On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun coleoptera
What does coleoptera mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Coleoptera: order Coleoptera
- more generic term: animal order = the order of animals
- member of: class Hexapoda / class Insecta / Hexapoda / Insecta = insects
- beetle = insect having biting mouthparts and front wings modified to form horny covers overlying the membranous rear wings
- family Cicindelidae / Cicindelidae = tiger beetles
- family Coccinellidae / Coccinellidae = the ladybugs
- family Carabidae / Carabidae = ground beetles
- family Lampyridae / Lampyridae = fireflies
- family Cerambycidae / Cerambycidae = long-horned beetles
- family Chrysomelidae / Chrysomelidae = leaf beetles
- family Dermestidae / Dermestidae = carpet beetles
- family Cleridae / Cleridae = beetles that prey on other insects
- superfamily Lamellicornia / Lamellicornia = scarabaeid beetles and stag beetles
- family Elateridae / Elateridae = click beetles and certain fireflies
- family Dytiscidae / Dytiscidae = water beetles
- family Gyrinidae / Gyrinidae = whirligig beetles
- family Anobiidae / Anobiidae = deathwatch beetles
- family Curculionidae / Curculionidae = true weevils: snout beetles
- family Meloidae / Meloidae = blister beetles
- family Scolytidae / family Ipidae / Scolytidae / Ipidae = large family of bark-boring or wood-boring short-beaked beetles
- family Staphylinidae / Staphylinidae = rove beetles
- family Tenebrionidae / Tenebrionidae = a family of arthropods including darkling beetles and mealworms
- family Bruchidae / Bruchidae = seed beetles
"Coleoptera" is a musical EP of Das Kraftfuttermischwerk.
- released in (7 years ago)
Phrases with Coleoptera
Phrases ending with the word Coleoptera:
- order coleoptera
- Cymatia Coleoptera
- Cordyceps Coleoptera
- Lepyronia Coleoptera
- Metarhizium Coleoptera
- Heteropterys Coleoptera
- Pseudogibellula Coleoptera
- Species Cymatia Coleoptera
- Species Cordyceps Coleoptera
- Species Lepyronia Coleoptera
- Species Heteropterys Coleoptera
- Heteropterys Coleoptera Coleoptera
- Form Heteropterys Coleoptera Coleoptera
Other phrases containing the word Coleoptera:
- Heteropterys Coleoptera Laevifolia
- Heteropterys Coleoptera Macrocarpa
- Form Heteropterys Coleoptera Laevifolia
- Form Heteropterys Coleoptera Macrocarpa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Coleoptera
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Coleoptera is the normal number. The first joint is by far the longest, and the last three form a trilamellate club, as previously described. When the beetle is digging, the antennae lie down on the under-side 90 THE EXTEKNAL ANATOMY .
Outlines of Entomology (2012)
by R.G. Davies
Coleopteran pests of orchard, plantation and field crops. The Coleoptera is the largest order of insects, containing about 370 000 species.
by Rod Powers
The correct answer is a - coleoptera. Coleoptera is the largest order of insects, comprising the beetles and weevils.
The Pesticide Encyclopedia (2014)
by Kalyani Paranjape, Vasant Gowariker, V N Krishnamurthy, Sugha Gowariker
Order Coleoptera is a very large and diverse order of beetles with over 300,000 species. A distinguishing feature of the members of this order is that the forewings are modified into horny sheaths that completely conceal the hind wings when ...
A Dictionary of Zoology (2003)
by Michael Allaby
The Coleoptera is the largest order of animals and contains at least 350 000 species. colies See Coliidae. Coliidae (mousebirds, colies; class *Aves, order * Coliiformes) A family of brown or grey, short-winged and very longtailed birds that are ...
by Edward J. Parish, W. David Nes
Perhaps as interesting as any of these differences in sterol metabolism among Coleoptera is the fact that the khapra beetle, Trogoderma granarium, is completely unable to dealkylate 28-and 29-carbon phytosterols.” This was one of the first ...
by Douglas M. Considine, Glenn D. Considine
Coleoptera is the largest ...
by Vivien Gornitz
Both oxygen isotopes and fossil Coleoptera are considered to reflect changes in temperature almost instantaneously, while vegetation responds more slowly, due to migration lags in particular. Temperature reconstructions based on isotopes ...
The galea of the maxillae in the Orthoptera is rarely represented in the Coleoptera, and when it is, the form is entirely different ; and the wings are neither formed nor folded as in that order. The head, thorax, abdomen, and feet, are distinct, and ...
A Dictionary of Entomology (2011)
[Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae]: In Australia, a serious pest of sugarcane in northern Queensland; final larval (third) instar causes most damage to cane roots. See Scarabaeidae ...
by Richard C. Russell, Domenico Otranto, Richard L. Wall
Outbreak of dermatitis linearis caused by Paederus ilsae and Paederus iliensis (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae) at a military base in Iraq. United States Army Medical Department ...
- The thorax of the Coleoptera, ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1855)
Or, Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General Literature by Thomas Stewart Traill
Coleoptera. matique, soit par un ou plusieurs sachets, soit enfin par des ~'\~ utrlcules dont le nombre, la configuration, et la grandeur varient suivant les familles; 2°. de deux canaux déférens variables pour lcur longeur, quelquefois reployés ...
Dictionary Catalogue ... (1903)
by Illinois State Library
——Classification of coleoptera, 1, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coleoptera
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Coleoptera
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of C3O1L1E1O1P3T1E1R1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COLEOPTERA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Coleoptera!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Coleoptera to find many related words and phrases!