Cis appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Cis, umpires (I arm raise) rip music.
- Cis, Sal called "Pull-up Dell" a classic!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun cis
- Definition of the adjective cis
- Phrases with Cis
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cis
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cis
- Photos about Cis
- Videos about Cis
- Quotes about Cis
- Scrabble value of C3I1S1
- Anagrams of CIS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cis
What does cis mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991
- example: 85% of foreign investors working in Kazakhstan consider it the most attractive market in the CIS.
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of CIS: Commonwealth of Independent States
- more generic terms: global organization / international organisation / international organization / world organisation / world organization = an international alliance involving many different countries
- Russian Federation / Russia = a federation in northeastern Europe and northern Asia; formerly Soviet Russia
- Republic of Belarus / White Russia / Byelorussia / Belorussia / Byelarus / Belarus = a landlocked republic in eastern Europe
- Republic of Moldova / Moldavia / Moldova = a landlocked republic in eastern Europe
- Ukrayina / Ukraine = a republic in southeastern Europe; formerly a European soviet
- Republic of Armenia / Hayastan / Armenia = a landlocked republic in southwestern Asia; formerly an Asian soviet; modern Armenia is but a fragment of ancient Armenia which was one of the world's oldest civilizations
- Azerbajdzhan Republic / Azerbaijani Republic / Azerbajdzhan / Azerbaijan = a landlocked republic in southwestern Asia
- Sakartvelo / Georgia = a republic in Asia Minor on the Black Sea separated from Russia by the Caucasus mountains
- Republic of Kazakhstan / Kazakhstan / Kazakstan / Kazakh / Kazak = a landlocked republic to the south of Russia and to the northeast of the Caspian Sea; the original Turkic-speaking inhabitants were overrun by Mongols in the 13th century
- Kyrgyz Republic / Kirghizstan / Kirgizstan / Kyrgyzstan / Kirghizia / Kirgizia / Kirghiz / Kirgiz = a landlocked republic in west central Asia bordering on northwestern China
- Republic of Tajikistan / Tadzhikistan / Tajikistan / Tadzhik / Tadjik / Tajik = a landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia to the north of Afghanistan
- Turkmenistan / Turkmenia / Turkomen / Turkmen = a republic in Asia to the east of the Caspian Sea and to the south of Kazakhstan and to the north of Iran
- Republic of Uzbekistan / Uzbekistan / Uzbek = a landlocked republic in west central Asia
Definition of the adjective cis
What does cis mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [biology] Having two mutations on two genes on the same chromosome of a homologous pair.
- [chemistry] (properly cis-) Describing a double bond in which the greater radical on both ends is on the same side of the bond.
- [context: LGBT] Not trans (transgender or transsexual); cisgender or cissexual.
CIS a.k.a. CompuServe was the first major commercial online service in the United States. It dominated the field during the 1980s and remained a major player through the mid-1990s, when it was sidelined by the rise of services such as AOL with monthly subscriptions rather than hourly rates. Since the purchase of CompuServe's Information Services Division by AOL, it has operated as an online service provider and an Internet service provider. The original CompuServe Information Service, later rebranded as CompuServe Classic, was shut down July 1, 2009. The newer version of the service, CompuServe 2000, continues to operate.
- read more about CompuServe
- Cis a.k.a. Pat Paterson was an Anglo-Scottish film actress, born in Bradford, West Riding of Yorkshire, England. Though she made over 20 films, she is most famous for being the wife of French-born actor Charles Boyer and for the death of their only child, Michael, by self-inflicted gunshot at the age of 21.
- read more about Pat Paterson (actress)
- Cis a.k.a. Cecilia Jenkins is the sister of Richard Burton.
- read more about Cecilia Jenkins
- Cis a.k.a. Edith Barker is the mother of Ronnie Barker.
- read more about Edith Barker
Cis is a fictional character from the 2003 direct-to-video anthology film based on The Matrix trilogy The Animatrix.
- Cis is a comune in Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, located about 40 kilometres northwest of Trento. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 311 and an area of 5.5 square kilometres.
- Cis a.k.a. Canton Island Airport is an airport located on Kanton Island, in the Phoenix Islands, in the Republic of Kiribati. It has a single runway 6,230 feet in length, paved with asphalt.
- CIS was a rugby union side that played matches during 1991 and 1992. The side consisted of members of the Commonwealth of Independent States. The team played four matches, losing all four fixtures. Two matches were played in Moscow, with the other two games being played at away venues.
- cis is a gene.
- CIS a.k.a. Cinema Italian Style is a film festival.
- read more about Cinema Italian Style
- CIS a.k.a. Stanford University Center for Internet and Society: The Center for Internet and Society is a public interest technology law and policy program founded in 2000 by Lawrence Lessig at Stanford Law School and a part of Law, Science and Technology Program at Stanford Law School. CIS brings together scholars, academics, legislators, students, programmers, security researchers, and scientists to study the interaction of new technologies and the law and to examine how the synergy between the two can either promote or harm public goods like free speech, innovation, privacy, public commons, diversity, and scientific inquiry. CIS strives to improve both technology and law, encouraging decision makers to design both as a means to further democratic values.
