On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cold sweat
What does cold sweat mean as a name of something?
- the physical condition of concurrent perspiration and chill; associated with fear
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- more generic terms: physical condition / physiological condition / physiological state = the condition or state of the body or bodily functions
- part of: fear / fearfulness / fright = an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger
- "Cold Sweat" is a 1970 French/ Italian international co-production starring Charles Bronson and directed by Terence Young. It is based on the 1959 novel Ride the Nightmare by Richard Matheson. It was filmed in and around Beaulieu-sur-Mer.
- also known as L'uomo dalle due ombre, From the Boys
- countries: Italy, France, Belgium
- languages: English Language, French
- producer: Robert Dorfmann
- art direction by Tony Roman
- written by Dorothea Bennett, Jo Eisinger, Shimon Wincelberg & Albert Simonin
- based on a story by Richard Matheson
- Charles Bronson as Joe Martin
- Liv Ullmann as Fabienne Martin
- James Mason as Captain Ross
- Jill Ireland as Moira
- Michel Constantin as Whitey
- Luigi Pistilli as Fausto Gelardi
- Yannick Delulle as Michèle Martin
- Paul Bonifas as The doctor
- Sabine Sun as The nurse
- Roger Mailles as A poker player
- Nathalie Varallo as Violet
- cinematography by Jean Rabier
- edited by Johnny Dwyre
- music by Michel Magne
- genres: Thriller, Action Film, Crime Fiction, Drama
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (45 years ago)
- "Cold Sweat": A young man searching for his missing girlfriend. A loyal friend willing to do anything to uncover the truth. An investigation that culminates in an old house. Inside two brutal murderers expect them, armed with twenty-five boxes of explosives stolen from the last military dictatorship in Argentina.
- also known as Sudor Frio, Sudor frío, Hladan znoj, Nitro
- country: Argentina
- language: Spanish Language
- director: Adrián García Bogliano
- producer: Andrea Quiroz
- executive producers: Pablo Bossi & Juan Pablo Buscarini
- written by Hernán Moyano, Ramiro García Bogliano, Adrián García Bogliano
- cinematography by Ernesto Herrera
- edited by Hernán Moyano
- music by Fernando Monteleone, Andres Martinesi, Facundo Espinosa
- genres: Horror, Thriller
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: www.sudorfrio.com
- "Cold Sweat" is a 1993 thriller film about a man who lives a double life as a hitman. The film was directed by Gail Harvey, and stars Ben Cross, Adam Baldwin, and Shannon Tweed.
- "Cold Sweat" is a documentary film directed by Marguerite Albrecht.
- read more about Cold Sweat (film)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cold Sweat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nils K. Oeijord, Mitch C. Bronston
cold stare, to-give-somebody-a-cold-stare instinct cold sweat, the-cold-sweat-of- fear instinct cold, to-feel-cold instinct coldness, coldness instinct coldness, coldness-in-one's-voice instinct coldness, the-sensing-of-coldness instinct collecting, ...
by John Henry Clarke
— Cold sweat in drops over whole body. — Strong-smelling sweat around ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
A cold sweat stands in drops on ev'ry part. HrfJer- — Aged tyranny sways not as it hath power, but — Sweat is produced by changing the halar.ee bt Milton. Milton. Claim. — Dryden. as it is suffered. Shak.— There let him still victor sway. Milton.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cold Sweat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cold Sweat
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Mister Softy
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Cold Sweat
Sweltering Bagdad: cold sweat dichotomy
between electricity grid lock
and green zone security block,
hot air surge in a pretty pickle.
(6 August 2007 robi03_1663_robi03_0000 XXX_JXX) (Jonathan Robin)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cold Sweat to see it in context!