On this page:
- The Chala or "Coast" is one of the eight natural regions in Peru. It is formed by all the western lands that arise from sea level up to the height of 500 meters.
- Chala is a census town in Kannur district in the state of Kerala, India and is situated 8 km from kannur town and lies on Kannu-Tellichery National highway.
- Chala is a census town in Valsad district in the state of Gujarat, India.
- Chala is a fictional character from the 2014 film Conducta.
- Chala is a fictional character from the 2012 film Khawnglung Run.
- Chala is an Uzbek term meaning "neither this nor that," referring to Bukharan Jews who were allegedly forcibly converted to Islam beginning in the late eighteenth century. In response, these Chala Jews outwardly practiced Islam, but secretly retained their Jewish traditions. These crypto-Jews married among themselves and lived in their own neighborhoods that bordered on existing Jewish neighborhoods. The Chala Jews carry a very similar story to the Marranos of Spain.
- Chala a.k.a. Ron Language: Ron is an Afro-Asiatic language spoken in Plateau State, Nigeria. Dialects include Bokkos, Daffo-Butura, Monguna. Blench considers these to be separate languages.
- read more about Ron Language
Phrases with Chala
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Annie Smith Peck
Chala is a port of call for some steamers, but the rest are very ...
by Surendranath Dasgupta
Chala means the intentional misinterpretation of the opponent's arguments for the purpose of defeating him. Jati consists in the drawing of contradictory conclusions, the raising of false issues or the like with the deliberate intention of defeating ...
Panama to Patagonia (1906)
The Isthmian Canal and the West Coast Countries of South America by Charles Melville Pepper
Chala is an 84 PANAMA TO PATAGONIA.
Alternative Voices (2013)
(Re)searching Language, Culture, Identity … by Imtiaz Hasnain
Uddotkara mentioned that this type of debate needs the providing and rebuttal “ based upon equivocation (Chala) and parity of reasoning (jati) and censure of all kinds” (Matilal 1985:13). “Chala means the intentional misinterpretation of the ...
The Illustrated American (1894)
Lake Chala is a stronge, picturesque, and wonderful lake seven miles in circumference, surrounded with precipitous cliffs encrusted with lava, varying in height from two hundred and fifty to eight hundred feet. It fills the crater of an extinct ...
by Gwyneth Chaturachinda, Sunanda Krishnamurty, Pauline W. Tabtiang
chala. Roof. Term used for the curved-roof form in architecture in eastern India and Bangladesh. Chalukya. An Indian dynasty which ruled in the Deccan during the 6th and 13th centuries C.E. whose rulers were great patrons of art. Rock-cut ...
The Zincali; or, An account of the gypsies of Spain. With an original collection of their songs and poetry, and a dictionary of their language (1841)
by George Henry Borrow
Chala Malbnin chinguerar, Birandon, birandon, birandera — Chala Malbnin chinguerar, No se bus trutera — No se bus trutera. No se bus trutera. " La rom! que le camela, Birandon, birand6n," &c. The festival endures three days, at the end of ...
by Claus Peter Zoller
*chat- > *chant- > &harkAV *chatti- > in Ak"1-éhatā, chât" *chapp-> Châp" diyāy chárdati > &harii chardí-> āhār chala-' > Chál2 *chala - ...
Originally compiled for his own private use, by Capt. Joseph Taylor. Revised and prepared for the press, with the assistance of learned natives in the College of Fort William, by W. Hunter, M.D. by Joseph Taylor (Major.)
chala, n. s. m. (qs) Motion, departure. Mct, a lucky moment. P. J.; chala, ) > adj. Laborious, P – 13 chalks " active, hard working , alert, fleet, nimble, ingenious, clever. P. &1, chalakee, n. s. f. Aáivity, alertness, ...
by Julian Granberry
Chala. Chala. Quanu. Aho, isi, tolobo. Naquilu. Inino, ino, iso.
by Michael Noonan, Ram Prasad Bhulanja, Jag Man Chhantyal, William Pagliuca
'choose' see 'cream' chala, ...
A Nika-English Dictionary (1887)
by Johann Ludwig Krapf, Johannes Rebmann
Chala, or Chaala, ». (cha, pi. Viala and Mala), a finger, a toe ; one out of a cluster of bananas. Badically, a ray, a radius, what is beaming or shooting forth side by side and from one body ; from Ku ala, to shine. The pi. Viala shows that the sing, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chala
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Chala
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Chala!
Scrabble value of C3H4A1L1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine