On this page:
"Class Relations": Klassenverhältnisse, known in English as Class Relations, in French as Amerika, rapports de classe, is a 1984 film by the French filmmaking duo of Jean-Marie Straub and Danièle Huillet. It is based on Franz Kafka's unfinished first novel, Amerika.
- also known as Klassenverhältnisse; Comportamento em Classe; Amerika, rapports de classe; Relaciones de clase; América, Relações de Classes; Rapporti di classe; Taxikes sheseis
- countries: Germany, France, West Germany
- language: German Language
- directors: Jean-Marie Straub & Danièle Huillet
- producer: Klaus Hellwig
- written by Jean-Marie Straub & Danièle Huillet
- based on "Amerika" by Franz Kafka
- Christian Heinisch as Karl Roßmann
- Mario Adorf as Der Onkel
- Nazzareno Bianconi as Giacomo
- Laura Betti as Brunelda
- Harun Farocki as Delamarche
- Manfred Blank as Robinson
- Reinald Schnell as Der Heizer
- Anna Schnell as Line
- Klaus Traube as Der kapitän
- Hermann Hartmann as Der Oberkassier
- Gérard Samaan as Schubal
- Villi Vöbel as Pollunder
- Jean-François Quinque as Der Stewart
- Anne Bold as Klara
- Tilman Heinisch as Green
- Burckhardt Stoelck as Mack
- Willi Dewelk as Der Chauffeur
- Aloys Pompetzki as Der Diener
- Libgart Schwarz as Therese
- Kathrin Bold as Die Oberköchin
- Alfred Edel as Der Oberkellner
- Alf Bold as Der Kellner
- Andi Engel as Der Oberportier
- Salvatore Sammartino as Der andere Liftjunge
- Henning Feddermann as Die Polizeimänner
- Franz Hillers as Der Taxifahrer
- Klaus Feddermann as Die Polizeimänner
- Lydia Bozyk as Due Wirtin
- Georg Brintrup as Der Student
- Barton Byg as Die Amerikaner
- Thom Andersen as Die Amerikaner
- genre: Drama
- released on (30 years ago)
- read more about Class Relations (film)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Class Relations
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Vicente L. Rafael
The transformation of the narrative into one that shows the paternalistic nature of class relations is a result of the police's role. The police not only are given credit for catching the criminals, they also assuage the fear of the villagers. A large ...
by Martin Griffiths
Although class relations had taken a ...
by Fathali M. Moghaddam
Service learning programs and other prejudice-reduction interventions can strengthen interclass relations by reducing classist attitudes, stereotypes, and discrimination. However, class relations are unlikely to change without broad- based ...
An Encyclopedia by Robert E. Weir
Class relations in America, in many contexts ...
Volume 20: Social Class by Larry J. Griffin, Peggy G. Hargis, Charles Reagan Wilson
Southern class relations can also be traced in built environments outside the region. The skeletal remains of New England textile factories, for instance, embody the uncompensated labor of southern slaves, while the monumental libraries, ...
by Charles E. Orser Jnr
class relations in the capitalist cycle of expansion, contraction and crisis. James Delle's comparable study of coffee plantations in eastern Jamaica probed how contradictory class relations and socioeconomic crises were negotiated in planters' ...
by Craig Kridel
Some theorists address only class relations, while others address multiple relationships, usually including class along with race and gender. Britain has a more robust history of critically examining class in education than does the United ...
A Dictionary of Sociology (2009)
by John Scott, Gordon Marshall
Certain class relations interpenetrate both modes of production and so constitute contradictory relations between them.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Class Relations
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Class Relations for some fun with words!