Definition of Cologne
What does Cologne mean?
- a perfumed liquid made of essential oils and alcohol
- A type of scented or perfumed water named after the city of Cologne.
- synonym: eau de Cologne
Phrases with Cologne
- cologne water
- eau de cologne mint
- eau de cologne
- Cologne is Germany's fourth-largest city, and is the largest city both in the German Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia and within the Rhine-Ruhr Metropolitan Area, one of the major European metropolitan areas with more than ten million inhabitants.
- Cologne is one of the five governmental districts of the German Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is located in the south-west of that state and covers the hills of the Eifel as well as the Bergisches Land.
- Cologne is a city in Carver County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 1,519 at the 2010 census. The city is about 30 miles away from Minneapolis.
- Cologne is an unincorporated community in Galloway Township, Atlantic County, New Jersey, United...
- Cologne is an unincorporated community in King and Queen County, Virginia, United States. Cologne is located at longitude -76.691 and latitude 37.531 and sits elevated at 105 feet.
There are other places with Cologne in their name, like University of Cologne, Cologne University of Applied Sciences.
Cologne was a pigeon who received the Dickin Medal in 1947 from the People's Dispensary for Sick...
- award: - Dickin Medal (Bravery in service during the Second World War)
Cologne is a fictional character in Rumiko Takahashi's anime and manga series Ranma ½.
- occupation: Martial artist
- created by Rumiko Takahashi
"Cologne" is a musical single of Sonae.
- released on
- "Cologne" is a 2013 short music drama film written and directed by Brendan Ranson-Walsh.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Kyle Ranson-Walsh
- production design by Ryan Richardson & Samuel Shenova
- art direction by Mara Auster
- written by Brendan Ranson-Walsh
- based on a story by Brendan Ranson-Walsh
- cinematography by Dagmar Weaver-Madsen
- edited by Bradley Furnish
- genres: Drama, Music, Romance Film
- released on
- official website: colognefilm.com
- "Cologne" a.k.a. "Cologne: From the Diary of Ray and Esther" is a 1939 short documentary film which deals with the German-American community on the eve of World War II. It was directed by Esther Dowidat and Raymond Dowidat.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cologne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Correspondence of James Fenimore-Cooper
Cologne is an old town with a Cathedral commenced and about a third completed, in which state it has rested the last five...
Encyclopedia of 20th Century Photography (2006)
by Lynne Warren
See also: Architectural Photography; Cartier-Bres- son, Henri; Resting, Edmund; Man Ray; Moholy- Nagy, Laszlo; Photogram; Photography in Germany and Austria Biography Born Cologne, Germany, May 19, 1924. Studied photography at ...
The Grove Encyclopedia of American Art (2011)
by Joan M. Marter
Cologne, Mus. Ludwig Cologne, Stadtmus. Cologne, Wallraf-Richartz-Mus. Colorado Springs, CO, F.A. Cent. Columbus, GA, Mus. Columbus, OH Hist. Soc. Columbus, OH, Mus. A. Columbus, OH, Wexner Cent. A. Charleston, SC, Carolina Art ...
The Edinburgh encyclopaedia (1832)
by Sir David Brewster
Amsterdam Antwerp Augsburg Basle Berlin Bern Bombay Bremen Breslau Brussels Cadiz Cairo Calicut China Cologne Constantinople Cracow Damascus Dantzic Denmark England Florence Frankfort France Geneva Genoa Hamburgh ...
THE POPULAR ENCYCLOPEDIA OR " CONVERSTATIONS LEXICON:" (1841)
Cologne has thus become a strong place, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cologne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Cologne
Photo credit: luca.sartoni
Videos about Cologne
Click on an item to play that video:
- Choosing Terminology | Cologne, Germany 2010
Another step how to write proper technical documentation.
- Atelier Cologne Absolue's Christophe & Syvlie Explain about the Meaning of "Atelier"
it's not always apparent what exactly an "atelier" is-- but Sylvie Ganter & Christophe Cervacel provide a really great definition and with that said-- also t...
- ESL Fanshawe commercials - BIKO cologne
ESL Fanshawe commercial ad advertisement.
- [Germany] Language Course, Carl Duisberg - Cologne, Cologne
With over 45 years experience as an international language provider, teaching German as a foreign language has always had an important focus in the work of C...
- Intel Friday Night Game Cologne ESL Pro Series VII
Intel Friday Night Game Cologne ESL Pro Series VII.
See also the pronunciation examples of Cologne!
Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1G2N1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cologne to find many related words and phrases!