On this page:
- Christopher Alexander: Christopher Wolfgang Alexander is an architect noted for his theories about design as well as over 200 building projects around the world. Reasoning that users know more about the buildings they need than any architect could, he produced and validated a "pattern language" to empower anyone to design and build at any scale. He moved from England to the United States in 1958, living and teaching in Berkeley, California from 1963. Currently an emeritus professor at the University of California, Berkeley, Alexander lives Arundel, England.
- also known as Александер, Кристофер; 克里斯托佛·亚历山大
- born on (79 years ago) in Vienna
- nationality: Austria, United Kingdom, United States of America
- profession: Architect
- written works: "A Pattern Language", "The Timeless Way of Building", "A vision of a living world", "A foreshadowing of 21st century art", "The Mary Rose Museum", "The Linz Café =", "The Luminous Ground", "Ensayo Sobre La Sintesis de La Forma", "The production of houses", "The city as a mechanism for sustaining human contact", "A new theory of urban design", "The Oregon Experiment", "Notes on the Synthesis of Form", "The Process of Creating Life", "The Nature of Order"
- Christopher Alexander a.k.a. Biff Malibu is an actor, film director and producer.
- read more about Biff Malibu
- Christopher Alexander a.k.a. Chris Jai Alex is an actor and a stunt performer.
- read more about Chris Jai Alex (actor)
- Christopher Alexander a.k.a. Jim Malibu is a film director, film art director, film producer and actor.
- read more about Jim Malibu (film director)
"Christopher Alexander" is a book by Stephen Grabow.
- also known as "Christopher Alexander: the search for a new paradigm in architecture"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Christopher Alexander
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Art of Game Design (2015)
A Book of Lenses, Second Edition by Jesse Schell
Christopher Alexander Is a Genius Christopher alexander is an architect.
by Shimon Y. Nof
Christopher Alexander is a building architect who discovered the notion of a pattern language for designing and constructing buildings and cities. In general, a pattern language is a set of patterns or design solutions to some particular design ...
by Francess G. Halpenny
THOMAS, CHRISTOPHER ALEXANDER. Doctoral student, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A. Thomas Fuller. THOMAS, JOHN D. Senior consultant, Stephen Thomas Associates, Toronto, Ontario. Alfred Moore Phillips. THOMAS ...
Hagerman, Christopher Alexander ...
Historic books etc on garden design and landscape architecture by Tom Turner
Christopher Alexander and W H Whyte have assembled valuable information on the social aspects of outdoor design. As Thompson's use of the word 'community' reminds us, landscape design is concerned as much with people as with the ...
Encyclopedia of Community (2003)
From the Village to the Virtual World by DAVID LEVINSON, KAREN CHRISTENSEN
Pattern Language, A Christopher Alexander 1977 Perhaps the most influential architectural book of the twentieth century, it has inspired planning professionals and lay- people alike with its forceful expression of a wide variety of concepts ...
A 12-Volume Set
aims, built environmentscholars, suchas Christopher Alexander andGordon Cullen, produced 'typologies' ofarchitectural design. Forinstance, typologists identified idealtypes of ...
2,856 Words You Must Know by Mark Phillips
architect Christopher Alexander said, “When they have a choice, people will always gravitate to those rooms [that] have light on two sides, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Christopher Alexander
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Christopher Alexander
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Christopher Alexander
A Pattern Language / Christopher Alexander
A digital book based on "A Pattern Language" the work of the architect Christopher Alexander. Alexander writes about his method of architecture and urban ...
Quotes about Christopher Alexander
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Christopher Alexander to see it in context!