Chairman of the Board
On this page:
- Definition of the noun chairman of the board
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chairman of the Board
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chairman of the Board
- Photos about Chairman of the Board
- Quotes about Chairman of the Board
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun chairman of the board
What does chairman of the board mean as a name of something?
- the chairman of the board of directors of a corporation
- Chairman of the Board a.k.a. Frank Sinatra: Francis Albert "Frank" Sinatra was an American singer, actor, and filmmaker. Beginning his musical career in the swing era as a boy singer with Harry James and Tommy Dorsey, Sinatra found success as a solo artist from the early to mid-1940s after being signed by Columbia Records in 1943. Being the idol of the "bobby soxers", he released his first album, The Voice of Frank Sinatra, in 1946. His professional career had stalled by the early 1950s, but it was reborn in 1953 after he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in From Here to Eternity. He signed with Capitol Records in 1953 and released several critically lauded albums. Sinatra left Capitol to found his own record label, Reprise Records in 1961, toured internationally, was a founding member of the Rat Pack and fraternized with celebrities and statesmen, including John F. Kennedy.
- read more about Frank Sinatra
- Chairman of the Board a.k.a. Whitey Ford: Edward Charles "Whitey" Ford is an American former Major League Baseball pitcher who spent his entire 16-year career with the New York Yankees. He was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1974.
- read more about Whitey Ford
- Chairman of the Board a.k.a. Richard Stephens is an actor.
- read more about Richard Stephens (actor)
Chairman of the Board a.k.a. Chairmen of the Board is an American, Detroit, Michigan-based soul music group, mainly active in the 1970s and 1980s.
- read more about Chairmen of the Board
"Chairman of the Board" is a 1998 comedy film directed by Alex Zamm, starring Courtney Thorne-Smith and Carrot Top. In the film, a in a surfer and inventor named Edison inherits and runs a billionaire's company. It was poorly received by both critics and audiences.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Peter M. Lenkov
- production design by Aaron Osborne
- Carrot Top as Edison
- Courtney Thorne-Smith as Natalie Stockwell
- M. Emmet Walsh as Freemont
- Raquel Welch as Grace Kosik
- Glenn Shadix as Larry
- Estelle Harris as Ms. Krubavitch
- Jack Plotnick as Zak
- Taylor Negron as Mr Withermeyer
- Jack Warden as Armand McMillan
- Mystro Clark as Ty
- Cindy Margolis as Tennis Instructor
- Larry Miller as Bradford McMillan
- Bill Erwin as Landers
- Jack McGee as Harlan Granger
- Fred Stoller as Toby
- Patrick J. Clifton as Edison's Father
- Stuart Damon as Doctor
- Darcie Dodds as Nurse
- Jack Bratton-Ryan as Edison
- Tyler Bratton-Ryan as Edison
- Courtney Hope Lenkov as Edison
- Michael Stadvec as Yuppie Man
- Arianna Ratner as Girl #1 at Annie Audition
- Monika Lynn Wesley as Girl #2 at Annie Audition
- Cory Oliver as Condom Girl
- Jack Riley as Condom Boss
- Brad Grunberg as Messenger
- Rance Howard as Rev. Hatley
- James Delano as Funeral Employee
- Stacey Silverman as Edison's Secretary
- Franca Benvenuto as Bradford's Secretary
- Charles Kahlenberg as Lawyer
- Mark Kriski as Newscaster
- Kevin Scannell as Mr. Alosi
- Eric Esch as Museum Security Guard
- Tom Charles Maxwell as Luau Band Member #1
- Mark C. Sproull as Luau Band Member #2
- Bron Tieman as Luau Band Member #3
- Mark Fontana as Luau Band Member #4
- Zack Milan
- Roger V. Burton as Member of the Board
- Ursula Burton as French Waitress
- Bob Dini as Board Member
- Little Richard
- Emma Chasin as Edison's Mother
- Lisa Wurzel as Museum Tourist
- edited by Jimmy Hill
- music by Frank Egan
- set decoration by Danielle Berman
- genres: Slapstick, Workplace Comedy, Comedy
- subject: Surfing
- tagline: Work sucks!
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released in (18 years ago)
"Chairman of the Board" is an artwork (synthetic polymer paint) by Helen Frankenthaler, begun in (45 years ago).
- media: synthetic polymer paint
"Chairman of the Board" is a 1959 studio album by Count Basie and his orchestra.
- genre: Jazz
- released on (56 years ago)
- Chairman of the board a.k.a. The chairman, sometimes known as the chairperson, chairwoman, or simply the chair, is the highest officer of an organized group such as a board, a committee, or a deliberative assembly. The person holding the office is typically elected or appointed by the members of the group. The chairman presides over meetings of the assembled group and conducts its business in an orderly fashion. When the group is not in session, the officer's duties often include acting as its head, its representative to the outside world and its spokesperson.
- read more about Chairman
- Chairman Of The Board a.k.a. Chairman of the Board of Directors is a leadership role.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chairman of the Board
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Kentucky (1999)
by Nancy Capace
Republican National Committee 1959- 1961; vice chairman of the board and director, Liberty National Bank, Louisville, Kentucky; chairman of the board and director, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky; president, American Horse Council ...
by Nancy Capace
chairman of the board of regents of South Carolina State Hospital 1915-1946; during the Second World War served as chairman of the War Finance Committee for South Carolina and was serving as chairman of the Alien Enemy Hearing ...
An Encyclopedia by Rik W. Hafer
APPENDIX A Directors of class A and class B shall be chosen in the following manner: The chairman of the board of directors of the Federal reserve bank of the district in which the bank is situated or, pending the appointment of such chairman ...
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1902)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
\W6, at and in the county of Knox and state of Missouri aforesaid, being then and there the duly elected, qualified and acting chairman of the board of trustees of the town of Hurdland, in said county of Knox and state of Missouri, did then ...
by Jan Onofrio
Barton was made chairman of the board at that time, and in 1939 Durstine resigned and Barton was named president again. In 1946 Ben Duffy was made president, and Barton was chairman of the board again. Yet Barton was more than just a ...
by David Sherman
Ed Snider (Chairman of the Board), Lou Angotti, Bill Putnam (President), Ken Blackburn (Treasurer), Ed Van Impe, Bernie Parent Second Row (L to R): Bud Poile ...
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
Vorsitzer m | chairman || président m | ~ des Aufsichtsrats | chairman of the board of supervisors || président du conseil de surveillance. Vorsorge f | provision; precaution || prévoyance f; précaution f| ~ für einen Notfall treffen | to provide for an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chairman of the Board
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chairman of the Board
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Chairman of the Board
Photo credit: Jane Quigley (jquig99)
- Chairman of the Board
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Chairman of the board
Photo credit: Micah Sittig
- The Chairman of the Board
Photo credit: bkabak
- CHEN Feng, Chairman of the Board, HNA GROUP
Photo credit: World Travel & Tourism Council
- Nitesh Gor. Chairman of the Board of Governors
Photo credit: Krishna Avanti School
- Craig R. Barrett, Intel Chairman of the Board
Photo credit: b_d_solis
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos: