The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb carry out:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb carry out
What does carry out mean as a doing phrase?
- put in effect
- example: carry out a task
- lexical domain: Creation - verbs of sewing, baking, painting, performing
- synonyms of carry out: accomplish / action / carry through / execute / fulfil / fulfill
- more generic terms: complete / finish = come or bring to a finish or an end; effect / effectuate / set up = produce
- more specific terms:
- pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonyms of carry out: follow out / follow through / follow up / go through with / implement / put through
- more generic words: complete / finish = come or bring to a finish or an end
- more specific word: adhere = follow through or carry out a plan without deviation
Alternative definition of the verb carry out
- [transitive] To hold while moving something out.
- [transitive] [idiomatic] To fulfill.
- "Carry Out" is a song recorded by American rapper and producer Timbaland for his third studio album Shock Value II. The song features guest vocals from longtime collaborator, American recording artist Justin Timberlake. Timbaland and Timberlake co-wrote the song with Timothy "Attitude" Clayton, Jim Beanz and Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon; with Harmon co-producing the song with Timbaland. Mosley Music Group, together with Blackground and Interscope Records, serviced the song to contemporary hit radio on December 1, 2009 in the United States, as the third single from Shock Value II.
- "Carry Out" a.k.a. "Shock Value II" is the third studio album by American record producer Timbaland. It serves as the second volume of the platinum-selling Shock Value which topped charts worldwide and received 16 platinum certifications.
- read more about Shock Value II
- "Carry Out" is a 2009 single by Timbaland, featuring Justin Timberlake.
- released on (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Carry Out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
for Nurses and Healthcare Workers by Barbara F. Weller
studies the measurement of the need for care required by a patient based on the ability to carry out self-care. The main self-care activities measured are the ability ...
by Tim Williams (Ph. D.)
to carry out/bring out/carry away effetus, (L. effetus) exhausted/weakened efficax, (L. efficax) effective/efficient effluen, ...
by Geoff Mayer
Ken refuses to carry out the hit, so Waters travels to Bruges to kill Ray. Thereafter the film becomes a more conventional thriller, without ever jettisoning its black humor. The ending is both clever and sad with two deaths motivated by a perverse ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Carry Out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Carry Out
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Carry Out
Click on an item to play that video:
- Carry out Meaning
Video shows what carry out means. To hold while moving something out.. To fulfill.. To execute or perform; to put into operation.. Carry out Meaning. How to ...
- USEnglishNow Vocabulary Uses of "Carry", "Carry on", "Carry out"
USEnglishNow Video 3 Uses of the different froms of "Carry", "Carry on", and "Carry out", with examples and repetition.
- Carry Out - Phrasal Verbs - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Carry Out - ESL Phrasal Verb
Learn English for free with ESL Basics. In this video Andrea teaches you the definition of the phrasal verb carry out. Watch more videos for free at ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Carry Out!
Quotes about Carry Out
We are not going to damage our safety and our security. We're not going to give those extremists the privilege to come so freely to Israel in order to carry out more attacks against us and kill us one day after another. (Silvan Shalom)
Anagrams of CARRY OUT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Carry Out!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Carry Out to see it in context!