On this page:
- Definition of the noun christianity
- Phrases with Christianity
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Christianity
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Christianity
- Photos about Christianity
- Video language resources about Christianity
- Quotes about Christianity
- Scrabble value of C3H4R1I1S1T1I1A1N1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun christianity
What does christianity mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Christianities
- a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of Christianity: Christian religion
- more generic terms: faith / religion / religious belief = a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
- more specific terms:
- Second Adventism / Adventism = any Christian religion that believes the second coming of Christ is imminent
- Catholicism / Catholicity = the beliefs and practices of a Catholic Church
- Albigensianism / Catharism = a Christian movement considered to be a medieval descendant of Manichaeism in southern France in the 12th and 13th centuries; characterized by dualism
- Donatism = a schismatic Christian religion in northern Africa from the 4th to the 7th century
- Protestantism = the theological system of any of the churches of western Christendom that separated from the Roman Catholic Church during the Reformation
- Tractarianism / Puseyism = principles of the founders of the Oxford movement as expounded in pamphlets called `Tracts for the Times'
- the collective body of Christians throughout the world and history (found predominantly in Europe and the Americas and Australia)
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of Christianity: Christendom
- more generic word: body = a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
Alternative definition of the noun christianity
- A monotheistic religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and various scholars who wrote the Christian Bible.
- "Christianity" is a book by Linda Woodhead, published on (11 years ago).
- also known as "Christianity: a very short introduction"
- "Christianity" is a book by David Chidester.
- also known as "Christianity: a global history"
- "Christianity" is a book by Philip Wilkinson.
- also known as "Christianity (Eyewitness Books)", "Christianity (Eyewitness Guide)", "Christianity (DK Eyewitness Books)"
- genre: Children's literature
- subjects: Philosophy, Christianity, History of Christian theology, Religion, Judaism
- "Christianity" is a book by Donald W. Ekstrand.
- language: English Language
- genre: Non-fiction
- subject: Christianity
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Christianity" is a book by Hans Küng.
- also known as "Christianity: its essence and history"; "Christianity: essence, history and future"
There are many other writings with this title.
Phrases with Christianity
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Christianity
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Crucified Again (2013)
Exposing Islam s New War on Christians by Raymond Ibrahim
Christianity is the largest religion in the world.
Christianity is a proselytizing faith that seeks to win over converts.
The Christian teacher (1835)
by National review
Christianity is the religion of Christ. It arose indeed out of Judaism, but...
Rethinking Religion in India (2009)
The Colonial Construction of Hinduism by Esther Bloch, Marianne Keppens, Rajaram Hegde
Christianity is a historical movement. So are Judaism and Islam. The former has construed the latter as rival religions. Whatever goals they were/are competing for, they did/do so as religions. Judaism and Islam were not merely baptized as ...
Kierkegaard on Politics (2013)
by B. Stocker
Christianity refers to a split between the finitude of earthly human experience and the infinitude of the world beyond, like the distinction Hegel notes when discussing the Classical and the Romantic in art. One way Kierkegaard has of dealing ...
The I.B.Tauris History of the Christian Church by David Hempton
Moreover, the eighteenth century is a long time, the world is a big place and Christianity is a complex, fragmented and constantly changing religious tradition. One polymath historian who wisely confined himself to writing a mere survey of ...
by Norman Solomon
Christianity. The following statement was issued in 2000 by the National Jewish Scholars Project, an independent association of Jewish scholars from across the denominations who seek to open “the door to a serious and sustained inquiry ...
by Orlando O. Espín, James B. Nickoloff
CHRISTIANITY Christians were evangelization of the tribes, preservation of Christian traditions and learning, and overcoming the trauma caused by the invasions. When the imperial government could no longer provide protection from the ...
A Dictionary of Thoughts (1891)
Being a Cyclopedia of Laconic Quotations from the Best Authors, Both Ancient and Modern
Christianity is not a religion of transcendental abstraction, or brilliant speculation ; its children are neither monks, mystics, epicureans, nor stoics. — It is the religion of loving, speaking, and doing, as well as believing. — It is a life as well as a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Christianity
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Christianity
Click on an item to view that photo:
In the Shadow of Christianity!
Faith in Photography
Photo credit: iainmerchant
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Christianity
Click on an item to play that video:
- January 27, 2013 - John the Baptist and the meaning of Christianity
Given by Fr. Daniel Habib - Priest of St. John Coptic Church, West Covina, California.
- The Meaning Of Christianity
- BYTA Christianity Video #8 - The Meaning of "Circumcision."
Overcoming the Paradigms of Christianity - Volume 3 Episode 2 What About Galatians? - Volume 1 Beit Yeshua Torah Assembly.
- Christianity Is Brainwashing: Definition of Brainwashing
Originally posted February 2015 on The Holy Spirit Blasphemer channel.
- Shalom fest Elvis What is meaning of Christianity
What is meaning of Christianity part 1.
- Christianity meaning and pronunciation
A religion; the practitioners of which should try to exhibit Christ-like characteristics. Sadly, many people proclaim themselves Christians do so because of their ...
- Revelations of Christ - "True meaning of Christianity"
- Christianity Meaning
Video shows what Christianity means. An Abrahamic religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and various scholars who wrote the Christian Bible.
- Dealing with the twisted, distorted, silly definition of Christianity...
- Thanksgivukkah and the Meaning of Christianity
- Atheism, Christianity and Meaning (MIRROR)
Mirror of DavidJohnWellman's video. His channel...
- The Meaning Of True Christianity ( God Is King Center)
- True Meaning of Christianity
John Krivak is the preacher for the House Church of Christ which gathers together in Butler PA. He has a faithful wife (Becky), two daughters and two ...
- 52. Armenian Christianity Today - Self Definition Issues
- Definition of Christianity
- Western Christianity Meaning
Video shows what Western Christianity means. The form of Christianity traditionally practiced in Western Europe, consisting essentially of the Roman Catholic, ...
- THE PRESENT - Christianity Simplified & Explanation of the Gospel IN COMICS
Summary of Christianity - Gospel Simplified.
- The Simple Definition of Christianity
- A Muslim gets the true meaning of christianity
- Explanation about Trinity in Christianity - By David Rothfuss
- The Language of Christianity
- Heath McNease - "Mere Christianity" Song Description
Heath McNease talks in depth about his song, "Mere Christianity"
- 2-21-15 - Visions of Greatness - Christianity is a verb - John Garcia
- Root and Branch - Christianity as a Second Language
Video Appetizer for Dinner Church, Sunday Feb. 8, 2015...
- Sharing the Language of Christianity - Dr. Andy Root
- The Influence of Christianity in English Language
- Ehab Wahib Understand your Christianity Language EN
- Christianity as a Primary Language
- 04 - Speaking the Language of Jazz and Christianity
View more videos about Muscular Christianity.
See also the pronunciation examples of Christianity!
Quotes about Christianity
He who begins by loving Christianity better than truth will proceed by loving his own sect or church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all. (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)
more quotes about christianity...
Scrabble value of C3H4R1I1S1T1I1A1N1I1T1Y4
The value of this 12-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Christianity to see it in context!