On this page:
- Definition of the noun Colombia
- Phrases with Colombia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Colombia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Colombia
- Photos about Colombia
- Video language resources about Colombia
- Quotes about Colombia
- Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1M3B3I1A1
- Anagrams of COLOMBIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Colombia
What does Colombia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a republic in northwestern South America with a coastline on the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea; achieved independence from Spain in 1821 under the leadership of Simon Bolivar; Spanish is the official language
- examples: The people from Colombia speak Spanish. | They speak Spanish in Colombia. | I'm from Colombia. | I come from Colombia. | Diego is from Colombia. He is Colombian. | Alejandra is from Colombia. She is Colombian. | Lida was from Colombia. I met her when I was in Madrid. | I live in Colombia. | Welcome to Colombia, Dave.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonym of Colombia: Republic of Colombia
- instance of: South American country / South American nation = any one of the countries occupying the South American continent
- part of: South America = a continent in the western hemisphere connected to North America by the Isthmus of Panama
- Barranquilla = a port city of northern Colombia near the Caribbean on the Magdalena River
- capital of Colombia / Bogota = capital and largest city of Colombia
- Cali = city in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area
- Medellin = city in western Colombia
- Cartagena = a port city in northwestern Colombia on the Caribbean
- Soledad = a city in northern Colombia
- Galeras / Pasto = an active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes
- Purace = an inactive volcano in the Andes in southern Colombia
- Andes = a mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast
- Arauca = a river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela
- Magdalena River / Magdalena = a river that rises in the Andes mountains in southwestern Colombia and flows generally northward to empty into the Caribbean Sea at Barranquilla
- Orinoco River / Orinoco = a South American river 1,500 miles long
- member of: OAS / Organization of American States = an association including most countries in the western hemisphere
- member: Colombian = a native or inhabitant of Colombia
Alternative definition of the noun Colombia
- Country in South America. Official name: Republic of Colombia.
Phrases with Colombia
Phrases starting with the word Colombia:
Phrases ending with the word Colombia:
- Genus Colombia
- Eunice Colombia
- Oligia Colombia
- Speyeria Colombia
- Euptoieta Colombia
- Hemiceras Colombia
- Lebiasina Colombia
- Allochrysa Colombia
- Allograpta Colombia
- Anomalepis colombia
- capital of colombia
- Lepidomyia Colombia
- Lepidostola Colombia
- Leucochrysa Colombia
- republic of colombia
View more phrases with the word Colombia in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Colombia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Americas Review 2003/2004 (2003)
by World of Information Staff
Colombia is the world's second-largest exporter of cut flowers, after the Netherlands, with 8 per cent of the world market. Shipments of fresh and processed tropical fruit are also increasing. Meat production has been hit by guerrilla violence in ...
Just Ecological Integrity (2002)
The Ethics of Maintaining Planetary Life by Peter Miller, Laura Westra
Luis Alberto Camargo and Vicky Castillo Colombia is a country vastly rich in natural resources. It possesses two of the areas of highest biodiversity of the planet, the Choc6 region and the Amazon basin. Its wealth is immense in hydrological ...
Woman's Work (1910)
Colombia is the South American Persia without Persia's excuse. It is a rich and fertile country, not a desert. There is scarcely anything that it cannot produce from the fruits of the tropics to the grains of the temperate zones. It has thousands of ...
Colombia is a country of solid democratic institutions. When we speak about institutions, we cannot speak in abstract about institutions. We have to speak about institutions in concrete terms. We have 1,102 mayors directlv elected bv the ...
An Atlas of Conflict by Ewan W. Anderson
Colombia is a large country with an area of 1,138,914 km2 and a population of 35 million, which places it third in Latin America after Brazil and Mexico. Like all of the Andean states, there is a sharp contrast between the coastal plains, the ...
Colombia: A Country Study (2010)
by Rex A. Hudson
Additionally, Colombia is a founding member of the Organization of American States (OAS — see Glossary), the regional organization responsible for determining when the Rio Treaty's collective security provisions should be implemented, ...
The Independent (1909)
Colombia is a wonderland of opportunity.
The School of Charity (1990)
The Letters of Thomas Merton on Religious Renewal and Spiritual Direction by Thomas Merton, Patrick Hart
Colombia is a half-Indian country. Ecuador is mostly Indian, like Bolivia. Venezuela is mixed up Indian and Negro and very tropical, with all attendant drawbacks. 6) Nevertheless, Colombia remains a very attractive prospect with all its ...
Organized Crime (2016)
by Howard Abadinsky
Colombia is a relatively large country, but many regions have only a weak federal presence. The high Andes...
Contemporary Latina/o Media (2014)
Production, Circulation, Politics by Arlene Dávila, Yeidy M. Rivero
Currently, Colombia is the top producer of TV fictions for...
Colombia is the fourthlargest economy in Latin America, and in ...
Colombia - Culture Smart! (2011)
The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture by Kate Cathey
Colombia is a magical country, full of spectacular varied landscapes, rare ecosystems, succulent tropical fruits, salsa and cumbia music, and kind, fun-loving people.
