On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Chappy
What does Chappy mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: chappies
- [British] Diminutive of chap (in the sense of "man").
- [US] distinct astringent taste of some red wines, especially those containing high levels of tannins
- Chappy a.k.a. Joe Louis: Joseph Louis Barrow, better known as Joe Louis, was an American professional boxer and the World Heavyweight Champion from 1937 to 1949. He is considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. Nicknamed the Brown Bomber, Louis helped elevate boxing from a decline in popularity in the post-Jack Dempsey era by establishing a reputation as an honest, hardworking fighter at a time when the sport was dominated by gambling interests. Louis' championship reign lasted 140 consecutive months, during which he participated in 26 championship fights; a 27th fight, against Ezzard Charles, was a challenge to Charles' heavyweight title and so is not included in Louis' reign. Louis was victorious in 25 title defenses, a record for the heavyweight division. In 2005, Louis was ranked as the #1 heavyweight of all-time by the International Boxing Research Organization, and was ranked #1 on The Ring's list of the 100 Greatest Punchers of All-Time.
- read more about Joe Louis
- Chappy a.k.a. Kevin Chapman is an American actor known for his big build and ability to play an assortment of characters ranging from the obnoxious brother Terrence in FX's Rescue Me to street enforcer Val Savage in Clint Eastwood's Mystic River.
- read more about Kevin Chapman (actor)
- Chappy a.k.a. Simon Chapman is a film cinematographer.
- read more about Simon Chapman
- Chappy is a fictional character from the Japanese manga and anime series Papuwa.
- Chappy is a fictional character from the television series Mahō Tsukai Chappy.
- Chappy is a fictional character from the 2010 film Little Fockers.
- Chappy is a fictional character from the 1999 anime tv series Shin Hakkenden.
- Chappy is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Boondock Saints.
"Chappy" is a book by Christopher Stone.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chappy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Analytical Study by Helena Vanhala
For Masters, Chappy is a secondary father figure who ...
by Charles Richardson
child; (perhaps chappy or choppy, having large chops or chaps.) CHORD, v. s. A musical instrument, the strings of which were made of dried and twisted gut or intestine. Gr. Xop<5n. inleitinum, and hence Chorda, ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (1988)
by Nila Gott
FAULT, SHARD, LACUNA gaping _ CHAPPY, YAWNING garb _ HABIT, ROBES, RAIMENT garden _ PLOT, PATCH, JARDIN garden (pert to) city _ KENT , SICILY, CHICAGO pest _ APHID tool _ DIB, HOE, HOSE, RAKE, SPADE, SCYTHE, ...
Embracing All the Terms Used in Art, Science and Literature by John Craig (F.G.S. of Glasgow.)
In Pathology, dry scall, or scaly tetter; a disease of the order Squama, consisting of patches of dry amorphous scales, continuous, or of intermediate outline; skin often chappy. Psoric, so'rik, a. Pertaining to the itch. Psorophth ALMIA ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
Chappy teams up with an ¡8-year-old hotshot pilot for a fighter jet rescue when the kid's dad is wrongly imprisoned in the Middle East. Critics found the film hokey, but it nevertheless appealed to the same moviegoers who made Top Gun a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chappy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chappy
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: thinboyfatter
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Chappy
Video shows what chappy means. A chap; a fellow.. chappy pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. chappy meaning. Powered by ...
Scrabble value of C3H4A1P3P3Y4
The value of this 6-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Chappy to see it in context!