- read more about Stanford University Center for Internet and Society
- Cis a.k.a. cytokine inducible SH2-containing protein is a gene.
- also known as cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein, cytokine-inducible inhibitor of signaling type 1B, suppressor of cytokine signaling
Phrases with Cis
- Cis Afer
- Cis Alni
- Cis Boxi
- Cis Fagi
- Cis Leoi
- Cis Alter
- Cis Baeri
- Cis Biroi
- Cis Bison
- Cis Cedri
- Cis duryi
- Cis ednae
- Cis falli
- Cis Filum
- Cis Konoi
- Cis Lauri
- Cis miles
- Cis mimus
View more phrases with the word Cis in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Russia and the West (1999)
The 21st Century Security Environment by Alekseĭ Georgievich Arbatov, Karl Kaiser, Robert Legvold, East-West Institute
The Commonwealth of Independent States: From "Internal" to "International" Borders One confusing thing about the CIS is that there are many kinds of borders to deal with. First, there are inter-state boundaries, which some still think of as ...
by Kathleen Costello, Ben W Thrower, Barbara S Giesser
A CIS is a clinical symptom or symptoms that arise from an abnormality in the brain or spinal cord. A CIS can involve one symptom, such as visual loss in one eye, or can involve more that one symptom such as weakness and visual symptoms.
by Walid E. Khalbuss, Marilee Means
CIS is a rather common source of neoplastic HCGs, but metastatic carcinoma is rarely found in the gynecologic sample.
Large cell CIS is the most likely subtype to occur as described, and the bland chromatin and more abundant cytoplasm ...
Four Habits of Highly Effective Mathematicians by Alan Levine
[cis is a symbol for cos + /' sin]. Note that 6 is measured counterclockwise from the positive x-axis and we agree that 6 is between 0 and 2ir. = x + yi We'll agree that two complex numbers z - x + yi and w = u + vi are equal iff x = u and y = v. 1.
by Raymond Powrie, Michael Greene, William Camann
and 2 (002°—5 genotypes cause loss of both or-chains from a single chromosome, leading to cis 2-gene deletion orthalassemia known as oro- thalassemia (cis refers to the fact that the two mutations are both on the same chromosome).
Nonetheless, the CIS is the single best source of ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
Cis Versus Trans C H cis–fatty acid The H's are on the same side of the H H H C H C H O C O heart disease, cancer, and arthritis; see the list below. Margarine. H O H C H O C double bond, forcing the molecule to assume a ...
by Paul M. Coates, M. Coates Paul, Marc Blackman, Marc R. Blackman, Gordon M. Cragg, Mark Levine, Jeffrey D. White, Joel Moss, Mark A. Levine
As a polyene, lycopene readily undergoes a cis–trans isomerization. As a result of the 11 conjugated carbon–carbon double bonds in its backbone, lycopene can be theoretically arranged in 2048 different geometrical configurations ...
by Jane E. Macintyre
trans,cis,cis-/or/n. Ice-form Synth, from trans, trans,cis-(orm of Dicarbonyldiiodobis(trimethylphosphine)iron, Fe-00335 by exchanging I2 for Br,.
Volume 68 - (Supplement 31) by Allen Kent
CONCEPTS, METHODOLOGIES, AND APPLICATIONS Introduction Computer and information systems (CIS) have become vital to the management of organizations. As a consequence, auditing CIS becomes increasingly important as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: drukelly
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cis
Click on an item to play that video:
- CIS Meaning
Video shows what CIS means. Commonwealth of Independent States. CIS Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say CIS. Powered by ...
- HowTo - Bom Variants creating and explanation Cadence OrCAD CIS watch in
- CIS 103-Productivity suite assignment explanation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = CIS countries
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #1. Dragon vs STK
Dragon vs STK, bo1 --...
- CIS Sandcast - Low Level Language
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #3. RoX.KIS vs MSI Dragon
Pro Series --...
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #7. GTM vs Cascade
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #4. STK vs GTSS
Pro Series --...
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #2. Drag vs GTM
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #2. DHK vs STK
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #2. Rox Kis vs GTSS
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #6. Dragon vs FIERCE
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #1. Cascade vs MultiFap
- CIS Love In Any Language
CIS Love In Any Language.
- ESL CIS One Table Tour #18 
- ESL CIS One Table Tour #18 
- ESL CIS FIFA "Best goal" (all goals)
- ESL CIS "Best goal" demo 2
- ESL Play | WoT 7on7 Golden Format Cup Season 5 Final CIS 10.09.2015
Watch live at...
- ESL Play | WoT 7on7 Golden Format Cup #275 CIS
Watch live at...
- ESL Play | WoT 7on7 Golden Format Cup #287 CIS
Watch live at...
- ESL Play | WoT 3on3 Fun Cup Season 4 Final CIS
Watch live at...
See also the pronunciation examples of Cis!
Quotes about Cis
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'CIS"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of C3I1S1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cis!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cis to see it in context!