Cart appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Travelling beneath the azure sky in our jolly ox-cart, we often hit bumps quite hard. (68 letters)
Cart appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Tracy, no panic in a pony-cart.
- Rae, don’t cart a tract… no, dear.
- Tractor races sap a passe carrot cart.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb cart:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cart
- Definition of the verb cart
- Other definitions of cart
- Phrases with Cart
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cart
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cart
- Photos about Cart
- Video language resources about Cart
- Quotes about Cart
- Scrabble value of C3A1R1T1
- Anagrams of CART
- Share this page
The word cart is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cart
What does cart mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: carts
- a heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic words: waggon / wagon = any of various kinds of wheeled vehicles drawn by an animal or a tractor
- more specific terms:
- dogcart = a cart drawn by a dog
- dumpcart = a cart that can be tilted to empty contents without handling
- horse cart / horse-cart = heavy cart; drawn by a horse
- jaunting car / jaunty car = an open two-wheeled one-horse cart formerly widely used in Ireland
- jinrikisha / rickshaw / ricksha = a small two-wheeled cart for one passenger
- oxcart = a cart that is drawn by an ox
- donkey cart / pony cart / ponycart / tub-cart = a cart with an underslung axle and two seats
- water cart = cart with a tank for water
- wheeled vehicle that can be pushed by a person; may have one or two or four wheels
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of cart: go-cart / handcart / pushcart
- more generic term: wheeled vehicle = a vehicle that moves on wheels and usually has a container for transporting things or people
- more specific terms:
- applecart = a handcart from which apples and other fruit are sold in the street
- garden cart / wheelbarrow / lawn cart / barrow = a cart for carrying small loads
- hand truck / truck = a handcart that has a frame with two low wheels and a ledge at the bottom and handles at the top
- laundry cart = handcart for moving a load of laundry
- serving cart = a handcart for serving food
- shopping cart = a handcart that holds groceries or other goods while shopping
- part: handgrip / handle / grip / hold = the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
Alternative definition of the noun cart
- A small, open, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by a person or animal, more often used for transporting goods than passengers.
- A small motor vehicle resembling a car; a go cart.
- [video games, informal] A cartridge for a video game system.
Definition of the verb cart
What does cart mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: carted | carting | carts
- draw slowly or heavily
- transport something in a cart
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Destination] [Theme] Amanda flew me the package [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] Amanda shoved the box | Amanda shuttled her children [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] to / towards [Destination] Amanda carried the package to New York | Amanda drove the package to New York [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] to [Destination] Amanda shuttled the children to school | Nora sent the book to London [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] to [Destination] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] Amanda trucked the package to her mother's house from Philadelphia [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] Amanda shoved the box from the corner | Amanda shuttled her children from Philadelphia | Nora sent the book from Paris [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] to / towards [Destination] Amanda carried the package from home to New York | Amanda drove the package from home to New York [Agent - being or vehicle] [Verb] [Theme] from / out / out of / off / off of [Source] to [Destination] Amanda trucked the package from Philadelphia to her mother's house | Nora sent the book from Paris to London
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- more generic words: carry / transport = move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body
Other definitions of cart
What does cart also mean?
- R:W, Predictive_analytics#Classification_and_regression_trees, Classification and regression trees
"Cart" is a film, directed by Boo Ji-young.
- also known as Ka-teu
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- genres: East Asian cinema, World cinema
- released in
- read more about Cart (film)
- Cart: A cart is a vehicle designed for transport, using two wheels and normally pulled by one or a pair of draught animals. A handcart is pulled or pushed by one or more people. It is different from a dray or wagon, which is a heavy transport vehicle with four wheels and typically two or more horses, or a carriage, which is used exclusively for transporting humans.
- CART a.k.a. Champ Car was the name for a class and specification of open wheel cars used in American Championship car racing for many decades, associated primarily with the Indianapolis 500. Such racing was sanctioned by the AAA, USAC, SCCA, the CRL, CART, and IndyCar.
- read more about Champ Car
- Cart a.k.a. CART prepropeptide is a gene.
- also known as cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript, cocaine and amphetamine regulated transcript
Phrases with Cart
Phrases starting with the word Cart:
Phrases ending with the word Cart:
- tea cart
- golf cart
- lawn cart
- pony cart
- Billy Cart
- horse cart
- water cart
- donkey cart
- garden cart
- pastry cart
- laundry cart
- serving cart
View more phrases with the word Cart in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by E.G. Ballard
A cart is an instrument for transporting weights here and there; certainly it is not a color!