United States of America Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the 105th Congress Second Session Vol. 144 Part 4
Colombia is a key drug source nation in our Western Hemisphere. Eighty percent of the world's cocaine originates there. More than 60 percent of the heroin seized in the United States originates there, as well. The Vice President has estimated ...
by Harvey F. Kline
Culture and Customs of Colombia. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1999. Wilson, Suzanne. “Inside Colombia: Drugs, Democracy, and War.” Latin American Politics and Society 47, no.
by Peter H. Rist
It includes 12 sovereign states—Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela—as well as Guyane Française (French Guiana), an overseas region of France. It is one of the ...
by Richard T. Schaefer
Brazil Argentina Peru Bolivia Colombia Venezuela Paraguay Ecuador Guyana Uruguay Suriname Nicaragua Panama French Guiana Costa Rica Pacific Ocean Tierra del Fuego Chile Atlantic Ocean Falkland Is. South Georgia & the South ...
Dictionary of Ecodesign (2010)
An Illustrated Reference by Ken Yeang, Lillian Woo
Those countries that have a large number of threatened species but a relatively low per capita income include Brazil, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Madagascar, Peru, and the Philippines. These countries share a ...
by Tom Dunmore
September 1961, Santa Marta, Colombia. Carlos Valderrama, an imaginative passer of the ball from deep in ...
by James Minahan
Outside the region there are Zulian communities in other areas of Venezuela and Colombia, and in the United States, principally in die state of Florida. THE ZULIAN HOMELAND; The Zulian homeland lies in northwestern South America in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Colombia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Colombia
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Colombia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Grootste slang ter wereld duikt op in Colombia
De Titanoboa is de grootste slang die ooit leefde. Het dier heeft een lengte van zo'n zeventien meter. Na een wereldreis is de gigant nu te bewonderen in ...
- The Meaning of Mezamashii Running - Running Balboa Colombia
La cadena internacional de tiendas para los Runners.
- Anon for //SLANG magazine (Colombia)
- Colombia Meaning
Video shows what Colombia means. Country in South America. Official name: Republic of Colombia.. Colombia pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Ecuador to demand an explanation on US military aid to Colombia
- Disturbed Bogota Colombia Fear+Meaning of Life+Numb+Voices.
- Colombia: Alzate explanation raises further questions
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Colombia
- ESL class in Colombia: Teaching animals, simple commands and songs
ESL class in Colombia: Teaching animals, simple commands and songs.
- Illegal WildLife Trafficking in Colombia - English Language- TvAgro por Juan Gonzalo Angel
- Description Manizales Colombia
Homework basic 1.
- (ESL) Nicholas Negroponte -- OLPC in Colombia #3 (CAPTIONS & TRANSCRIPT)
TRANSCRIPT TED -- Nicholas Negroponte takes OLPC to Colombia #3 (2:40) 1. Now what are some of the results? Some of the results that go across every ...
- TEACHING ENGLISH ESL TO TEACHERS IN ARAUCA COLOMBIA.
Tony describes his teaching ESL English in the HOMETOWN OF FARC the rebels in Arauca Colombia South America. Tony also mentions the respect he has for ...
- (ESL) Nicholas Negroponte -- OLPC in Colombia #1 (CAPTIONS & TRANSCRIPT)
TRANSCRIPT TED -- Nicholas Negroponte takes OLPC to Colombia #1 (2:02) 1. It's amazing, when you meet a head of state and you say, "What is your most ...
- Study Abroad Hong Kong - Q Language Quick Chat With Carolina From Colombia
- (ESL) Nicholas Negroponte -- OLPC in Colombia #2 (CAPTIONS & TRANSCRIPT)
- Winner Presidential Election Colombia Predicted using Body Language and Micro Expressions in 2014
- Colombia Excelso Fresh Roasted Coffee Bean Description
Colombia Excelso Fresh Roasted Coffee Bean Description.
- Colombia description uti
colombia descripcion en ingles.
- Student from Colombia Testimonial (Open Hearts Language Academy).
- The Jesus Film - Kuna, Border / Caiman Nuevo / Colombia Cuna / Cuna Language
The Jesus Film - Kuna, Border / Caiman Nuevo / Colombia Cuna / Cuna Language The Story of the Life and Times of Jesus Christ (Son of God). According to the ...
- ESL Students Describing People August 26, 2015 Bogota Colombia IMG 3610
- BTC2014 Colombia : Power of Language
- ESL Students Describing People August 26, 2015 Bogota Colombia 2 IMG 1292
ESL Students Describing People August 26, 2015 Bogota Colombia 2 IMG 1292.
- English language school in Boston...
English language school in Boston...
- Colombia Supremo Los Naranjos Roasted Coffee Description
Colombia Supremo Los Naranjos Roasted Coffee Description.
- Executive from Makser LTDA (Colombia) Testimonial - LCI Language Centers
- Colombia Supremo Los Naranjos Bag and Bean Description
Colombia Supremo Los Naranjos Bag and Bean Description.
- Testimonial from Siemens Project Manager (Colombia) - LCI Language Centers
- Language lessons in Colombia, day and night 3
See also the pronunciation examples of Colombia!
Quotes about Colombia
Scrabble value of C3O1L1O1M3B3I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COLOMBIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Colombia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Colombia to see it in context!