On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun christian religion
What does christian religion mean as a name of something?
- a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of Christian religion: Christianity
- more generic terms: faith / religion / religious belief = a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
- more specific terms:
- Second Adventism / Adventism = any Christian religion that believes the second coming of Christ is imminent
- Catholicism / Catholicity = the beliefs and practices of a Catholic Church
- Albigensianism / Catharism = a Christian movement considered to be a medieval descendant of Manichaeism in southern France in the 12th and 13th centuries; characterized by dualism
- Donatism = a schismatic Christian religion in northern Africa from the 4th to the 7th century
- Protestantism = the theological system of any of the churches of western Christendom that separated from the Roman Catholic Church during the Reformation
- Tractarianism / Puseyism = principles of the founders of the Oxford movement as expounded in pamphlets called `Tracts for the Times'
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Christian religion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Leon Klenicki, Geoffrey Wigoder
Cohen has suggested that the confrontation between Jewish and Christian religion is not that between one theology and another but between two religious communities. The Jewish concern is the practical result of belief, that is to say ...
by William H. Swatos, Peter Kivisto
Lane, Christian Religion in the Soviet Union ( London: Allen 8c Unwin, 1978); D. Martindale, Personality and Milieu (Houston, Texas: Cap & Gown, 1982); P. A. Sorokin, The Long Journey (New Haven, Conn ...
by Patrick W. Carey, Joseph T. Lienhard
The Christian religion is the natural religion, and Christianity can have no doctrines that differ from this natural or reasonable religion. The purpose of the Gospel is not to bring some kind of redemption or a new revelation, but to show that there ...
by Anthony C. Thiselton
saw a profound kinship between the Christian religion and a Christian philosophical world-view. On the other hand Tertullian (c.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Christian religion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Christian religion
Click on an item to view that photo:
Triumph of Christian Religion
by Sicilian painter Laureti.
Located onthe ceiling of one of the Raphael rooms, it refers to the triumph of christian religion of pagan idols.
Photo credit: Chad Goddard
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Christian religion
By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty. (Samuel Chase)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Christian religion to see it in context!