Determination of Flight Hardware Configuration of Energy-Absorbing Attenuator for Proposed Space Station Crew and Equipment Translation Aid Cart
cart is an advanced mobility concept designed to transport a maximum of two astronauts and additional equipment on the space station. As part of the design evaluation, an in-flight experiment ...
Explorations in Life Sense by Mervyn Sprung
The Little Clay Cart is a Sanskrit play revolving around a romantic theme of the love of a high-born man for a courtesan.
Grothendieck's FGA Explained by Barbara Fantechi
cart is a stack. Let A be a quasi-coherent sheaf of algebras on a scheme U. Then we denote by Specy. A the relative spectrum of A; this is an affine scheme over U, and if V C U is an open ...
by Cori Dusmann
The amount of material that a chest or hopper is holding will change how far the cart will go using powered tracks; a full cart will need more powered tracks to keep it running. A TNT minecart will activate and explode just as TNT does.
by Lee, In
Utilize a Compatible Shopping Cart Application. This is required to make sure the e-commerce merchant's shopping cart application can communicate with the e- commerce merchant's credit card payment-processing gateway. There are ...
Encyclopedia of Obesity (2008)
by Kathleen Keller
Tufts University Cart Peptides Cart peptiDes are named for early observations that they arise from a cocaine- and amphetamineregulated transcript. CART peptides are neuropeptides (proteins that signal in ...
A Description of Tools, Instruments, Machines, Processes, and Engineering. With Indexical References to Technical Journals (1876-1880.) by Edward Henry Knight
Cart. Charging barrow. Chock -block. Coach. Coal barrow. Coal car. Coke barrow. Dirt barrow. Dirt cart. Dog velocipede. Dry-goods truck. Dumping barrow.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Gabriel White
Photo credit: Яick Harris
Photo credit: michael_swan
a red shopping cart, abandoned
Photo credit: craigCloutier
Photo credit: C.K.H.
Photo credit: Rentn
Photo credit: Steve A Johnson
Photo credit: Alex Graves
Gentleman using a cart to push goods through the market, Silay City, Philippines.
Photo credit: Beegee49
Fruit cart in the rain
Photo credit: Charles Haynes
Photo credit: aleksandra_85
Photo credit: ZapTheDingbat
In Burra, at the Bon Accord Mining Museum and Complex
Photo credit: tarale
- Cart Escalator
The carts have their own escalator
Photo credit: Michael_Lehet
- Gas Cart
Photo credit: Ben Chun
- Wee Cart
Photo credit: bert_m_b
- Deshan And Cart
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Cart In The Yard
Photo credit: indi.ca
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cart
Click on an item to play that video:
- Remote CART Explanation with CC
Look at a six minute overview video explanation. Use a checklist to make sure you have the right equipment and software for remote CART. (No need to turn on ...
- Audio: Alexandra Peterson Cart's definition of impact investing
Alexandra Peterson Cart is the Co-Founder and Director of Strategic Development of Madeira Global, a New York-based investment and advisory firm servicing ...
- Cart Meaning
Video shows what cart means. A small, open, wheeled vehicle, drawn or pushed by a person or animal, more often used for transporting goods than passengers ...
- Explanation of the Village Equipment Cart
This is a video by Mr. Glinski and Mr. Walgamotte for the 2015-2016 school year!
- USNA ES202 Light Seeking Cart (Explanation)
- CART Meaning
Video shows what CART means. , a defunct sanctioning body for open-wheel racing in motorsports in the United States of America. CART Meaning. How to ...
- Idiom Project CART
- WAHM Cart Zone Definition setup
- Dr Adventure: Mine Cart Level Explanation
- Inverted Pendulum Cart Description
This provides a description of the inverted pendulum cart and its component parts.
- Crazy cart description madness
- CRAZY CART box description
- Open Cart Edit Store Name & Meta Description
Open Cart Websites how to edit store name, meta description and more.
- How to edit your language template within Pinnacle Cart
This tutorial helps you edit your language template with in your Pinnacle Cart installation.
- CART 345-Stephen Fry Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Cart!
Quotes about Cart
Scrabble value of C3A1R1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CART
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cart!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cart to see it in context!