Confession of a Child of the Century
On this page:
"Confession of a Child of the Century" is a 2012 French drama film directed by Sylvie Verheyde. The film competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. The film is an adaptation of Alfred de Musset's 1836 autobiographical novel of the same name.
- also known as Bekenntnis eines jungen Zeitgenossen
- countries: France, Germany, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Bruno Berthemy
- executive producer: Caspar Heider
- production design by Thomas Grézaud
- written by Sylvie Verheyde
- based on "La Confession D'UN Enfant Du Siecle" by Alfred de Musset
- Charlotte Gainsbourg as Brigitte
- Pete Doherty as Octave
- Lily Cole as Elise
- August Diehl as Desgenais
- Volker Bruch as Henri Smith
- Joséphine de La Baume as Desgenais's Mistress
- Guillaume Gallienne as Mercanson
- Rebecca Jameson
- Effi Rabsilber as Cantatrice
- Rhian Rees as Madame Levasseur
- Karole Rocher as Marco
- Julia Schmelzle as Maîtresse
- Kathrin Anna Stahl as Chanteuse
- Diana Stewart as Brigitte's aunt
- Christelle Lahaye as Brigitte's Maidservant
- casting by Philippe Elkoubi
- cinematography by Nicolas Gaurin
- edited by Christel Dewynter
- music by NousDeux The band
- costume design by Esther Walz
- genre: Drama
- released on
"Confession of a child of the century" is a book by Alfred de Musset.
- also known as "Confession of a child of the century (Confession d'un enfant du siècle)"
"Confession of a child of the century" is a musical album of Nousdeux the band.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Confession of a Child of the Century
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
and Alfred de Musset's Confession d'un enfant du si ecle (1836, The Confession of a Child of the Century) all dwell on the ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
the confession of a child of the century) ...
by Christopher John Murray
And Alfred de Musset, in the significantly titled La Confession d'un enfant du sie` cle (The Confession of a Child of the Century, 1836) provided further autobiographical proof (albeit fictional) of the disillusionment felt by young Romantics with ...
Encyclopedia of the Essay (2012)
by Tracy Chevalier
Boy-Zelenski invokes as examples Octave from Alfred de Musset's La Confession d'un enfant du siecle (1836; The Confession of a Child of the Century) and Montaigne's "sober ...
(public Documents Excepted) by Illinois State Library
Confession of a child of the century, v. 9. Medley of literature and criticism. Church picture. — A fantastic review. — Salon of 1836. — Letters of Dupuis and Cotonet.— Mademoiselle Garcia's court speech at French academy.
Dictionary Catalogue ... (1912)
by Illinois State Library
Confession of a child of the century. . 9. Medley of literature and criticism. Church picture. — A fantastic review. — Salon of 1836. —— Letters of Dupuis and Cotonet.—— Mademoiselle Garcia's court speech at French academy ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Confession of a Child of the Century
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: