On this page:
Chilla is a wilderness area and part of Rajaji National Park in India. Known as an electricity creator area in the Pauri Garhwal district in the Indian state of Uttrakhand. It is also well known as a wild tourist place of Uttrakhand, standing in the middle of Rishikesh and Haridwar, very near to Ganga Bhogpur.
Who is Chilla?
Chilla a.k.a. Erik Archilla is an actor and voice actor.
- read more about Erik Archilla (actor)
"Chilla" a.k.a. "40 Days of Silence" is a 2014 film directed and written by Saodat Ismailova.
- read more about 40 Days of Silence
- Chilla a.k.a. Chilla-nashini is a spiritual practice of penance and solitude, known mostly in Indian and Persian traditions. In this ritual a mendicant or ascetic attempts to remain seated in a circle practicing meditation techniques without food for 40 days and nights. The word 'chilla' is adopted from the Persian word 'chehel', meaning 'forty'. The nashini is the person who does the 40-day fast and remains seated in the circle of seclusion. It is believed that those who try it but do not succeed usually die or suffer madness.
- Chilla a.k.a. The South American gray fox, also known as the Patagonian fox, the chilla, or the grey zorro, is a species of zorro, the "false" foxes.
- read more about South American gray fox
- Chilla: Chillā is the fifth month in the Nepal Era calendar, the national lunar calendar of Nepal. The month coincides with Phalguna in the Hindu lunar calendar and March in the Gregorian calendar.
- Chilla a.k.a. Chilla katna: In Hindustani classical music, chilla or chilla katna is a stage of training or ritual where the student is fully isolated from the outside world and lives for music only. Some musicians spend long periods of their training in varying degrees of isolation and describe these as their chilla; for others, it's a shorter, more extreme retreat, traditionally lasting 40 days. In either form, it is thought to have the power of transforming not only the student's music, but his whole life. Chilla is widely used in the Punjab gharānā of tabla playing.
- read more about Chilla katna
Phrases with Chilla
- Laona Chilla
- Dugesia Chilla
- Girardia Chilla
- Praephiline Chilla
- Species Dugesia Chilla
- Species Girardia Chilla
- Philine Thurmanni Chilla
- Species Praephiline Chilla
- Subspecies Philine Thurmanni Chilla
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chilla
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A General View of the World (1859)
Comprising a Physical, Political, and Statistical Account of Its Grand Divisions ... with Their Empires, Kingdoms, Republics, Principalities, &c.: Exhibiting the History of Geographical Science and the Progress of Discovery to the Present Time ... Illustrated by Upwards of Nine Hundred Engravings ... by Samuel Augustus Mitchell
The chin chilla is a species of field rat, about the size of a guinea-pig, and is held in great estimation for the extreme fineness of its fur or wool, which is sufficiently long for spinning. This little animal is about six inches in length, and lives in burrows under ground, in the open parts of Chili, and the adjoining regions of South America. The sloth is peculiar to South America. Thi animal, in its wild state , spends all its life in the trees, an never quits them but through force or accident, and lives ...
Or, The Customs of the Moosulmans of India; Comprising a Full and Exact Account of Their Various Rites and Ceremonies, from the Moment of Birth Till the Hour of Death by Jaʻfar Sharīf
Chilla, or the fortieth-day.Chilla is a rite observed by both rich and poor on the fortieth day after parturition, and is esteemed by them an important festival ; for, agreeably to the Shurra (or precepts of Mohummud), until that day the mother is not allowed to pray or fast, touch the sacred Qoran, or enter the Musjid. It was the custom originally to refrain from these as long as the woman had any issue ...
Siddi Identity, Its Maintenance and Change by Ababu Minda Yimene
A chilla is a banyan tree on which a green flag ...
A true translation, Akhwansaffa excepted, of the second edition of the Hindoostanee selections ... (1856)
1" Chilla is a period of 40 days passed in testing and worship. 70 THE SECOND DERVESHI.
By the Rev. W. Reeve. Revised, Corrected and Enlarged by Daniel Sanderson by W. Reeve
chilla, s. A hawk, kite, c. blear. eyed. ****, a bleared eye. C. 83# 7.8%% chilla- gattige, s.
by George Watt
—Chilla, miro, alaa'l, kalhem, pimpri, H1ND.; Rari, KOL.; Ben', KHARWAR ; Newrz, SANTAL ; Glrchi, tdndri, GOND.; Rewat, KuRKu; Mada, MAR. References.—andis, For. FL, 243,- Gamble, Man.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chilla
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chilla
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of C3H4I1L1L1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine