stiff green leaves and snowy white, five- petaled flowers that emit a pleasant perfume. The plant is spiny, and the fruit is an oblong ...
by Kristen Ashley
A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady ...
A Profile of Economic Plants (1987)
by John C. Roecklein, Ping Sun Leung
170, 207 Summary : Egyptian carissa is a tropical African shrub with edible fruits. This plant has potential as an ornamental hedge. Emblic, Myrobalan , Emblica Sci. Name(s) : Phyllanthus emblica Geog. Reg(s) : Asia, Asia-Southeast ...
Sappi Tree Spotting (2011)
Highlands: Highveld, Drakensberg and Eastern Cape Mountains by Rina Grant, Val Thomas
ForeST Num-Num – Carissa bispinosa Tree no 640.1 AFRIKAANS Bosnoemnoem XHOSA isiBetha-nkunzi Zulu isiMatingulu Carissa is the Sanskrit name for a species of this genus; bispinosa refers to the two-forked spines on this shrub.
With Biographical Sketches of the Leading Men and Women of the County who Have Been Identified with Its Earliest Growth and Development from the Early Days to the Present by Samuel Armor
The carissa is a thorny bush, bearing an abundance of fragrant blossoms, more or ...
by Michael A. Dirr
Caragana frutex 'Globosa' Carissa macrocarpa CULTIVARS AND VARIETIES 'Globosa' is a diminutive, globeshaped form. Grows 2ft. high ...
Encyclopedia of House Plants (1999)
by Nico Vermeulen, Richard Rosenfeld
Carissa gran di flora Carissa macrocarpa NATAL PLUM This evergreen container plant is rarely availahle although it produces lovely smelling, white, starry flowers, which are followed hy red fruits. The fruits look like miniature tomatoes which, ...
by G. Rehm
Kuntze mountain papaya papayer de la montagne Bergpapaya chamburú, papaya de tierra fria, chilhuacán Carissa camndas L. karanda Kerandang, Karaunda karanda carandeira karandang caranda Carissa edulis ...
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
- Karanta, Katävu Botanical Name: Carissa carandas Linn (Syn. Carissa congesta Wight) Natural Order: Apocynaceae Habitat: ...
by Marion Eugene Ensminger, Audrey H. Ensminger
Carissa. grand/flora. Fruit of a shrub (of the family Apocynaceae) that is native to South Africa. Natal plums are pear-shaped and are up to 2 in. (5 cm) long. They have a reddish skin and reddish pulp with a white milky latex. The ripe fruitsare ...
The gardeners dictionary (1835)
by Philip Miller
Carissa. Class Pentandria Moinogynia. Nat. Ord. Apocinem. The Characters are — Calyx short; corolla tubular; stamens included; berry two-celled; capsule one- two or many seeded. 1. Carissa carandus (Jasmine flowered Carissa). Rox. Cor.
by Sir George Watt
Carissa Carandas, Linn. (Con/, with pp. 725, 131). Vera. — Karaunda, turunda, Hind. ; Kurumia, Beng.; Kalaka, Tam. 7. Celastrus paniculate, Willd. The mal kangoni of Bombay. 8. Chloroxylon Swietenia, DC. The biltu or halda alluded to by ...
by D A Bender
carissa Fruit of the evergreen shrub ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Carissa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Carissa
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Dave Q
Photo credit: Dave Q
Photo credit: Fire At Will [Photography]
- Pretty Carissa
Photo credit: Dave Q
- Carissa's "tattoo"
They put a stencil on her back and then put some ink on with a paintbrush, then peeled the stencil off. She was hoping she could get a sweet tan while she had it, so that once it wore off she would have tan lines of a kitty, but she didn't get enough time in the sun. Sad.
Photo credit: Michael Plump
- Carissa Rogers
Photo credit: Carissa GoodNCrazy
Photo credit: a2gemma
View more pictures about Carissa macrocarpa.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Carissa
Click on an item to play that video:
- Area Rug Terminology: Flat Weave Rugs by Carissa Mason
Flat weaved rugs are an affordable alternative to piled rugs and they can add immense beauty to your home or commercial building. These types of pileless rugs ...
- Area Rug Terminology - Antique Rugs by Carissa Mason
Antique rugs can be classified as antique or semi-antique depending on how old they are. Semi-antique rugs are determined to be anywhere from 50-100 years ...
- Area Rug Terminology - Machine Made Rugs by Carissa Mason
Machine made rugs are rugs that are knotted by machine rather than by hand. These machine made rugs are an affordable alternative to Oriental rugs with a ...
- Area Rug Terminology - Rug Foundation and Weave by Carissa Mason
The foundation of a rug is the weaving of two very specific types of yarn. These types of yarn that make up the base of a rug are the weft yarn through the warp ...
- Carissa's first vocabulary lesson
- Area Rug Terminology - Rug Field and Medallion Design by Carissa Mason
- Area Rug Terminology - Rug Nap by Carissa Mason
Rug's can appear to be more vibrant and colorful when you look at them from one direction, compared to when you look at them from the opposite direction.
See also the pronunciation examples of Carissa!
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of C3A1R1I1S1S1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CARISSA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Carissa!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Carissa to see it in context!