On this page:
Definition of the noun City Girl
What does City Girl mean as a name of something?
- A female inhabitant of a city, or one who prefers city life
- "City Girl" is an American 1930 silent film directed by F.W. Murnau. The director wanted the film to be called Our Daily Bread.
- also known as Il nostro pane quotidiano, L'intruse, Die Frau aus Chicago, Storstadsflickan, Unser täglich Brot, Our Daily Bread, La Bru, Unser täglich Brot - Die Frau aus Chicago, Unser täglich Brot…
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: F. W. Murnau
- producer: William Fox
- production design by Edgar G. Ulmer
- art direction by Harry Oliver
- written by Berthold Viertel, H.H. Caldwell, Marion Orth & Katherine Hilliker
- based on a story by Elliott Lester
- cinematography by Ernest Palmer
- edited by Katherine Hilliker & H.H. Caldwell
- music by Arthur Kay, Christopher Caliendo
- costume design by Sophie Wachner
- genres: Silent film, Indie film, Romance Film, Drama
- released in (86 years ago)
- "City Girl" is a 1984 film directed by Martha Coolidge. The film was produced in 1982, although it did not receive distribution until Coolidge's 1983 film Valley Girl became a surprise success.
- "City Girl" is a 1938 film directed by Alfred L. Werker.
"City girl" is a book by Lori Wick.
- also known as "City Girl (The Yellow Rose Trilogy, Volume 3)"; "City Girl (A Yellow Rose Trilogy #3)"; "City Girl (Yellow Rose Trilogy)"
- genres: Fiction, Romance novel
- subject: Texas
- City Girl is a fictional character from the 2009 film Taking Woodstock.
- City Girl is a fictional character in 2014 film Away.
- City Girl is a fictional film character.
"City Girl" is a song by the Irish alternative rock musician Kevin Shields. It is the second track from the soundtrack to the 2003 film Lost in Translation and was released as a standalone single in June 2003. Recorded during summer 2002 with Lost in Translation 's music co-ordinator Brian Reitzell, "City Girl" was among the first original material released by Shields since My Bloody Valentine's second studio album, Loveless —on which he was the main composer, musician and producer.
- music and lyrics by Kevin Shields
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for City Girl
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Giving a World-wide View of the History and Progress of the Sunday School and the Development of Religious Education... by John Thomas McFarland, Benjamin Severance Winchester
CITY GIRL.— See Girl, The City, AND THE S. S. CITY PLAN OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION. — The religious nurture of the children of a city demands the correlation and unification of all the agencies of religious culture into a well articulated city ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
CITY GIRL see our daily bread CITY LIGHTS USA 1931. Dir/Seen/Mus Charles Chaplin Assist Dir Harry Crocker, Henry Bergman, Albert Austin Photon Rollie Totheroh, Gordon Pollock, Mark Marlott Art Dir Charles D. Hall Cast Charles Chaplin ...
The Century Dictionary: The Century cyclopedia of names ... ed. by Benjamin E. Smith ... vol. I (1895)
A vulgar city girl in Cumberland's “Fashionable Lover.” Bridgenorth, or Bridgnorth (brij'nörth). A parliamentary and municipal borough in Shropshire, England, situated on the Severn 18 miles southeast of Shrewsbu Its castle was taken by ...
A Work of Universal Reference in All Departments of Knowledge with a New Atlas of the World
A vulgar city girl in Cumberland's “Fashionable Lover.” Bridgenorth, or Bridgnorth (brij'nörth). A parliamentary and municipal borough in Shropshire, England, situated on the Severn 18 miles Southeast of Shrewsbury. Its castle was taken by ...
A vulgar city girl in Cumberland's " Fashionable Lover.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for City Girl
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about City Girl
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about City Girl
City girl Meaning
Video shows what city girl means. A female inhabitant of a city, or one who prefers city life. City girl Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine